Shaw 714 DVD

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
What a sad attempt at being a poetic story teller. You should apply at CNN or ESPN even, that might be an improvement...
Nice try making your opinion anything more than subjective.

10k dollar cues to some are insanity, same as 5$ coffee…but people sure do buy them.

No one cares if you personally disapprove of the cost of anything because there are plenty that will.

Money is spent on much more frivolous things all the time.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
All participants used the permarack. Everyone was getting wide-open spreads.
Actually sorry Incorrect…i should have went double check first myself … went check and here’s screenshots of earls vs Jason sessions.

I knew I had heard that mentioned

Attachments

• BC25F831-F88F-4510-9C12-A6EE4E742B70.jpeg
    BC25F831-F88F-4510-9C12-A6EE4E742B70.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 73
  • FCB5F351-E289-4BA6-9B02-C22E3C17CD11.jpeg
    FCB5F351-E289-4BA6-9B02-C22E3C17CD11.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 74

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually sorry Incorrect…i should have went double check first myself … went check and here’s screenshots of earls vs Jason sessions.

I knew I had heard that mentioned
Shane's attempt:
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 10.59.23 AM.png

Ruslan's attempt:
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.01.49 AM.png

Bobby placing the balls in the template during Earl's attempt. If you watch the video, there is clearly no rack being used.
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.01.22 AM.png

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Permarack or the Outsville template makes no difference. They both do the same thing: Template applied to the table to provide a tight rack with all balls touching. I use something similar, The Slug Doctor.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's comical. I'll say it again: The dude ran SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN BALLS. We cold setup a table with 7" gaff pockets and none of us would come close to half that. Give it a rest already. Buy the video or don't. But can we all agree it was an amazing accomplishment? Some of you need to put away your inner Harriman and move on.
You’re right about how amazing his run was. The dude is unreal. I might take that bet with 7” pockets though. I may not come close, but I’d throw some money at it.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez, it likely took me longer to read all the posts in this thread than for him to run the 714.
I am disturbed a bit by the use of the template rack, though I WOULD also pay just to see that many balls run. What hasn’t been mentioned, is that the strongest interest would likely be to merely RENT the DVD. Or, buying sure, but for eventual resale on eBay. (Anyone got delivery yet?) It’s the kind of thing IMHO many will want to watch (again, hard to believe 52 no miss/hook/scratch/etc.), but not necessarily own. Those too cheap (or uninterested in the package frills) to blow $125, might easily spend $30 to just watch it a couple times, then mail it back to reclaim their deposit. Similar value loss selling used (?).

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Permarack or the Outsville template makes no difference. They both do the same thing: Template applied to the table to provide a tight rack with all balls touching. I use something similar, The Slug Doctor.

Besides ensuring a tight rack the other things is that it makes sure the rack is alway straight -- some players, whether intentionally or not, have a tendency to ocassionally twist the rack or set it a tad high or low.

We wanted to make sure that didn't happen.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides ensuring a tight rack the other things is that it makes sure the rack is alway straight -- some players, whether intentionally or not, have a tendency to ocassionally twist the rack or set it a tad high or low.

Lou Figueroa
Good call out, Lou.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
This is exactly true. There is zero chance of the balls being racked offset or high or low to gain any advantage. 100% full proof for sure.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's comical. I'll say it again: The dude ran SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN BALLS. We cold setup a table with 7" gaff pockets and none of us would come close to half that. Give it a rest already. Buy the video or don't. But can we all agree it was an amazing accomplishment? Some of you need to put away your inner Harriman and move on.
That was my point in a post some time back

What is the easiest pocket template/size there is for a 9’ table?

Nobody knows. All the experts just don’t know. They just bitch and moan this table was too easy. What’s easier? Funny nobody answers that question with their infitate wisdom. I can’t spell-they can’t tell!

Prove it. Get a box and a player and run more balls.

So Shaws record is as good as any record!!!!

If it’s so easy and it’s the table-go beat it. Good luck with that.

Record is Fatboy Approved “platinum level”

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Expert? Experts? Bitchers/moaners, most of who(m) post here, can’t/don’t even play the game of 14.1. They just want to dominate the conversation.
List of what’s in their pouches/bags demonstrates their experience.
I can play off the wall, never needed a bag.
But, in my pocket, I always carry a small tape measure.
Before I shoot one ball into any pocket, I measure the mouth of the corner pockets.
I determine the precision level required to play at the top of my game on that particular table and then adjust to the level of play of my opponent, not the table.
Good to hear from the Chief bitcher moaner expert from the Schmidt thread.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk