Shot Pad

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have an iDevice you might be interested in two apps, each called, "Shot Pad". One has some practice patterns, and the other allows you to diagram shots, like this:

fmimg1524391282983112529.jpg

As I post this, they are free, so head on over to the store.

Andrewjoseph

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they also sell shot pads that are actually pads. but each page has a table lay out and a note field and a cue ball to indicate english. but the app looks way better.

tableskills

Registered
Shot Pad - Update

hey guys,

Thanks for discussing this. I want to start updating the app now that I have the basic structure down. I think this could be a great mobile tool.

Wei's Cuetable is definitely the best web based tool, and I am not trying to replace it. My goal is to make it easier for people to quickly take notes of shots.

Currently it is available on Android devices through the Google Play store and also on the iTunes store for the iPad.

My next steps based on recent feedback are:
1. Add all 15 balls to be dragged onto the table.
2. Ability to erase specific lines and not the whole board.
3. Make it for the iPhone
4. Make it for the Kindle

best,
Robert

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys,

Thanks for discussing this. I want to start updating the app now that I have the basic structure down. I think this could be a great mobile tool.

Wei's Cuetable is definitely the best web based tool, and I am not trying to replace it. My goal is to make it easier for people to quickly take notes of shots.

Currently it is available on Android devices through the Google Play store and also on the iTunes store for the iPad.

best,
Robert

Awesome, thanks for the efforts.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing that may be nice is to take a picture of a shot or layout in question.

Then, the picture would be converted by the software to a white background, and the correct 90 degree table angles, even given the perspective the picture was taken at. (See "Genious Scan" iphone app that already does this).

Now, at this stage, its easier to notate the shot, and you don't have to actually diagram the shot, just shoot it with your iPhone camera.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey,

I just downloaded it for the iPhone, i hope its the same one. if not the name is being used by someone else.

as of right now, there is only 9 or so practice drills. is this app going to more interactive so we can set up table layouts and such ? maybe even make it so you can post your layouts on facebook, twitter AZ Billiards forums and Inside Pool Forums, etc etc ?

Thanks, app looks pretty cool so far

-Steve

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey,

I just downloaded it for the iPhone, i hope its the same one. if not the name is being used by someone else.

as of right now, there is only 9 or so practice drills. is this app going to more interactive so we can set up table layouts and such ? maybe even make it so you can post your layouts on facebook, twitter AZ Billiards forums and Inside Pool Forums, etc etc ?

Thanks, app looks pretty cool so far

-Steve

I downloaded the iPhone one too. The one in the first post is just for the iPad, according to the iTunes store accessed from my computer (not iPhone). Both programs are by the same author. I have no affiliation, just relaying the public information listed on the iTunes store.

Best.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Just downloaded it. Looks cool.

It would be nice to have a feature to load your score after completing each drill. It could keep your high score with the date and then also your running average.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Well, I'll be damned. I always thought that a 'shot pad' was one of those little napkins where you set your Quervo. :smile:

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I didn't find an app that had drills in it... (for the android) but I did find the diagramming tool. :) I can save the layout to my phone (which then makes it easy to post to twitter/facebook/email).

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I downloaded the app for my Wife's tablet and it works awesome.

one thing i would work on is making the balls a little smaller and make it so you can use a full set of balls, for us 14.1 players.

maybe have a rack feature so it will rack for you whatever desired type of game you were setting a diagram for. another 14.1 feature. lol (full rack -1 ball for the BB)

i guess the drills are only on the iPhone because the screen is much smaller and not alot of room for diagramming with ease.

Steve

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just downloaded it. Looks cool.

It would be nice to have a feature to load your score after completing each drill. It could keep your high score with the date and then also your running average.

downloaded it as well.

I agree with fathomblue. A stats section would be nice while keeping a running average or attempts to complete each drill. Also, maybe allow people to log in through facebook or something and upload their own drills or challenges.

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Downloaded for Android and there are no drills for me as well. Has anybody downloaded it for Android with drills?

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it, the enhancements you state below (1, 2 and 3 - don't care about Kindle) are pretty much my thoughts as well. Very nice app, good work!

hey guys,

best,
Robert

tableskills

Registered
Need to make app on all devices similar

Sorry for all the confusion. I built an iPhone app about 3 years ago. It was very basic since I was just learning how to build mobile apps. So the version people are mentioning with the drills is the original.

A few months ago I started to work on an interactive one. I tried to put a lot of features on the screen, and it didn't look good on the iPhone so I just released it for the iPad. But I will finish up an interactive iPhone version this week! :)

The Android app works on both phones and tablets, and it is interactive. Unfortunately I've been building them separately so they all look different. lol. My bad on that. So another thing I'm working on now is making them all look and act the same. Less confusion and easier to make updates to all platforms at the same time.

Thanks for all your feedback. My goal is to have 1,000 people download the app by the end of the year. Today I hit 45!

And I plan to always keep it FREE ;)

best,
Robert

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add one more download. Keep developing!

Kudos to you for keeping it free!!

Thanks!

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
No drills on my android tablet either but that's fine. I would like to see the spot, diamonds, and a ghost rack. Thanks for the app though, it's a great tool.