Simonis alternative

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Andy 588, it's nice, fast, and durable. Not as much $ either
I have Andy 988 on my table... after a year I still like it.

I got from Eastern Billiards Supply ... $259 for a 9'

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Andy 988 on my table... after a year I still like it.

I got from Eastern Billiards Supply ... $259 for a 9'

we had 988 on my local room's tables for a while. i loved it. played just as good if not better than HR for less $$. The 600 is good if you want to put worsted on bar-tables.

suharsh

Registered
Timely thread for me as I was going to start one. After going through older threads and some Youtube videos, seems Chamption Tour edition is a good choice for me. I wanted to share a table that I had created to compare price and some general feature wherever info was available ... vis-a-vis Simonis 860 as reference. Hope it is helpful to those who are looking to get a new cloth.

1711215474225.png

mrbill02931194

Ended up ordering Championship 3030 cloth for an Eagles Club Valley table (lipstick on a pig anyone? :) ) and it plays faster than my Simonis 860 HR at home. Seems to to holding up well too after 9 months of heavy use.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts has simonis 860. I have not heard of a decrease in quality
Then you’re not talking to the right people. A lot of installers and my new table I got a 6 months a go are complaining it has a fuzz to it that your not sure your installing the right side up.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been hearing that simonis is hard to come by and when you do get it it’s not what it was. What is the next best option to 860 hr?

I would just get Andy.
Don't know how it works with home installing but I will never ever get a cloth where the manufacturer's name is under the end-rails.
No way no how.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We put Championship Tour on our 3 Diamond Bar Boxes a year and a half ago. It's wearing very well, 3 league nights and endless drunks, and doesn't seem to get burn marks as badly as 860HR. We're getting ready to recover and might try Andy 988 on the recommendation of the Mechanic. Brian.
P.S.; Just vacuumed, wet wiped with Woolight and X-1'd when they dried. They actually look a few months old.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I guess I'll be the stick in the mud...my Simonis 860 has been fine for 11 years. Little wear where I break; to be expected. No fuzz or any other issues to report.