Socks policy

magnum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good day and it's been a loooong time posting again...

Do you have any info why this happened? I was really sureprised there's such kind of policy...

Chezka Centeno was asked to change her socks before beginning her Predator Pro Billiard Series Women’s Showdown quarter-final against female world number one Chou Chieh-Yu in Las Vegas.

Centeno, who defeated Chen Siming to crown herself the Women’s Las Vegas Open champion days beforehand, was notified by a tournament official that she would need to change her footwear due to skin being shown.

The Filipina sensation had worn the same footwear during her Women’s Las Vegas Open triumph a week beforehand, although her ankle socks suddenly became a problem ahead of the Showdown quarter-finals.

Being forced to change into footwear deemed more appropriate proved an obvious distraction ahead of her match against the reigning women’s world 9-ball champion, which she confirmed via social media.

Flakeandrun

Good day and it's been a loooong time posting again...

Do you have any info why this happened? I was really sureprised there's such kind of policy...

Chezka Centeno was asked to change her socks before beginning her Predator Pro Billiard Series Women’s Showdown quarter-final against female world number one Chou Chieh-Yu in Las Vegas.

Centeno, who defeated Chen Siming to crown herself the Women’s Las Vegas Open champion days beforehand, was notified by a tournament official that she would need to change her footwear due to skin being shown.

The Filipina sensation had worn the same footwear during her Women’s Las Vegas Open triumph a week beforehand, although her ankle socks suddenly became a problem ahead of the Showdown quarter-finals.

Being forced to change into footwear deemed more appropriate proved an obvious distraction ahead of her match against the reigning women’s world 9-ball champion, which she confirmed via social media.
Might upset some viewers who are afraid of female skin?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was a strange ruling, if what Chezka wrote is accurate. Here is the stated Dress Code for the Pro Billiard Series events: https://probilliardseries.com/dress-code/. Any long pants have to be "no shorter than 2 inches above the ankle." So I guess they want no skin showing between the shoe and the long pants, but the Code doesn't say that. And women can wear a skirt or dress if it covers the knees. What's the sock policy in that case?

And, most unfortunately, the rules wouldn't seem to allow Jayson Shaw to play in a kilt.

tomatoshooter

If my socks slip down and my pant leg pulls up as I'm stretching for a shot, am I in violation?

According to the article, the dress code did not mandate sock length, it's pretty crappy to make her change her socks right before a match, especially as no one objects to them before. If they want a dress code, that's fine, but it should be clearly stated and if there is a vague area it should be a warning and give sufficient time to change, like the next day or next event.

Flakeandrun

This was a strange ruling, if what Chezka wrote is accurate. Here is the stated Dress Code for the Pro Billiard Series events: https://probilliardseries.com/dress-code/. Any long pants have to be "no shorter than 2 inches above the ankle." So I guess they want no skin showing between the shoe and the long pants, but the Code doesn't say that. And women can wear a skirt or dress if it covers the knees. What's the sock policy in that case?

And, most unfortunately, the rules wouldn't seem to allow Jayson Shaw to play in a kilt.
Gotta please the potential Middle Eastern dollar bills.

Dress codes should be one for all, or not at all.

tomatoshooter

And, most unfortunately, the rules wouldn't seem to allow Jayson Shaw to play in a kilt
I wouldn't consider that unfortunate, although I have thought of covering my table with my clan's tartan.

Seriously, I do get the idea of wanting a certain level of presentation, but there always seems to be some weirdness to dress codes. There is always something missing or unclear.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Flakeandrun

I wouldn't consider that unfortunate, although I have thought of covering my table with my clan's tartan.

Seriously, I do get the idea of wanting a certain level of presentation, but there always seems to be some weirdness to dress codes. There is always something missing or unclear.
Dress codes are necessary for presenting the desired image of the franchise. Gender specific dress codes is the weirdness. One for all, or not at all.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of my first attendances to a WPBA match finals match, Ewa had a dress on for the win, and Alison wore pumps, no socks (that I recall). I guess that’s no good anymore?

Chezna typically wears “high water” pants. She seemed to have won the Las Vegas 10-ball in those type of pants, but we’re saying they are too high if the socks don’t go high enough?

We have lost the plot in Vegas.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the relevant section for the Chezka situation.

PS, I wonder how many players read this entire document. The bathroom breaks are covered, Sky's missing USA patch was covered, doping was covered. It seems AZB and FB went nuts because the players didn't read their own profession's rules.

1709533109140.png

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the relevant section for the Chezka situation.

PS, I wonder how many players read this entire document. The bathroom breaks are covered, Sky's missing USA patch was covered, doping was covered. It seems AZB and FB went nuts because the players didn't read their own profession's rules.

View attachment 746765
Ah, thanks for that iutbr. That is in the "Protocol" document (https://epbfref.link/p/WPA24LV.pdf) but not in the "Dress Code" portion of the website (https://probilliardseries.com/dress-code/).

But Jayson can't wear a kilt under either one; shameful.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i don't know about that. at least wearing a kilt wouldn't be unprecedented. i don't remember the name right now but the best scottish player before jayson used to play in a kilt quite often, in matchroom events etc. it may seem like a joke to us but the kilt is considered equivalent to suit / dress pants, even in formal settings where non-scots must wear a suit