Shooting pool and the "old lady"

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine, does not care how much I shoot here at home, but going to tournaments is a horse of a different color.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
My wife has gotten use to it by now, but when we first got married she acted like I was spending all me time at the topless clubs. Problem with women they dont have hobbies.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Unless she shoots with you (and even then, most times) you'll get grief. They rarely understand you having any fun without them...plus they always assume there's probably more to "shooting pool" then just "shooting pool".

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife has gotten use to it by now, but when we first got married she acted like I was spending all me time at the topless clubs. Problem with women they dont have hobbies.

You are so correct sir....noooo hobbies!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'm lucky. My wife likes playing, not as much as I do by a long shot but she plays on our team and we do Scotch.

I try and play every night when I don't have a night shift.
If I walk out of the house, case in hand, she knows exactly where I'm going and trusts me 100%.

Now that summer is here, we go for rides together on the Harley. She likes that. She slings one cue case over her shoulder and we stop and play a few
at different bars along the route.

She knows me all to well to try and get me to do anything thats not on my schedule.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play every day when I'm off unless there are some really important issues to take care of, and I don't have a table at the house. She never complains. I have a good wife.:)

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I went through about 27 'wives', all had a problem with me playing pool all day..and poker all night. Finally met one that was managing a pool room, and she stuck with me. She understood that I wasn't out chasing leg, but making grocery money.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my old lady is rarin to go when we go play on our 3 teams together. :)

i have got a few you play too much pool comments when i go to play on 1 of my other 2 teams though. aint stopped me from going yet.

wendyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
playing pool to much?

hey it works both ways, my honey doesnt like pool as much as I do, to me its like a medicine I need to have, He can take it or leave it, so sometimes it can be a problem when I go out to to practice solo, but dont ask me to choose, and he doesnt,
so its not always the women who dont understand the draw of the table..
its hard to be committed to more than one love..
wendyb
pool does it for me

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
The look, the comment, she's your wife, not your mother....

It's all about spending some quality time doing what she wants to do. Women who feel neglected or unimportant, get moody, insecure and suspicious.

If you're always in a hurry to go somewhere else, the impression is left that you don't want to be where you are.

None of you need permission to do anything. What you need to do is be aware of her feelings and take the time to make her know she's vital to your well being and happiness.

:cool:

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
Every girl I've ever been serious about has had a problem with pool. I don't think it will ever change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
My misses encourages me to go and shoot. It gives her personal time and it gives me personal time. Everyone needs time to do their own things, it recharges the batteries.

But, I'm not one of those players that goes to a pool hall and plays for 4,5, or 6 hours either. I go for 1 or 2. I can't play for many hours. I think that would be rude to her if I didn't arrange it a little in advance.

R,

Greg

lortee

My hobby is pool.I'm sure if i had a husband who
didn't play I 'd be getting grief all the time..I'm
lucky to have 2 teammates on my ladies teams
that are able to compete freely..we've been searching
for a 4th to fit in for a few years now.
.man I wish we had as many women to choose
from as the men do!

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I think it depends on how much you like to play. If you in the sport to do more than just get drunk, and you really enjoy it, then I think any good partner in life understands that. If she can't appreciate what your doing, you need to re-explain what it is your doing.

My girl isn't always thrilled, but i practice at home more, and play the tourny's when time permits. She's know's I work hard to maintain a certain level of play, and she is happy for me when I play well.

If your ditching out on responsibilities like, kids, work, chores around the house that need to get done, etc. you will never get the acceptance you're looking for from you "old lady."

hope this helps,

Justin