>>>> Show us your Fellini Cases <<<<

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Nice Post....

Absolutely.

It's amazing how true that is. There are obviously other cases of this genre that are of equal quality and even more rare, yet they don't carry quite the same iconic status.

I myself am very fascinated with these cases.

Why? How?

I think that one of the things that has helped the Fellini cases gain their status is the cues that they held. Fellini cases have famously held many of the best and iconic cues out there. When such cues "turn up" they are often in a Fellini case. Even more than that, we know that these were often "real players", which gives them a kind of "mystique" as we associate them with many great matches, great action, road players, and simply great pool.

Right now, sitting in the closets of old players all over the country are cues like JOSS, JW, Scruggs, Spain, Gina, etc, and even a Bushka or two that haven't been touched in years, maybe decades. The cues have dark shafts, likely with ivory ferrules. They are wrapped with Cortland or masterfully finished leather. The finish is likely thin and maybe yellowed. They were made by the hands of masters and played a lot of great pool in old school pool halls...many of which are gone. You can picture them. You're hoping you will be the one to find the next one. Even just holding one is a thrill. And you know that you are picturing them all in Fellini cases.

Nice post....thanks.

WillProut. :thumbup:

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The JW and Fellini were purchased new in 1978. Both are still in good shape.

Scott

Attachments

• josswest 78 full 3sm.jpg
    josswest 78 full 3sm.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 967

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep 'em coming...

Here's a pic of one I sold a few years back. Was a really cool old case...I deemed it the 'road warrior'. If only it could tell some stories. :)

Attachments

• case1.JPG
    case1.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 859
  • case6.JPG
    case6.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 848
  • case4.JPG
    case4.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 847
  • case2.JPG
    case2.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 908

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hard to forget Janett

One of my all time favs. Leather tooling and painting by Ann Gore!
Nick :)

Attachments

• cues%20001.jpg
    cues%20001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 882

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a super example, Nick.

How about some more, folks. I know there are some other gems out there.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Fellini

I just have this ugly brown one.

Attachments

• fellini 1.jpg
    fellini 1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,047
  • fellini.jpg
    fellini.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,005

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Old and Beautiful

JimmyCue: since you don't want it I will take it off your hands;). The old cases are the way to go. I have some old Ron Thomas but the workmanship on these is just great leatherwork. I hate this new baseball bag full of cues that holds a locker full of cues that you seen now. 2X4 at most. j/b and player.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JimmyCue: since you don't want it I will take it off your hands;). The old cases are the way to go. I have some old Ron Thomas but the workmanship on these is just great leatherwork. I hate this new baseball bag full of cues that holds a locker full of cues that you seen now. 2X4 at most. j/b and player.
Never said i didnt want it, just that it is sorta ugly.LOL