Should we start a petition to change the 5 ball back to orange again?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where can I get a purple 4 ball Jersey?
I’m working on that. Probably not in time for Mcup, but I have an idea. A non-profit idea. The profits will go into youth pool somehow. Open books. There will be some costs of doing biz but after costs are covered the net profit will be put to use for youth pool. I need to dig deeper and see what I need to do to set up a biz.

I need ideas, design, from anyone interested

I can source product easy enough

I need a landing page and store, other distribution I can work out. Retail, wholesale.

Forming the entity, branding, accounting, merchant processing, taxes etc I can handle easy enough.

There’s lots of moving parts, the biz end of this is a hanger for me. Design, ideas, spelling, internet or anything that’s not math or biz I need help with as those are my weak points.

I don’t need any $ to start this either. So no phony capital raise pitch.

It comes down to my energy level and time. I’m certain the pool community would be behind this idea.

Nothing is set in stone. It’s just words now. However I’m looking into sourcing merch now. That’s easy and I have time. Inventory isn’t a plan, on-demand is the plan as of now. Let me see if it makes sense.

Best
Fatboy😃🧡

The idea is bigger than just the orange 5 ball movement. That’s just a fun idea to get out of the gate with. As other ideas, trends, whatever occur in pool, we’d do merch to keep up with the future as it unfolds. I look at the orange 5 as a point of entry into a biz that could benefit America so maybe in a few years we have a competitive team(not a knock on our guys) but honestly we have a clear problem currently in our pool ranking internationally-the US Open was proof of that. Also to be very clear this isn’t a knock on MR or Emily they are doing great. Think of it as a riverly (I can’t spell) anyways that’s what it is. A friendly thing. We want orange they seem to like purple. 🙄

Can I fix pool? No

Can a collective group of people fix pool? If there’s enough help and interest possibly we can. It’s a long play. Not a instant solution

Last edited:

libtrucker

I’m working on that. Probably not in time for Mcup, but I have an idea. A non-profit idea. The profits will go into youth pool somehow. Open books. There will be some costs of doing biz but after costs are covered the net profit will be put to use for youth pool. I need to dig deeper and see what I need to do to set up a biz.

I need ideas, design, from anyone interested

I can source product easy enough

I need a landing page and store, other distribution I can work out. Retail, wholesale.

Forming the entity, branding, accounting, merchant processing, taxes etc I can handle easy enough.

There’s lots of moving parts, the biz end of this is a hanger for me. Design, ideas, spelling, internet or anything that’s not math or biz I need help with as those are my weak points.

I don’t need any $ to start this either. So no phony capital raise pitch.

It comes down to my energy level and time. I’m certain the pool community would be behind this idea.

Nothing is set in stone. It’s just words now. However I’m looking into sourcing merch now. That’s easy and I have time. Inventory isn’t a plan, on-demand is the plan as of now. Let me see if it makes sense.

Best
Fatboy😃🧡
sew your avatar on a t-shirt. done and done. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny. While making conversation in the tournament audience yesterday, I brought up the screwy ball-color issue, but the guy I was talking to said he didn’t care since he was color blind 😁!

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "Fatboy says the five ball is orange" is step one. Worn at major events, SBE etc. it would be a secret handshake type thing among AZ Billiard inmates. Worn at a APA 8 Ball night no one would have a clue. Thus the building of AZ and increased awareness of pool beyond a bar night.

If the purple five ball jersey had a red circle and diagonal band going across it, it could span international borders in the language of pool.

phreaticus

I haven’t followed all the threads & posts on this, so forgive me if this has already been discussed… but if someone wanted to really push the argument forward with MR on their stupid ball colors, since they are officially WPA sanctioned events, aren’t they technically in violation of WPA’s equipment specs, which do specifically call out the traditional ball colors?

I’ll be a t-shirt customer in any case… ✌️

telinoz

Registered
I haven’t followed all the threads & posts on this, so forgive me if this has already been discussed… but if someone wanted to really push the argument forward with MR on their stupid ball colors, since they are officially WPA sanctioned events, aren’t they technically in violation of WPA’s equipment specs, which do specifically call out the traditional ball colors?

Section 16. is very specific on correct colours:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Well, they are just "Recommended Equipment Specifications." The pockets on the tables they are using now wouldn't meet the specs either. At their discretion, the WPA can waive rules and sanction events using non-complying equipment.

Last edited:

phreaticus

Yea
Well, they are just "Recommended Equipment Specifications." The pockets on the tables they are using now wouldn't meet the specs either. At their discretion, the WPA can waive rules and sanction events using non-complying equipment.
Yeah, good point. MR obviously doesn’t care & WPA obviously isn’t enforcing anything. It was an idea… 😢🤣

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m the wrong guy to start a online petition because I don’t know how to use the interwebs that good.

But I’m a life long pool player and gambler. The “orange crush” is the 5 and the break. Who wants a “grape crush”?

If we get a petition started I’ll deliver it to Karl Boyes of MR as I’ve know him for 15 years. Or at the very least he can point me in the right direction and we can create a voice loud enough to correct this tragic assault on pool as we know it.

I fully support MR and everything they are doing in pool, I believe we all should get behind them and support their effort. They play players, create content, will give rail birds something to bet on.

Everything but purple 5 balls.

It’s a necessary change to restore what little order we had in pool. None of us ever complained about the 5 ball. God knows we have argued everything else into the ground 10X over. But show me one thread about how bad the orange 5 is. We all have common ground the orange 5 was correct. Possibly the only thing in pool that has been correct all these years.

We can start a international movement here, now is our chance.

Thanks
Fatboy<——-making the 5 orange again
Get a life.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea

Yeah, good point. MR obviously doesn’t care & WPA obviously isn’t enforcing anything. It was an idea… 😢🤣

I think the idea is that we do want to give Matchroom enough grief to pressure them away from a purple 5 ball. But here come the cliches. We don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water. We don’t want to bite the hand that feeds us. And we don’t want to look a gift horse in the eye. In other words, we don’t want to execute the nuclear option. We don’t want to threaten their sanctioning status. We don’t want to burn our bridges. We just want to let them know the purple 5 complaints will never go away until the purple 5 does.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the idea is that we do want to give Matchroom enough grief to pressure them away from a purple 5 ball. But here come the cliches. We don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water. We don’t want to bite the hand that feeds us. And we don’t want to look a gift horse in the eye. In other words, we don’t want to execute the nuclear option. We don’t want to threaten their sanctioning status. We don’t want to burn our bridges. We just want to let them know the purple 5 complaints will never go away until the purple 5 does.
My official position:

I’m behind MR and Emily 100%.

I can’t stand the purple 5. Many people share that opinion.

In good fun I’ve created a us vs. them thing, which I do hope they do respond to and eventually correct it.

If they don’t I hope they MR and their staff know it’s not a knock or mean spirited and I only want the best for pool players, fans and the biz people behind pool.

If the anti purple 5 rivalry stays fun and does no harm then it’s cool. I wil not stand behind anything harming biz, pool, players or fans.

So while I’m serious about the change. I will not do it at anyone’s expense(except my own)

That’s how I feel and hope that the people who support the change feel the same. And for those who like purple 4 balls-I hope too they are going to be cool.

This is a rivalry in good spirit from both opinions.

That’s my official position

Best
Fatboy <———-self proclaimed leader of the international fix the 5 association 🧡🧡🧡

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think anyone would want to look a gift horse in the eye.

soyale

1667021111600.png

phreaticus

My official position:

I’m behind MR and Emily 100%.

I can’t stand the purple 5. Many people share that opinion.

In good fun I’ve created a us vs. them thing, which I do hope they do respond to and eventually correct it.

If they don’t I hope they MR and their staff know it’s not a knock or mean spirited and I only want the best for pool players, fans and the biz people behind pool.

If the anti purple 5 rivalry stays fun and does no harm then it’s cool. I wil not stand behind anything harming biz, pool, players or fans.

So while I’m serious about the change. I will not do it at anyone’s expense(except my own)

That’s how I feel and hope that the people who support the change feel the same. And for those who like purple 4 balls-I hope too they are going to be cool.

This is a rivalry in good spirit from both opinions.

That’s my official position

Best
Fatboy <———-self proclaimed leader of the international fix the 5 association 🧡🧡🧡
Very diplomatic, you should run for office!