Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

MurrayNevada

AND she let him put a diamond table in the living room, definitely a keeper
I had to compromise. Compromising is why I am married for 50-years. I will have a Diamond Pro-Am there before I die though.

Table.jpg

Hoogaar

Registered
Bought our house summer 2020. Unfinished basement. Not quite done yet, but happy with my room so far. Need to cover those posts, put a cue rack "door" over the electric panel, get all my pictures and memorabilia up, and thinking I'm going to try my hand and designing and building a wall to wall back bar for my burgeoning whiskey collection. Anyway - a here are a few pics (put the Littman light in a few months ago - LOVE it. Works great and opens up the room like you wouldn't believe)

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 333
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 319
  • table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 306
  • table4.jpg
    table4.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 311
  • table5.jpg
    table5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 310
  • table6.jpg
    table6.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 309
  • rsIMG_0832 (1).jpg
    rsIMG_0832 (1).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 359
  • rsIMG_0833 (1).jpg
    rsIMG_0833 (1).jpg
    190 KB · Views: 369

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
OK, I can finally say my poolroom is finished! In 2017 we built an addition onto the house and for the last 5 years I had my 9' Olhausen in the middle. I decided I needed a Diamond Pro-Am 7' this year and I was able to rearrange, redo my lighting, and fit both tables! Each table has at least 5 feet all around, so there are no issues with cueing. Now I can practice for all tournaments that are coming up on either type of table!

a-1Poolroom March 14 a.JPG
a-2-Closet and vestibule.JPG
a-4Finished Poolroom 3.jpg
a-5Finished Poolroom 4.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I can finally say my poolroom is finished! In 2017 we built an addition onto the house and for the last 5 years I had my 9' Olhausen in the middle. I decided I needed a Diamond Pro-Am 7' this year and I was able to rearrange, redo my lighting, and fit both tables! Each table has at least 5 feet all around, so there are no issues with cueing. Now I can practice for all tournaments that are coming up on either type of table!

I also discovered I needed a diamond recently..
IMG_20211112_174952_01.jpg

phreaticus

Sometimes I wish I had a GC4, sometimes I wish I had Diamond Pro, sometimes I wish I had a Diamond barbox, but overall, I'm happy with the GC6 TE. Stole the idea of a small soft blue LED on top of the main light from a cool poolhall in Tokyo that I once saw. During play it accents the Simonis Tourney blue off the ceiling and as the room is just off the foyer entrance, the soft LED glow by itself provides an interesting night light for the whole front of the house area.

PG_poolroom.jpeg
PG_poolroom_LED.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A work in progress... Long ways away from what it's going to be.

Picture041.jpg
Leave the drywall as is and provide different color magic markers for friends and guests to sign and date or leave little notes!
Friend did that and cool as hell years later to look over them and remininsce, especially if some of your friends that left their mark has passed away. Just a thought if you're not painting it, or even if you do paint it. Should be 3 other walls in there for more serious memorabilia
or whatever.

phreaticus

Leave the drywall as is and provide different color magic markers for friends and guests to sign and date or leave little notes!
Friend did that and cool as hell years later to look over them and remininsce, especially if some of your friends that left their mark has passed away. Just a thought if you're not painting it, or even if you do paint it. Should be 3 other walls in there for more serious memorabilia
or whatever.
Thats an awesome idea! 👍✌️

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Predator Arena light crapped out. :mad:
Is a 2x4' LED light enough for an 8' table or will I need 2 panels? After spending all that $ on the Predator light I don't want to go for a Littman light. I'm just going to suspend a flat panel LED light (or two) from the ceiling.
(Don't ask me about negotiating w/ Predator. That's a different conversation)

classicjay17

Registered
Fair warning, this will be a long post:

Well here we go, my second entry into this thread. First was 7-8 years ago when I put a classic 1960's AMF Grand Prix 9' in my then basement. Have long since sold the house (divorce will do that :)...) and have been living in an apartment for some time now. With my AMF in storage I had no plans for setting up another table anytime soon.

I just moved into a new apartment in December, with 4 units in what was an old house, with a very large basement. Nothing down there but the boilers/hot water heaters, some storage, and a lot of dirty, dingy empty space. So I took one look and immediately thought, "I can fit a pool table down here". With a property management company based out of state that never visits the property, why not!

I knew I'd be out the cost of moving the table, a case of beer to some friends for the help, and likely new cloth already. With those expenses in mind, my budget was exactly $0 for the actual table. Found a 1960's Fischer 7' listed on Facebook in the area that someone simply wanted gone. Many had inquired, but nobody was interested in taking it apart and lugging it out of their basement. Cue said friends and said case of beer. Had to disassemble the frame into two parts, which was an absolute pain in the a** (Fischer apparently didn't believe in bolts or threaded inserts of any kind, and instead opted to construct their tables with about 8 million wood screws and some plates). We also had to lug the one piece slate up the steps which I'd rather not do again.

When I got the cloth off the rails, they were stamped "Crown 90", which appears to be the model. The slate was stamped with an "F" and "1963" as well. Several of the rails had bad rubber and I needed to replace that first. Then put on new cloth, Proform 505 in Tournament Blue. Would have liked Simonis, but wanted to keep the budget low, and the weave is similar with good reviews. I had never done the rails/cloth on this style of table (Rails were like a coin op, and slate had no backing to staple like a bar table, so had to use the glue down method.). Dug out my old Simonis Rail & Bed Cloth DVD's from RKC and Jay and gave it a go. Not too upset with the way it turned out.

Now it's a dingy, dirty basement with an old Fischer pool table that's got a little more life left to it...

And can't complain at all about the factory pocket size:

Thanks for looking/reading if you made it this far, just happy to have a table of my own again!

Last edited: