Smoky Mtn Shootout--who is going?

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We will be there Fri eve, I have never missed one yet. I think it is one of the premier tournys in the country. 100$ entry fee, shut off at 128 players, and filled with paid entries 2 months ahead of time every year. For anyone I don't know, introduce yourself. I will be around the pool products table with my son KtownD and his friend Shannon Daulton alot. My name is Al.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I wish I could but just got back from San Francisco. I won't be up in East TN and NC until Memorial Day.

mr8ball

You are right about it being one of the best. I have been a few times but things have not worked out foe me going lately to get back. I know you will have a great time and keep us posted on the results.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C u Friday

I'll be there Al and you better not touch my low priced Calcutta! I just might snap that one off this year, but it'll be a tough task. Have a goodn' buddy

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Everyone of my friends always asks me...

...if I'm going up there and I always say no. I don't like driving hours to just sit around and watch any event and by the time someone brings it up, it's always full :-( I'm not the kind of player to be a favorite by any means but I still like to play if I'm gonna ride far at all. As I've said for the last several years, maybe next year...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This events is one of the few that I knwo of that ALWAYS fills up in advance.:)

I hope this year that somebody will be kind enough to take pictures and share! :cool:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
This years going to be tuff for me, I've been working on a roof for the last 2 weeks, getting up at 5 am kills the night life and roofing kills the practice.
I'm going to take Thursday off to rest and practice.
Hope I can get in stroke quick

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This years going to be tuff for me, I've been working on a roof for the last 2 weeks, getting up at 5 am kills the night life and roofing kills the practice.
I'm going to take Thursday off to rest and practice.
Hope I can get in stroke quick

Good luck! Hope you have a great tournament. I'm envious! By all accounts, for over a decade, I've been hearing about this Smokey Mountain Shootout, what an incredibly cool pool happening this is. You're so lucky that you can not only go, but you're going to compete in it. Hope you split the wicket on every shot! :)

Tikkitavi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there. Truly a great event and charity oriented. So let it be known, you can have a very successful tournament and also support a local charity.
Kudos to all who are involved.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Yeah, this is a great tournament. I have been every year for the past 10 or so and it is always full and there is always a waiting list. It is more like a reunion of sorts, seems like the same faces every year. The player I miss being there is Stevie Moore, he was a staple in the event for years and he has been absent for the last 2 or 3. Hopefully he can make it this year, he is a great guy and a great player.

I am relatively easy to spot, look for the big guy with a goatee that runs out like crazy......:)

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie's back

Yeah, this is a great tournament. I have been every year for the past 10 or so and it is always full and there is always a waiting list. It is more like a reunion of sorts, seems like the same faces every year. The player I miss being there is Stevie Moore, he was a staple in the event for years and he has been absent for the last 2 or 3. Hopefully he can make it this year, he is a great guy and a great player.

I am relatively easy to spot, look for the big guy with a goatee that runs out like crazy......:)

Stevie will be in it this year Ktown D. I'll see you and the crew Friday evening big man.

Be safe and have a goodn', Jerry

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie will be in it this year Ktown D. I'll see you and the crew Friday evening big man.

Be safe and have a goodn', Jerry
Glad to hear Stevie is going to make it this year, have you heard how Scott Rabon is doing?

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Glad to hear Stevie is going to make it this year, have you heard how Scott Rabon is doing?

Scott won't make it this year, he just had another procedure. His vision is the biggest problem, it likely won't return to anywhere near acceptable levels for at least a year. Sad really, he's a good friend of mine. Watching him play like a low A player is tough but that's about all he has right now. He'll be back in form sometime in the future and I know he HATES missing this event. But having said all that, he has a great attitude and is doing everything the docs tell him to.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott

Scott won't make it this year, he just had another procedure. His vision is the biggest problem, it likely won't return to anywhere near acceptable levels for at least a year. Sad really, he's a good friend of mine. Watching him play like a low A player is tough but that's about all he has right now. He'll be back in form sometime in the future and I know he HATES missing this event. But having said all that, he has a great attitude and is doing everything the docs tell him to.

Hope the procedure went well. Scott's a great player and a great person first and foremost.

I had him 7-3 or 7-4 a few years ago in the shootout and played a decent safe. He could barely see the four ball I think and it was several feet away and was a hairline cut. To make a long story short, Scott cut it in and ran out the set, making several difficult shots along the way, and beat me 9-7. I never would have thought that safe would be my last shot in that match, but it was. He was more than humble the whole time.

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Scott is a good friend and a great guy, man I hope he gets better real soon.