Simplified CTE

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I would say it's much ado about nothing and it's their, not there.
Ralph Eckert, who is a world class instructor, say you should have your grip hand already in line before going down .
And that makes a lot more sense than all the sweep, pivot and head tilting eye switching gimmicks and service packs of cte SP10.
And I know a CTE instructor who is a better player than Ralph. So does my "expert" trump yours? Ralph is a friend of mine and I have his books. In fact, he was present when I ran five racks of nine ball in a set where I was down four to zero and raised the bet from $100 to $500 in frustration. Ralph said to me, "john, have you ever thought of running five racks from the beginning of the set."

Ralph's teaching style is great but he doesn't have anything to teach about aiming that is better than Center to Edge aiming. And the player who is better than Ralph demonstrates EXCELLENT form with a smooth transition from standing to shooting. Certainly, without a doubt his form would be approved by Ralph and we can BET SUPER HIGH ON THAT. Calm down, I know you won't ever bet a nickle to back up any of the shit things you have said.

I am an average player and I think you are below average. If I have no right to talk about how to play pool you have even less right.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
And I know a CTE instructor who is a better player than Ralph. So does my "expert" trump yours? Ralph is a friend of mine and I have his books. In fact, he was present when I ran five racks of nine ball in a set where I was down four to zero and raised the bet from $100 to $500 in frustration. Ralph said to me, "john, have you ever thought of running five racks from the beginning of the set."

Ralph's teaching style is great but he doesn't have anything to teach about aiming that is better than Center to Edge aiming. And the player who is better than Ralph demonstrates EXCELLENT form with a smooth transition from standing to shooting. Certainly, without a doubt his form would be approved by Ralph and we can BET SUPER HIGH ON THAT. Calm down, I know you won't ever bet a nickle to back up any of the shit things you have said.

I am an average player and I think you are below average. If I have no right to talk about how to play pool you have even less right.
If you're going to argue it's better to have your grip hand away from the line on purpose then do some gimmick to put it back on the line, go ahead tell him.

Ralph doesn't bother with gimmick aiming systems .
He teaches the one and proven one .

Oh great, another bet prop.

You can have your expert .
I'd rather listen to Ralph on where to keep the grip hand before going down .

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're going to argue it's better to have your grip hand away from the line on purpose then do some gimmick to put it back on the line, go ahead tell him.

Ralph doesn't bother with gimmick aiming systems .
He teaches the one and proven one .

Oh great, another bet prop.

You can have your expert .
I'd rather listen to Ralph on where to keep the grip hand before going down .
No one said anything about the grip hand being away from the line.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think CTE users are so desperate for validation that some will use anything to prove themselves right. Implying that pro's are using CTE based on how they come into the shot is junk science. Saying it another way, it is a bridge too far. I'd also say that the number of players that come down with the cue entirely on the shot line is in the vast minority and I don't even think it has any connection to how one aims.

Terrific!
Nah, you're incorrect. Noting similarities in body motions is just part of the discussion. CTE users get their validation on the pool table. Any such implication wouldn't be science at all, just opinionated speculation at best. All Hal was saying is that people who bring their cue in from the side in a way that the body motions are similar to the body motions CTE users have when aiming and going to shooting position are likely to be quite accurate. I have NEVER EVER seen any CTE user say that pros who do that are DEFINTELY using CTE. And I think that CTE users are fully clear at this point that there is no amount of evidence, INCLUDING CLEAR STATEMENTS BY PROS WHO USE CTE, that will ever cause CTE to be seen as a valid aiming method by the main knockers here.

The majority of CTE users are not here participating in the discussions. They are practicing, playing and enjoying the benefits they get from the CTE method of aiming. While it's certainly possible that somewhere they saw someone say something that they took as an implication that pros whose cue comes in from the side use CTE and that was the catalyst that got them into CTE I would say that it is extremely unlikely. But even it were the fact is that CTE works and so they are very likely to be quite happy having learned CTE regardless of whether any pro uses it.

The CTE users who are here are not "desperate for validation". They choose to be here in order to counter the anti-CTE narrative that people like Joey Bautista obsessively promote. When he promotes Niels and ghost ball as a way to knock CTE I counter with a video where CTE user Tyler Steyer beat Niels at the Mosconi cup for example. That's something I have chosen to do not something I have to do.

In the coming year I personally will be working to bring CTE to as many people ON THE TABLE in person as I possibly can. While I sort of enjoy this discussion at times the best validation that can exist for me is to increase the number of players using CTE and watch them enjoy pool more. At the end of the day I have wasted far too many words talking to people who would be happy if Hal Houle never existed. So in order to fully honor my promise to Hal I will spend more time teaching in person and brining pros in to teach CTE aiming.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Jesus... I think the AZB server would implode and develop a world ending black hole if we tried to interpret the conversations here with the correct definition of words.
...Define..."definition"...and once you've done that, prepare to be wrong.😂

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You do realize that if it was truly a process of objectivity, then you wouldn't be making a choice at all.
come on, be real please. this is like saying you can win $1000 if you choose between door 1, 2, or 3 and through study you realize that if the host stands to the left then the $1000 is always behind 1 and if he stands to the right then the it is always behind 2 and of in the center the correct choice is door number 3.

once you have this knowledge your choice is 100% objective based on your knowledge.

the next contestant will win if they choose what you tell them.

that makes it an objective unbiased data-driven choice.

Submerge

No head tilting , eye switching and disguised pivots ?
At the end of the day, you still have to visualize the two balls colliding for position and pocketing .
No you don’t, with CTE. You do know exactly where the center of the CB must go to pocket the shot. When that is figured out (through perception practice) then your only task is to hit that one tick on the the CB that puts the ball in center pocket. I think your comment applies to ghost ball, which works fine for a lot of people. Basic CTE requires the head tilt only so you can line up one eye with the aim line and another with the sight line when you are close to the ball. Measure the distance between your pupils when looking squarely ahead. Then measure distance when tilted to one side or the other. Which one is smaller? This is the reason for the head tilt. If doing CTE Pro 1 method you find center cue ball from the ball address position (standing behind the shot) and come down right on the center cue ball that pockets the shot using your personal vision center (typically slightly to the right of your nose for right eye dominant players).