Smoky Mountain Shootout

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
This was a good tournament in bad weather. The tables played a little weird due to a few inches of rain falling this weekend. Like every year, the cream rose to the top and the last guys standing were Stevie, Larry, Shannon and Tony.

Stevie played good and deserved to win, he handled every match pretty handily. Larry overcame an early loss to come through the loser bracket surviving a couple of hill-hill scares. Shannon and Tony cruised through until each of them met up with Stevie. Stevie beat Tony then Shannon and finally Larry, he earned this one.

I took a few pics of the last few matches and the brackets.

Reactions: JAM

mr8ball

I always love to go there and had some great times when I did. I have missed it for the past 5 or so years but would love to go back. Some of the best players around show up for that one. Glad you got to go. Thanks for sharing :thumbup::thumbup:

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
25th anniversary

Next year it will be 25 years. We have had a 128 player full field every year.
I would think that this is one of the longest running open tournaments in pool history. I have been involved as the tournament director since the second tournament. This is the best tournament we have in our area and next year will be very special. 25 years and I have been able to witness youngsters growing up to be good solid players and I have been lucky enough to participate in most of the tournaments. I might have missed 3 at the most. As far as competition it is awesome. World Champions like Keith McCready, Earl Strickland, Shannon Dalton, Steve Moore and Tony Watson to name a few have tried and succeeded to wage war on other players to gain the honor of being the Smokey Mountain Shootout Champion. Congratulations to Steve Moore and Larry Nevel for giving a great performance to day.

doublej487

valleys are 2 tight
Silver Member
This was a good tournament in bad weather. The tables played a little weird due to a few inches of rain falling this weekend. Like every year, the cream rose to the top and the last guys standing were Stevie, Larry, Shannon and Tony.

Stevie played good and deserved to win, he handled every match pretty handily. Larry overcame an early loss to come through the loser bracket surviving a couple of hill-hill scares. Shannon and Tony cruised through until each of them met up with Stevie. Stevie beat Tony then Shannon and finally Larry, he earned this one.

I took a few pics of the last few matches and the brackets.

i see ur boy russ can still hack it

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very, very cool pictures. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

Glad to see Tony Watson do well! :cool:

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tourny

Next year it will be 25 years. We have had a 128 player full field every year.
I would think that this is one of the longest running open tournaments in pool history. I have been involved as the tournament director since the second tournament. This is the best tournament we have in our area and next year will be very special. 25 years and I have been able to witness youngsters growing up to be good solid players and I have been lucky enough to participate in most of the tournaments. I might have missed 3 at the most. As far as competition it is awesome. World Champions like Keith McCready, Earl Strickland, Shannon Dalton, Steve Moore and Tony Watson to name a few have tried and succeeded to wage war on other players to gain the honor of being the Smokey Mountain Shootout Champion. Congratulations to Steve Moore and Larry Nevel for giving a great performance to day.

Yes that is great the tourny has lasted so long-like all us southern boys bond together for good cause, and am sure they will continue to do so. you just keep up the work you are doing for ther and they will come-thanks MIKE!!!!!!

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great tournament as always great players and for a great cause congrats to stevie moore hope to be up there next year for the 25th year

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very, very cool pictures. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

Glad to see Tony Watson do well! :cool:
Jam, you all should try to get down next year, you know that Keith won it 20 years ago(1994, I went with them). It has really grown since then.

Reactions: JAM

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good time once again

KtownD and DoubleA, I had a great time once again with y'all and the rest of the gang. Only thing that would've made it better would have been to play better and a finish higher. Good pics by the way.

Here is the top 8 if memory serves me correct.

1. Stevie Moore
2. Larry Nevel
3. Shannon Daulton
4. Tony Watson
5/6 Jeff Abernathy & Randy Jordan
7/8 Jesse Middlebrooks & Rick Rudisell (spell check)
Don't wanna forget a good friend, Russ Edwards was one of the guys that tied for 9th.

Have a goodn'