simonis video

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever seen the Simonis Rail & Bed Cloth Installation Training DVD they sell at Seyberts? Is it on youtube anywhere? I don't mind spending the money but not if i have already seen it. And before someone starts flaming me, no i am not looking for a free copy. I have watched almost every video on youtube on the subject and just want to make sure its not something i have already watched. Someone suggested i order it. but 40 bucks for a video i have already seen for free would really p*ss me off.

this is the one I'm talking about.

http://www.seyberts.com/products/Simonis_Rail_Bed_Cloth_Installation_Training_DVD-102651-132.html

Although if someone has a set they want to get rid of cheap i would be opposed to that either.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Has anyone ever seen the Simonis Rail & Bed Cloth Installation Training DVD they sell at Seyberts? Is it on youtube anywhere? I don't mind spending the money but not if i have already seen it. And before someone starts flaming me, no i am not looking for a free copy. I have watched almost every video on youtube on the subject and just want to make sure its not something i have already watched. Someone suggested i order it. but 40 bucks for a video i have already seen for free would really p*ss me off.

http://www.seyberts.com/products/Simonis_Rail_Bed_Cloth_Installation_Training_DVD-102651-132.html

Although if someone has a set they want to get rid of cheap i would be opposed to that either.

No, they have never been on youtube, and they're way better at instruction than anything you've ever seen......I should know:thumbup:

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they have never been on youtube, and they're way better at instruction than anything you've ever seen......I should know:thumbup:

Ok not that I'm questioning you but why should you know? Im guessing your not just saying that because you have watched it so what gives? just curious?

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Ok not that I'm questioning you but why should you know? Im guessing your not just saying that because you have watched it so what gives? just curious?

Watched.. RKC helped in making the videos. I would say he knows for sure.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Good videos

I've got the set of videos from seyberts and they're well worth it. Don't just get the bed cloth one, buy both DVDs, you won't be disappointed.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis DVD's

Money well spent!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Cheap? Let me ask you something. Are you making money recovering pool tables, if so, then you're looking to get better at the task if you're considering buying my DVDS....right? If that be the case, why would you be conserned with the cost of MY knowledge, if you in fact learn the right way of installing cloth and make money in the process? If I were that cheap....maybe I'd have never made the DVDs' in the first place, so that no one would have any idea as to how I recover pool tables, therefore never learning how to better their skills as installers. I've put a lot of information out here for anyone to learn from for free, all you have to do is look for it here on AZB and you'll find it all. But when i finally do something that requires a little bit of money to be spent.....then maybe you'll understand why it took me almost 7 years to agree to make the DVDs' in the first place for Simonis;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Watched.. RKC helped in making the videos. I would say he knows for sure.

No, Jay helped in making the DVDs, as in Jay is everything that I am not. He was the backbone in setting up the recording studio, the production, editing, business plan, and everything it took to make these DVDs' happen, because I didn't stand a chance of making them happen, so all that credit goes to Jay 100%, and my hats off to him because he did such a great job of getting it all done, including with putting up with my lack of being on time, as I always seem to work on my own schedule, and hardly ever on someone else's. But, as far as the skills of installing cloth on a pool table, that was all my skills, including having Jay demonstrate how he recovers bar table slates, as I didn't feel it was the right time to demonstrate my method for that task, because I didn't feel that 99% of the people out here working on pool tables are qualified enough to staple or spray glue the bed cloths on at that time, so I passed on demonstrating my glue down method, in which Jay has been using ever since he himself learned it from me. His rail work is the same as mine now, and I have to add....he's mastered it beautifully. Stretch indexing the bed cloth for repeat installations of tightness....has been my way of installing bed.cloths for about 30 years now, along with my glue down method. So, needless to say, but Jay was the brains and I was the skill behind the production of the Simonis DVDs, and if it wasn't for Jay....they'd have never been made;)

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap? Let me ask you something. Are you making money recovering pool tables, if so, then you're looking to get better at the task if you're considering buying my DVDS....right? If that be the case, why would you be conserned with the cost of MY knowledge, if you in fact learn the right way of installing cloth and make money in the process? If I were that cheap....maybe I'd have never made the DVDs' in the first place, so that no one would have any idea as to how I recover pool tables, therefore never learning how to better their skills as installers. I've put a lot of information out here for anyone to learn from for free, all you have to do is look for it here on AZB and you'll find it all. But when i finally do something that requires a little bit of money to be spent.....then maybe you'll understand why it took me almost 7 years to agree to make the DVDs' in the first place for Simonis;)

I in no way meant it as an insult to you nor would i ever say your work isn't worth the time you spent.

In answer to your question yes sometimes I make money on doing tables but out of the last ten I did, one keeps giving me problems so I have yet to get paid for it. 2 were for a bar I frequent and I did it free so that the table I play on for league has good cloth. 2 of them where for another bar I frequent where the person who was supposed to be doing it and was already paid to do it fled the scene and left them high and dry so I did it as a favor and didn't charge, 3 of them where for friends that I did just to help out, and the last two I got paid for but it was someone I owed money to for something they did for me and we traded services.

I know that the obvious answer is to charge to do the tables, but sometimes favors are worth way more than monetary compensation and it seems thats just been my luck the last few months. Especially when I have a guy in the area that only charges $50 to install cloth on a table that is making it almost impossible to get jobs cause everyone is going to him. That and I have a league operator selling Simonis 860hr for $145.00. Between the two of them they are killing my business. I have had to cut my prices to almost nothing just to compete. I keep hearing "but so and so will do it for fifty, why would i pay you that much when i can get him to do it for a fraction of the cost"

So as you can see my last ten tables i haven't gotten anything out of and my next three aren't looking too promising either so money is kinda tight. I have the choice of buying a dvd that may or may not help me in possibly making money, or buy products that I can sell and definitely make money. Or if I could get the DVDs used, I could do both.

When i put that, I was looking to find someone that had the DVDS and where looking to get rid of them. When I put it I had no idea that the DVDs weren't installation DVDs made by Simonis itself. I just figured they were best practices and suggested installation techniques type DVDs you see a lot of the times from manufacturers of a product.

Like I said, I in no way meant any disrespect by my comment.

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap? Let me ask you something. Are you making money recovering pool tables, if so, then you're looking to get better at the task if you're considering buying my DVDS....right?

And its nit so much wanting to get better as it was I thought these were directly from simonis and, and I was hoping they would show me a different way of doing them. I know that this guy and I use basically the same methods of applying the cloth. If i could learn the "right way" to do it, I could explain to people why having me do it would be beneficial over someone charging 50 bucks. Like I said I thought these were Simonis' installation DVDs not How to install Simonis DVDs. I thought they were coming straight from the factory.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And its nit so much wanting to get better as it was I thought these were directly from simonis and, and I was hoping they would show me a different way of doing them. I know that this guy and I use basically the same methods of applying the cloth. If i could learn the "right way" to do it, I could explain to people why having me do it would be beneficial over someone charging 50 bucks. Like I said I thought these were Simonis' installation DVDs not How to install Simonis DVDs. I thought they were coming straight from the factory.

Call me, 702-927-5689
Glen

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best

Absolutely the best dvd for recovering a table. If I lost my dvd's, I would definitely buy them again. It covers everything you need to know about how to do the job and do it RIGHT. A definite must for anyone that wants to do it themselves.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
No, Jay helped in making the DVDs, as in Jay is everything that I am not. He was the backbone in setting up the recording studio, the production, editing, business plan, and everything it took to make these DVDs' happen, because I didn't stand a chance of making them happen, so all that credit goes to Jay 100%, and my hats off to him because he did such a great job of getting it all done, including with putting up with my lack of being on time, as I always seem to work on my own schedule, and hardly ever on someone else's. But, as far as the skills of installing cloth on a pool table, that was all my skills, including having Jay demonstrate how he recovers bar table slates, as I didn't feel it was the right time to demonstrate my method for that task, because I didn't feel that 99% of the people out here working on pool tables are qualified enough to staple or spray glue the bed cloths on at that time, so I passed on demonstrating my glue down method, in which Jay has been using ever since he himself learned it from me. His rail work is the same as mine now, and I have to add....he's mastered it beautifully. Stretch indexing the bed cloth for repeat installations of tightness....has been my way of installing bed.cloths for about 30 years now, along with my glue down method. So, needless to say, but Jay was the brains and I was the skill behind the production of the Simonis DVDs, and if it wasn't for Jay....they'd have never been made;)

Glen,

In a previous post,

Originally Posted by cammel8 View Post
I installed a simians 860 hr on a valley table using super 77 spray adhesive as I have in the other 50 or so tables I have done and never had a problem. I got a call from the client saying that the felt had come up at the end. I went out and pulled the felt completely off Cleaned the slate with soap and water and then rinsed with water and allowed to dry completely and then reattached and re stretched the cloth. it was perfectly fine. Now I have gotten a call from him again. It has pulled up in the same spot again. So much so you can see slate under the rail. I have never had this problem before and have done hundreds of installs (about fifty or so where on valleys) and have never had any problems like this before, and i am not sure what is wrong.

Any Ideas? Im thinking maybe a bad batch of glue or something but who knows. Any ideas?

All i know is if i stretch this again i won't have another chance so whatever i do has to be the last time i do it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
George

Also, Jay demonstrated installing the bed cloth on the valley table his way, not mine for a reason, which is ok. I demonstrated how to recover rails step by step.

Which is it? 100% your system and skills, or a collaboration? From the way it's presented in the two posts, when someone has an issue or a problem it's my skills and technique. on the other hand your're saying it's 100% your technical skills and systems and I was just the "producer"

I've remained quiet about these issues for years, I know how huge your ego can be at times, but I really have to point out this conflict in your own statements. You can take all the credit for the content of the DVDs, just take the responsibility that goes with that position. We both know what each of our contributions were to the content portion of the DVDs.

You know I hate any public quarrels on the forum, and I will not participate in one now. I just don't appreciate your taking credit without taking the same level of responsibility.

Jay

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didya

Glen,

In a previous post,

I installed a simians 860 hr on a valley table using super 77 spray adhesive as I have in the other 50 or so tables I have done and never had a problem. I got a call from the client saying that the felt had come up at the end. I went out and pulled the felt completely off Cleaned the slate with soap and water and then rinsed with water and allowed to dry completely and then reattached and re stretched the cloth. it was perfectly fine. Now I have gotten a call from him again. It has pulled up in the same spot again. So much so you can see slate under the rail. I have never had this problem before and have done hundreds of installs (about fifty or so where on valleys) and have never had any problems like this before, and i am not sure what is wrong.

Any Ideas? Im thinking maybe a bad batch of glue or something but who knows. Any ideas?

All i know is if i stretch this again i won't have another chance so whatever i do has to be the last time i do it.

Thanx in advance.
George

Also, Jay demonstrated installing the bed cloth on the valley table his way, not mine for a reason, which is ok. I demonstrated how to recover rails step by step.

Which is it? 100% your system and skills, or a collaboration? From the way it's presented in the two posts, when someone has an issue or a problem it's my skills and technique. on the other hand your're saying it's 100% your technical skills and systems and I was just the "producer"

I've remained quiet about these issues for years, I know how huge your ego can be at times, but I really have to point out this conflict in your own statements. You can take all the credit for the content of the DVDs, just take the responsibility that goes with that position. We both know what each of our contributions were to the content portion of the DVDs.

You know I hate any public quarrels on the forum, and I will not participate in one now. I just don't appreciate your taking credit without taking the same level of responsibility.

Jay
ever notice if you take the I My Mr Mine outta Glens posts how short they are?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I in no way meant it as an insult to you nor would i ever say your work isn't worth the time you spent.
Especially when I have a guy in the area that only charges $50 to install cloth on a table that is making it almost impossible to get jobs cause everyone is going to him. That and I have a league operator selling Simonis 860hr for $145.00. Between the two of them they are killing my business. I have had to cut my prices to almost nothing just to compete. I keep hearing "but so and so will do it for fifty, why would i pay you that much when i can get him to do it for a fraction of the cost"

When I get customers that suggest I should be as cheap as some other guy I suggest to them to use the other guy if they want to save money. Many times they will have the car back in my shop repairing the cheap guys mistakes. In fact the current car I am working on that was a "cheap labor" job I gave the customer 2 options, start over or go somewhere else. He chose to start over. (I was not a dick about it, just keeping the story short):thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,

In a previous post,

Thanx in advance.
George

Jay

Jay, the DVDs' were a total collaboration of skills, which is why I didn't demonstrate installing the bed cloth on the Valley slate, that was your system of installation 100%. The person having the problem with the cloth pulling up was not going along with your instructions of bed cloth installation, thus his cloth pulling up. I just got off the phone with him explaining to him, what he was doing wrong so that he could correct the problem. You know as well as I do why I didn't demonstrate my way of gluing the bed cloth down, and that's because of the availability of the glue to everyone purchase for use, as it does no good to show a way of gluing down cloth my way when there's 17 states the glue is not available for sale in, let alone most other countries. I gave you 100% credit for the production of the DVDs, so there's no ego involved, just the facts as they are, so there is no argument on my side:)