Shaw 714 DVD

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK OK OK
I love pool and all of you can say what you like, this is absolutely absurd! $125 for a DVD, no matter what the content is is lunacy!
I guarantee all of you that it will make it's way to the net at some point, it was recorded live on the crack and cuts i've already seen on the tube.
JUST SAY NO KIDS!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK OK OK
I love pool and all of you can say what you like, this is absolutely absurd! $125 for a DVD, no matter what the content is is lunacy!
I guarantee all of you that it will make it's way to the net at some point, it was recorded live on the crack and cuts i've already seen on the tube.
JUST SAY NO KIDS!
Sales 101: You can always drop the price but you can rarely increase the price. I hope he sells all 714 packages at the $125 price point but we will see what the market will bear. I believe he will sell out. It's time for all those demanding the video be released for sale to put their money where their mouth is.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the very least unlike the monster runs that we have all heard about from past greats this one will be around.
So 50 or 100 years from now there will be no doubt that this was done.
Of course it will have to be transferred to what ever the medium is then.

The interesting part is that we have photographs from the 1840's or so and film from the early 1900's.
But hopefully a 1000 years or more from now people will be able to see us.
I'm sure they will marvel at how primitive we were.
Remember to wave!

middleofnowhere

Registered
Assuming $25 for DVD production costs and shipping fees. $71400 profit to Jayson sounds extremely profitable, forget about just reasonable.

Good on him if he sells out. (y)

Assuming there are 714 Straight Pool enthusiasts with $125 and a DVD player. I wish him the best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
There probably isn't. While I said I thought the price was not unreasonable, there is always a price that just a little to high. This may be the case here. Depending on how he goes about marketing it, it may be a very tough sell.
I notice till this, no one is even talking about it anymore. It's yesterday's news.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If Jason Shaw don't put the run up on YouTube himself, and go for all the advertising dollars he can generate, someone else will, guaranteed! Copyright laws won't protect it from someone posting it because it's already been broadcast for free in the public domain on FB.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
This is what I don't get. Ever since Jayson ran his 714 there have been a multitude of posts about making the run available for sale. We all know there is no money in pool and only a select few know exactly how much Jayson pocketed in incentive money after the run. The guy is trying to moentize his accomplishment by offering a copy of the run and some memoribilia for a fair price. Now we are going to get people belly aching about the cost and the contents of the package. I just wish everyone would stop being so cheap. I see it time and again on this site. If you want to see it, it's going to cost you $125. If you don't want the memorabilia, give it away or toss it in the trash. Good grief.
I think it's a totally fair price and a neat package. That said, I'd rather just pay $40 for a DVD of it. I don't really need the extras, but they are nice.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
And you can record it for free off YouTube😉
I really don't need any more clutter in my house. I gave up collecting for the most part a couple years ago. Honestly though, I hope he sells the whole lot. He deserves to get paid for his accomplishment. If in the future the collector packages sell out and they offer just a DVD, or digital download, I'd gladly purchase.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Jason Shaw don't put the run up on YouTube himself, and go for all the advertising dollars he can generate, someone else will, guaranteed! Copyright laws won't protect it from someone posting it because it's already been broadcast for free in the public domain on FB.
Glen he might make $13 from YouTube ad revenue, possibly less.

They don’t pay much until you start getting 500k views per video on a regular basis your living in poverty. My step son made a few $100k on YT and I saw the analytics and checks he cashed.

It’s easier to earn a living playing pool than it is being a content creator on YT.

And one video ain’t gonna pay shit.

Shaw is doing it the right way to squeeze it for the maximum. I’m happy he’s making something for his effort.