Shaw 714 DVD

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better pack away a DVD player with it.
Doesn’t really matter with collectibles. If the record stands for 50 years and an original unopened copy is worth something they wouldn’t be buying it to view it. You wouldn’t buy a Buska to make it your playing cue

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why are you quoting me? I am not picking anything apart. Your tournament, you invite whoever you want. I am ok with this.

I was just adressing some guy not able to use google:

since he thought he did find a SVB World Title Win while accusing RKC of making a mistake. While you were using non-sanction tournaments wins by Dragon Promotions as an argument for not inviting Schmidt.

I also agree, that US Open title is at least as difficult or prestigious, as winning a World Championship. (John Schmidt has won the US Open also, so this makes him a true champion). But you don't like his attitude so you won't invite him to your tournament.

When Putin is invading other countries, he doesn't need any arguments to do so. He wants so and he has the power to do it.
But when he starts to provide stupid arguments for doing so, people can check this arguments for validity and point out the ones that make no sense. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings pointing out some non-sense arguments from you.
I look forward to your argument with Putin.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I bought a copy but I’ll never view it, I won’t even open the package. I’ll watch what I can online or someone else’s copy.

I’ll just put it in a safe location with a lot of other collectible stuff I’ve acquired in life and turn over to the kids when I’m gone. Maybe in 50 years some of the stuff will be worth something
Maybe..But DVD's degrade, so do plastic covers etc. Another sad fact of life is that stuff that is specifically made to be collectible almost never is. Collect whatever you want, man, everyone values different things. If you want to have data last, magnetic media might be a better choice than optical and storage will be crucial either way.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB was voted in unanimously 5-0 by the Legends Committee and he also has a positive attitude and has never bashed The Legends event ot me personally unlike Schmidt.
Damn people always trying to pick things apart. We have been through this many times. All you negative people know this has been gone through many times and continue to knock the dust off of this subject. Simply put go start your own event and run it as you see fit and we will run our event as we want. Do yourselfs a favor and don't watch and follow the Legends events and postings. If that is to hard to do than just list your name here and we will be glad to just ban you to help you out.
Sinatra had a marvelously concise and assertive 6-word reaction when business people or reporters smugly tried to advise him or criticize him:

"You do you . . . and I'll do me."

Arnaldo

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB was voted in unanimously 5-0 by the Legends Committee and he also has a positive attitude and has never bashed The Legends event ot me personally unlike Schmidt.
Damn people always trying to pick things apart. We have been through this many times. All you negative people know this has been gone through many times and continue to knock the dust off of this subject. Simply put go start your own event and run it as you see fit and we will run our event as we want. Do yourselfs a favor and don't watch and follow the Legends events and postings. If that is to hard to do than just list your name here and we will be glad to just ban you to help you out.
That positive attitude, er....kissing Bobby's ass....seems to be the make or break.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just in....they're taking Derek Jeter off the all-time hits leader list because he didn't have a positive attitude on some of his at bats.

And, they're disqualifying Alonso from the Home Run Derby because he hadn't kissed the ass of the organizer.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Doesn’t really matter with collectibles. If the record stands for 50 years and an original unopened copy is worth something they wouldn’t be buying it to view it. You wouldn’t buy a Buska to make it your playing cue
I have two and I often play with them. My comment while amusing was valid. I used to have an 8 track player in my car, I don't any more. My 30 year old truck has a cassette player. Except maybe at a garage sale I would not know where to get one.

He is giving you a signed piece of cloth. He should probably just sign the DVD. Someone also said they are putting it out in digital form or what ever they call that. What they have sold you they may have already ruined it's value. I would check with them right away and see what you are getting if they have already done an upgrade.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
OK OK OK
I love pool and all of you can say what you like, this is absolutely absurd! $125 for a DVD, no matter what the content is is lunacy!
I guarantee all of you that it will make it's way to the net at some point, it was recorded live on the crack and cuts i've already seen on the tube.
JUST SAY NO KIDS!
The cloth piece is taking up half the price. If kept together and having provenance it imop def has good collectibility. Some working stiff with dreams Especially in the future will think holy shit I have to have that chunk of cloth from shaws 714.

They sold off the prices of marsh field high school track in coos bay Oregon where Steve prefontaine ran…

Baseball players and pool players had small cards in packs of tobacco….

They sell pieces of jersey or bay splinters etc stuck to sports cards that had significance….

It’s a nft, memorabilia…how much would one of us give to have a corner pocket in a glass case…lol to prove its gaffing hahaha

How much would one of us give to have had a chunk of mosconis run cloth….and again good lord how much would a pocket being in existence go for? None of us care about the table only the pockets.

So again I’ll say that the memorabilia accounts for half the price. But regardless I hope the price of the video is high and when he runs out of cloth it’s still 125$ and comes with a picture but he video chats with you for 10 minutes.

So no one that buys it is gonna slap it on the internet peer to peer Nitwork.

And it becomes like the all time king of pool item nittery…it begins “ it’s not worth it to me don’t understand why it’s so expensive but I want the information I hear it’s the best!

Then these two questions

Does anyone have a link to download winning one pocket or SMS?”

Answer: No

And an even better one

“Hey bro can you copy the one you have and send it to me…I’ll throw you 20$”

Your nit shineth through good sir, again I say NO!

Pussy…pardon my French is everywhere by no means rare, doesn’t only happen one time and it’s expensive.

Buy the dvd, Toss the cloth and photo to a jr player with nary a penny in their pocket and dreams in their head, matter of fact give the kid the dvd too, don’t even watch it…it isn’t worth it but it’s for charity sooo… cast the nitty demons out your soul my brother! 😂

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hear, hear.
That match demonstrates the old school 14.1 Continuous to a ‘T’.
Makes one wonder why no one has managed to hone in on the old school know-how.
Greenleaf played old school, won 20 titles.
Mosconi played old school, won 20 titles.
Miss two or three shots per game and either of them would get out on you.
Todays’ best only average about 28-36 balls per inning.
The old school players averaged around 65-75 balls per inning.
We understand what you meant but Mosconi still owns the high run tourney grand average at 18.34 bpi on a 9’.

His career tourney bpi I believe is the range of 14.

Which seems wild…but often I think the majority is forgetting completely about safeties and it’s major effect on a avg/grand avg.

Because today no one plays the game in competition it’s almost always against the ghost in practice….when an issue arises a handful of turns for each player will be similar to tiking a blocked ball in one pocket….keeping the layout advantage to make a ball at zero just like you found it…..

So one could find their at home practice average to be quite high….only to be extremely reduced in competition overall ….and have not one real inside look as to how dominating the performance was.

It’s just a bad metric it would be better if grand average had the grand average of successful safeties accomplished along side of it….which I’ve never heard anyone mention….ever….just food for thought…and neat food would it be 😬

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When somebody has to feel like they need to keep defending themselves, they must feel like there's something to defend.
I know you're not a lady but as Shakespeare said,
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"

lol, that "lady" reference will get you busted on a different pool site.

Lou Figueroa

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cloth piece is taking up half the price. If kept together and having provenance it imop def has good collectibility. Some working stiff with dreams Especially in the future will think holy shit I have to have that chunk of cloth from shaws 714.

They sold off the prices of marsh field high school track in coos bay Oregon where Steve prefontaine ran…

Baseball players and pool players had small cards in packs of tobacco….

They sell pieces of jersey or bay splinters etc stuck to sports cards that had significance….

It’s a nft, memorabilia…how much would one of us give to have a corner pocket in a glass case…lol to prove its gaffing hahaha

How much would one of us give to have had a chunk of mosconis run cloth….and again good lord how much would a pocket being in existence go for? None of us care about the table only the pockets.

So again I’ll say that the memorabilia accounts for half the price. But regardless I hope the price of the video is high and when he runs out of cloth it’s still 125$ and comes with a picture but he video chats with you for 10 minutes.

So no one that buys it is gonna slap it on the internet peer to peer Nitwork.

And it becomes like the all time king of pool item nittery…it begins “ it’s not worth it to me don’t understand why it’s so expensive but I want the information I hear it’s the best!

Then these two questions

Does anyone have a link to download winning one pocket or SMS?”

Answer: No

And an even better one

“Hey bro can you copy the one you have and send it to me…I’ll throw you 20$”

Your nit shineth through good sir, again I say NO!

Pussy…pardon my French is everywhere by no means rare, doesn’t only happen one time and it’s expensive.

Buy the dvd, Toss the cloth and photo to a jr player with nary a penny in their pocket and dreams in their head, matter of fact give the kid the dvd too, don’t even watch it…it isn’t worth it but it’s for charity sooo… cast the nitty demons out your soul my brother! 😂
What a sad attempt at being a poetic story teller. You should apply at CNN or ESPN even, that might be an improvement...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Until someone shoots 715

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Until someone shoots 715

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Probably not going to happen, it took John about 2 months of trying to get 626 and Jayson about a week but there is
so much that can go wrong I am not sure it will be beat anytime soon. JMOI

middleofnowhere

Registered
Probably not going to happen, it took John about 2 months of trying to get 626 and Jayson about a week but there is
so much that can go wrong I am not sure it will be beat anytime soon. JMOI
Probably never on a more legit table. I watched the match last night with Sigel vs Earl. Earl ran 97 and it was tough. That table was I would say was standard tough, an honest table. No one is running 4 or 5 hundred balls on that table.