Should Earl be ejected given the "evidence"

Based on the new "Video", should Earl be ejected?

• Total voters

sharkster

ADD Oh look a chicken
Silver Member
Why does everyone refuse to acknowledge that it was called a foul earlier in the match. Setting precedence. Jason's being called unsportsmanlike because he called the same thing? I'm confused, he should have just said rule or not I'm going to let it go this time? Yeah that's a real a hole move to be consistent.
Why does that not matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does everyone refuse to acknowledge that it was called a foul earlier in the match. Setting precedence. Jason's being called unsportsmanlike because he called the same thing? I'm confused, he should have just said rule or not I'm going to let it go this time? Yeah that's a real a hole move to be consistent.

You're 100% right! We SHOUTCAST be talking about the refund blowing the earlier call.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No one is refusing to acknowledge that it was called earlier. But, let's look at that call. The shot was a combination shot. What does the rule say about combination shots? It states that they have to be called because they are not obvious.

So, the earlier call has nothing to do with the latter call. As far as setting precedence, that really doesn't even make any sense. As stated, you had a different kind of shot, and, there is a clear set of rules to follow. There is no making stuff up as you go along, and setting precedence just because someone called it earlier a different way in your mind.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm not acknowledging that the earlier shot was called a foul. And there certainly was no foul in this shot. Can you acknowledge that there was no foul on this shot?

Freddie <~~~ people need a rule book

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
No one is refusing to acknowledge that it was called earlier. But, let's look at that call. The shot was a combination shot. What does the rule say about combination shots? It states that they have to be called because they are not obvious.

So, the earlier call has nothing to do with the latter call. As far as setting precedence, that really doesn't even make any sense. As stated, you had a different kind of shot, and, there is a clear set of rules to follow. There is no making stuff up as you go along, and setting precedence just because someone called it earlier a different way in your mind.

Again,

Neil what rules are you using?????

WPA rules?

BCA rules?

or

Charlie Williams rules?

to make the above statements in red! Given, the previous decision and announcements at the players meeting regarding rules. Why, pretend BCA or WPA rules apply to Charlie Williams event when he stated otherwise??????

KD

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I'm not acknowledging that the earlier shot was called a foul. And there certainly was no foul in this shot. Can you acknowledge that there was no foul on this shot?

Freddie <~~~ people need a rule book

No one is calling the earlier shot a "foul" it is considered a loss of inning for failure to pocket the designated ball.

Why people on here are playing word games and semantics with the word foul is beyond me?

KD

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one is calling the earlier shot a "foul" it is considered a loss of inning for failure to pocket the designated ball.

Why people on here are playing word games and semantics with the word foul is beyond me?

KD

Nobody except the guy I quoted. Please stay calm.

sharkster

ADD Oh look a chicken
Silver Member
Foul loss of turn either way how is it different from the earlier incidence? Word games matter none. Call it what you want to call it. It's a called shot. It's semantics sure. Still the same "insert your description" thing both times. Only the other time was ok to call, but not the second time. Now you can't change midstream, or why bother with the rule.

sharkster

ADD Oh look a chicken
Silver Member
I'm not trying to have a pissing match. Didn't say it was right or wrong. My point is that Shaw is a monster in people's eyes because he followed rules.
My only point. Not taking a rule side, just a common sense observation that's getting overlooked.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Real answer is because it was a bullshit call the first time and a bullshit call the second time and it's a bullshit rule and a chicken shit way to win, period. That's why Jayson's sportsmanship manhood is coming into question. He's looking for a cheap victory.

Politically correct answer is perhaps the circumstances and "proof" of what the ref saw and heard was different first shot vs second shot.

No one is talking about why the first shot was called in the first place.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real answer is because it was a bullshit call the first time and a bullshit call the second time and it's a bullshit rule and a chicken shit way to win, period. That's why Jayson's sportsmanship manhood is coming into question. He's looking for a cheap victory.

Politically correct answer is perhaps the circumstances and "proof" of what the ref saw and heard was different first shot vs second shot.

:thumbup:

Called the first time because Earl let it go when it should of been still Earl's shot.

Cheap way to try to win by Mr. Shaw. Meucci needs to dump him for his actions.

Go USA!!!!!!!

:D:D

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

All the blame resides with "whoever" made the rules for this tournament. Not with the gentleman trying desperately to play by the "Rules".

Want to vilify someone then vilify the correct person!!!

KD

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Foul loss of turn either way how is it different from the earlier incidence? Word games matter none. Call it what you want to call it. It's a called shot. It's semantics sure. Still the same "insert your description" thing both times. Only the other time was ok to call, but not the second time. Now you can't change midstream, or why bother with the rule.

Are you saying I should have understood your intent when you said, "foul" when you really meant, "loss of turn."

I understood your intent. It was obvious what you meant. No need to nit pick what you meant versus what you said. It wasn't semantics; you 100% said the wrong thing. But I understand your intent, as everyone else did. You simply said the wrong word. We have no issue letting it go. No harm. No foul.

Freddie <~~~ per the rules of life

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Yes, Charlie Williams is a tool bag, Earl pointed to the correct pocket, Earl called the wrong ball, but it was obvious which ball and pocket he was going for and Jayson lurched up and made a chicken shit call looking for a cheap way win and acted like a poor sport after the decision.

I'm not a 14.1 rules expert but many people here say certain so called "fouls" should be left uncalled especially when it's obvious as was in this case.

Also, the voting in your pole should speak for itself. Sorry if you don't like the results..

All the blame resides with "whoever" made the rules for this tournament. Not with the gentleman trying desperately to play by the "Rules".

Want to vilify someone then vilify the correct person!!!

KD

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
BTW, I'm going to keep calling it a foul because everyone knows WTF I mean.

Some of your people are too uptight

<-----I'm with Freddie

sharkster

ADD Oh look a chicken
Silver Member
No worries mate. I'm not going to get spun up from someone disagreeing with me. Appreciate the response

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Yes, Charlie Williams is a tool bag, Earl pointed to the correct pocket, Earl called the wrong ball, but it was obvious which ball and pocket he was going for and Jayson lurched up and made a chicken shit call looking for a cheap way win and acted like a poor sport after the decision.

I'm not a 14.1 rules expert but many people here say certain so called "fouls" should be left uncalled especially when it's obvious as was in this case.

Also, the voting in your pole should speak for itself. Sorry if you don't like the results..

there are 2 results!

One from the referee with the limited info available.

and

One after having full disclosure regarding what happened and statements made, ruled on by officials by their inaction.

Regarding public opinion, i was curious how many people here viewed the situation. I am a strong believer in the "rule of law" and rules can be good and bad. But, rules are always the motivation behind the actions of the participants. Don't like the rules then don't play! But, the hypocrisy of the 2 rulings and the failure to make the call by the referee, failure to make the call by the head referee & failure for tournament officials to "Man UP" and make a public statement regarding the "Lie" and "referee mistakes" speaks volumes. They would rather keep Jayson twisting in the wind as the "villain" in this situation.

Public opinion indicates rules mean nothing and Lying to a referee is "not' unsportsman like. Hope all the players are taking notes.

it was a golden opportunity to set the tone for the sport regarding behavior and sportsmanship lost to the sport.

KD

Last edited:

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would venture to guess that Earl's favor would be American votes, and all the European AzB-ers will be voting for Jayson.

I'm American and I hate the guy. I don't care what he's done for pool, it doesn't give him a scholarship to be an obnoxious jerk.