Slight wobble on my new cue, what would you do?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned to a friend of mine last week I thought about getting a revo shaft for my blak 4 1 . He mentioned he prefered the.meuccci pro shaft...i told him I shot a few balls with a friends pro about a year ago and told him I would probably like the ultimate weapon better. He said he had one of those also and I could try it id i wanted to but some one else was playing with it that night..

I told him I would bring my gambler this week and try out his ultimate shaft. I am.gonna find out how long he has had it and how straight it is before pulling the trigger on one if I like how it shoots.s

Fwiw.....i bought my meucci used 3 years ago and the black dot shaft is currently straight as can be.. I have had 3 meuccis so far and only one shaft had a slight warp...could see light under it but it did not wobble. To be fair....that cue was 12 years old when I bought it..

Then again ....why spend all.that money just cause you want something new. I am.playing pretty good right now with a cue I bought 5 years ago for 20.00....kinda hard to convince yourself you need another cue or shaft when you are already playing good....seems that way to me anyhow..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never seen a Meucci shaft roll anywhere close to straight
Seriously? Never? I've seen some with poor inlay or popped ringwork but not bad shafts. Not saying it doesn't happen but i haven't had or seen one. This can happen to any maple shaft if not cured or stored properly. I've owned about 6-7 Meuccis over the years and shafts were generally good.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about your situation. Do you still have the original shaft that came with the schmelke? if yes, perhaps its best to use that for the time being. if no try to borrow one?

it would be unfortunate when they finally get back to you they will claim that the shaft has been extensively used/abused so they cant honour the warranty etc. Not saying that that's what they do, but its just to protect yourself from these sort of things that happen when its a grey area...

Perhaps this is the best example of why you need a second shaft for that other thread...
No, as said this cue was 100% custom made. I didn't mention the butt is 30" and the that is 31". So the added shaft length could be a factor.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope the op can get this issue corrected to his satisfaction. I never roll the shafts or my cue for that matter. I would not want this thought in my head..
Trust me, I was hesitant to but I did and here we are.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned to a friend of mine last week I thought about getting a revo shaft for my blak 4 1 . He mentioned he prefered the.meuccci pro shaft...i told him I shot a few balls with a friends pro about a year ago and told him I would probably like the ultimate weapon better. He said he had one of those also and I could try it id i wanted to but some one else was playing with it that night..

I told him I would bring my gambler this week and try out his ultimate shaft. I am.gonna find out how long he has had it and how straight it is before pulling the trigger on one if I like how it shoots.s

Fwiw.....i bought my meucci used 3 years ago and the black dot shaft is currently straight as can be.. I have had 3 meuccis so far and only one shaft had a slight warp...could see light under it but it did not wobble. To be fair....that cue was 12 years old when I bought it..

Then again ....why spend all.that money just cause you want something new. I am.playing pretty good right now with a cue I bought 5 years ago for 20.00....kinda hard to convince yourself you need another cue or shaft when you are already playing good....seems that way to me anyhow..
Other than the slight wobble, it plays great.

I should have mentioned, the the custom cue total length is 61" with a 31" shaft. So the extra length I'm sure is a factor.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was 7 days after I got the cue that I rolled. It was like 4 days after that I mustered up what to say. I ordered it like 8 weeks before that though, that's how long it took for the cue to be completed.

I'll contact them tomorrow since I haven't heard from them since my reply to them.

I would advise you to not send the shaft back for replacement. There have been too many horror stories on here about customer service from Meucci on repairs or warranty issues. If it plays good then keep it. I have several older high quality cues where the shafts don't roll perfectly flat and it does not affect the playability of the cue at all.

There was recently a thread on here about straightening shafts that had a lot of good information on it. It can be done and it doesn't take months.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would advise you to not send the shaft back for replacement. There have been too many horror stories on here about customer service from Meucci on repairs or warranty issues. If it plays good then keep it. I have several older high quality cues where the shafts don't roll perfectly flat and it does not affect the playability of the cue at all.

There was recently a thread on here about straightening shafts that had a lot of good information on it. It can be done and it doesn't take months.
Thanks, it's definitely not effecting the play, my fear is it will get worse over time. It is a 31" shaft so I feel there is more wood to fail at that length.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Meucci is very busy right now.

If you had a different shaft collar put on by someone else, why would Meucci be responsible?

Send to Meucci and you might have a two year wait to get it back.

Thirty one inches is long...not likely to be straight or stay straight.

You might be better off keeping it and bend it back yourself and just keep it hanging and playing with it.

Typical for Meucci shafts.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's unfortunately more difficult than that, it's 100% custom from the color to the pin. If I return it I have nothing to play with. I just hope if Meucci does agree to replace it Schmelke can make a new one without having the butt. I waited 8 weeks for this one and I'm shoot great with it, aside from the mental strain of knowing it has a wobble is playing on my head.

Nobody can tell you what to do. "Slight wobble" is in the eye of the beholder. Speaking only for myself the best places I've found to buy a cue are pawn shops and local pool halls. Sooner or later a pool player will go broke and need to sell his cue. The advantage is price and the ability to check the cue before you buy.

I would never have bought a mass production cue like a Meucci from a factory but if I did I'd want it to roll straight.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody can tell you what to do. "Slight wobble" is in the eye of the beholder. Speaking only for myself the best places I've found to buy a cue are pawn shops and local pool halls. Sooner or later a pool player will go broke and need to sell his cue. The advantage is price and the ability to check the cue before you buy.

I would never have bought a mass production cue like a Meucci from a factory but if I did I'd want it to roll straight.
the problem with that statement is production cues are 58in, this is a custom 61in Cue and the Meucci Pro shaft is low deflection, this was something I wanted very bad.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about it buddy. This is something that has happened to everyone who’s been in the cue game for a while. Something u just have to live with, I’m betting they won’t be able to do anything. At least you got a reply, a joss butt warped on me and I never got a reply back from cuestore.ca. I’m betting it won’t get any worse unless you are one unlucky person.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about it buddy. This is something that has happened to everyone who’s been in the cue game for a while. Something u just have to live with, I’m betting they won’t be able to do anything. At least you got a reply, a joss butt warped on me and I never got a reply back from cuestore.ca. I’m betting it won’t get any worse unless you are one unlucky person.
That's all I fear, I just don't want it to get any worse. I take very good care of my cues, I keep them in a cool place and I keep them in a case standing straight up. That's about the best I can do. I don't ever intend to sell this Q which is very unlikely because I always sell cues whenever I buy a new one but this one was my first custom cue and I plan to keep it until I die. so I don't have to worry about the resale value of trying to convince somebody why it's got a slight wobble.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I don't ever intend to sell this Q which is very unlikely because I always sell cues whenever I buy a new one but this one was my first custom cue and I plan to keep it until I die. so I don't have to worry about the resale value of trying to convince somebody why it's got a slight wobble.

Let's see, you don't ever intend to sell this Q (think you mean cue), but you "always sell cues" but you're never going to sell this one. Well, why are you worried about this, enough to keep this going?

You're going to keep it until you die. I would think that would be the end of it, and you don't need to go over it here. I've given you the best advice I can in an earlier post, but is this a bit of triggering and need of attention? Any pictures you can show, anything?

All the best,
WW

Last edited:

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's see, you don't ever intend to sell this Q (think you mean cue), but you "always sell cues" but you're never going to sell this one. Well, why are you worried about this, enough to keep this going?

You're going to keep it until you die. I would think that would be the end of it, and you don't need to go over it here. I've given you the best advice I can in an earlier post, but is this a bit of triggering and need of attention? Any pictures you can show, anything?

Please tell us you have never heard of anyone named Justin.

All the best,
WW
Speech to text thought I meant 'Q'. Sorry, lots of replies little proofreading.

You must have missed my earlier posts, I fear it will get worse over time. That's my major concern. If Schmelke claims it rolled straight when it left their shop and Meucci claims it rolled straight when it left their's, why is it warped now?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why keep it until you die? Did you miss your earlier post?

All the best,
WW
Ok, I'm being trolled here?

I had this cue made to satisfy my long quest for the perfect cue to fit me. It's the alright colors and length I like, 61" Ebony and Birdseye maple. The reason I sell all old cues in the past is to offset the cost for when I bought a new one. I'm not a cue collector, I'm a pool player. If this shaft warps 5 years from now I will be pissed because Meucci is doing nothing about it now.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Ok, I'm being trolled here?

I had this cue made to satisfy my long quest for the perfect cue to fit me. It's the alright colors and length I like, 61" Ebony and Birdseye maple. The reason I sell all old cues in the past is to offset the cost for when I bought a new one. I'm not a cue collector, I'm a pool player. If this shaft warps 5 years from now I will be pissed because Meucci is doing nothing about it now.

No, you're not being trolled. You have a shaft which you will keep until you die. But you keep asking questions about it. Think about it.

All the best,
WW

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you're not being trolled. You have a shaft which you will keep until you die. But you keep asking questions about it. Think about it.

All the best,
WW
If my friend, I will keep it IF I know a) it won't get worse, or b) Meucci will replace it.

So in closing; the concept of this cue in perfect condition is a cue I could keep for a lifetime.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
So in closing

We can only hope. I think you been given all the advice you need. Further advice on straightening a shaft, whether over time, or with a device, should be on the cuemakers advice forum.

All the best,
WW