Shaw vs SVB updates

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG, According to this post, Shaw leads 40-21 after Day 1. That is shocking huge 19 rack lead , almost doubling SVB score. :LOL:
shaw 40-21.JPG

8intheside

I watched the match briefly,and Shane doesn’t seem to be in stroke and his break is off.

Last edited:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I see, BORING. SVB has drummed Shaw so many times, if they are going to keep this going, Shaw has to win at least once now that Dennis can't come to the US.
I'm in no way saying that SVB is letting him win, slow y'all roll...LOLOL. The final day should be interesting, especially if Shaw has a 40+ game lead...

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stopped watching about halfway through day 1. Shane looked good right out of the gate, like he usually does, running the first two racks. Then on rack three he badly missed an easy, open 9 ball and it was all downhill from there. I've never seen SVB look so bad. He missed I don't now how many balls, and when he made a ball he'd often miss position. He was scratching almost every other rack, it seemed. He had ball in hand and hooked himself at one point, on a short-range positional shot.

He came back to within 5 or 6 or so then Jayson started pulling away again (I think 25-17) and then I turned it off. Seems he didn't turn it around. But today is a new day. Hopefully he's prepared.

No confirmed word on the table conditions, other than the cloth is more broken in than at the Open. I'm wondering if Shane's still just in decompress mode. Both players seemed quite informal in approach compared to last week, particularly SVB, who almost seemed in posture and approach like he was just hanging out and shooting with his buddies.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Shane played pretty bad in the beginning. They both were making mistakes that were very uncharacteristic for both of them, but Shane more so.

But if SVB gets the break going and settles down, a 20 game lead going to 120 playing winner break 9 ball isn't exactly a death sentence for him.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is a big lead, but 120 is a long race. iirc chang had a similar lead and lost
I think it was smaller lead. I think most 1st day big leads in those long matches not more than 15.

From what I see, BORING. SVB has drummed Shaw so many times, if they are going to keep this going, Shaw has to win at least once now that Dennis can't come to the US.
I'm in no way saying that SVB is letting him win, slow y'all roll...LOLOL. The final day should be interesting, especially if Shaw has a 40+ game lead...
Shaw lost by less than 10 racks in previous 2 long race to 100 matches. That is like hill hill in race to 10.
If Shaw gets to 40+ lead that would be huge.
The player leading on Day 1 in such even lonnnnngg races rarely end up losing. Aranas led Filler 33-27 on Day 1 but Filler ended up winning 100-72 (a turnaround of 34 racks b Filler from -6 down to +28 racks). But then Aranas is not even match with Filler
Day2 would be key. If SVB cannot win Day 2 or make up some ground, Day 3 would be blowout as tendency to give up mode increases near finish line. I think a win by around 40 racks would be biggest victory margin in these lonnnng races:LOL:

sh11.JPG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chatter is they both split the PPV fees. Not sure if it is really 50:50 cos I tot more common that both players + streamer split 3 ways so 1/3 each
Number bandied about is 600 subscribers Day 1 @$40 =$24K
Day 2 should have some more subscribers @$30
Final Day 3 maybe some more depending on whether it is close and SVB catch up
Subscription fees could be at least $30K
If split 2 ways, each players gets at least $15K and 3 ways each player gets at least $10K .
That is not bad payday for 3 days work in pool terms :LOL:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I stopped watching about halfway through day 1. Shane looked good right out of the gate, like he usually does, running the first two racks. Then on rack three he badly missed an easy, open 9 ball and it was all downhill from there. I've never seen SVB look so bad. He missed I don't now how many balls, and when he made a ball he'd often miss position. He was scratching almost every other rack, it seemed. He had ball in hand and hooked himself at one point, on a short-range positional shot.

He came back to within 5 or 6 or so then Jayson started pulling away again (I think 25-17) and then I turned it off. Seems he didn't turn it around. But today is a new day. Hopefully he's prepared.

No confirmed word on the table conditions, other than the cloth is more broken in than at the Open. I'm wondering if Shane's still just in decompress mode. Both players seemed quite informal in approach compared to last week, particularly SVB, who almost seemed in posture and approach like he was just hanging out and shooting with his buddies.
This is a good summary. Shane took it from deficits of 11 games at 17-6 and 21-10 to just 5 games at 25-20. But Shane won only 1 more game after that, with Shaw posting a 2-pack and a 6-pack in the last dozen games.

HOWEVER -- I believe they credited Shaw with an extra game during the 58th game, when it went from 36-21 to 38-21. I believe the actual score at this point is 39-21 rather than 40-21. But I guess the score is the players' responsibility, so perhaps it will stay at 40-21.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chatter is they both split the PPV fees. Not sure if it is really 50:50 cos I tot more common that both players + streamer split 3 ways so 1/3 each
Number bandied about is 600 subscribers Day 1 @$40 =$24K
Day 2 should have some more subscribers @$30
Final Day 3 maybe some more depending on whether it is close and SVB catch up
Subscription fees could be at least $30K
If split 2 ways, each players gets at least $15K and 3 ways each player gets at least $10K .
That is not bad payday for 3 days work in pool terms :LOL:

i didn't know it was that kind of PPV money. makes ya think why bother betting.. but that has always been the case with these matches