Socks policy

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the relevant section for the Chezka situation.

PS, I wonder how many players read this entire document. The bathroom breaks are covered, Sky's missing USA patch was covered, doping was covered. It seems AZB and FB went nuts because the players didn't read their own profession's rules. ...
Well, in my defense, the document could have said in the pants section, "See also way down below under the national emblem stuff."

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

PS, I wonder how many players read this entire document. The bathroom breaks are covered, Sky's missing USA patch was covered, doping was covered. It seems AZB and FB went nuts because the players didn't read their own profession's rules.

View attachment 746765
It looks like an excerpt from a Sharia Law handbook.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PS, I wonder how many players read this entire document. The bathroom breaks are covered, Sky's missing USA patch was covered, doping was covered. It seems AZB and FB went nuts because the players didn't read their own profession's rules.

View attachment 746765
Absolutely...and the laziness exists beyond pool,, too.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
For NASCAR there is the crash, basketball the dunk or three and billiards has rules.

Billiards may be the only the sport where the rules are contested more than other sports before the match and after a match.

Interesting to billiards is the way players from outside the US interpret rules.

I do not want to name names but some players/organizations interpret rules to abide by, others use them to torture punish and misinform people. Then there are the influencers aimed to influence people in the pool community.

The most recent being the WPA wave to push Matchroom out of sanctioned billiard events. Thankfully the players and Matchroom represented their case and won Saudi sponsorship.

As for socks, some refs are not liberal enough, they are so conservative, they want everyone playing nineball from TCOM of days on slow nappy.

Flakeandrun

i don't know about that. at least wearing a kilt wouldn't be unprecedented. i don't remember the name right now but the best scottish player before jayson used to play in a kilt quite often, in matchroom events etc. it may seem like a joke to us but the kilt is considered equivalent to suit / dress pants, even in formal settings where non-scots must wear a suit
It’s formal attire. Where I’m from has similar.
It looks like an excerpt from a Sharia Law handbook.
’ International audience ‘ or something like that

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 746765

Women must enter the arena 3 paces behind the men.

Rows 1-2 in the audience seating area will be reserved for those with 4+ Rolls Royces and at least 3 wives or 1 wife and 5 concubines.

stewie

reminds me of my league days in Germany 20 years ago. There was a weird, overly strict dress code in league matches. The discussions were endless and not leading anywhere. There had to be black dress pants, black dress shoes, .... Black denims or black sneakers would not cut it and people would complain either way. It was all with the purpose of "elevating the sport" and getting into the Olympics.

Later in the US there were dress codes, too. But the US ones had a few blacklisted items, like ripped pants, tank tops, ..... In Germany it was written, what was allowed. There is a difference in rule making and underlying trust in different cultures. In the US, if there was a rule and you break it, you face the consequences -> the rules worked. In Germany, if somebody breaks the rules, they have to face consequences as well. But to a German, that means the rule didn't work. So, they have to tighten the rules afterwards to prevent it from ever happening again. They can't help themselves.

justnum

Silver Member
Saudis don't pay alimony or child support. They can afford it but the law for marriage is different.

Saudi women know this and are upfront about marriage contracts.

Get Saudi women in the pool room. Imagine if women said what was on their mind, that is a Saudi woman.

Put one in the workplace and they are ready to lead a revolution both physical, mental, relationships, marriages, parenting, legal, economic, cyber and organizationally.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 746765
Here’s what bothers me too about that.

WPA Rule Regulations has a dress code section without that policy:

Women’s Showdown Page has its own dress code section without that policy.
IMG_0851.jpeg

EPBF world 10B championship rules document has that section and declares it trumps all other rules and applies to all the events.

But how would you know to check that document if you weren’t playing in the World 10B event and the event you were playing in had its own contradictory document.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm coming into the thread late, but I guess it begs the question. Has Jayson Shaw worn a kilt to competition in a pro event? I'd love to see a pic.

justnum

Silver Member
If cultural representation happens through athletic wear in formal competition like billiards then are players from ethnic regions of China allowed to wear their traditional long Cheongsam.

Matrix meets billiards. Billiards needs a "Jesus" like character to save pool, any chance they can do matrix resurrection but for billiards. All the asian movie stars in a pool movie, think crazy rich asians but more Crazy Gambling Asians meets Shaolin Soccer.

1709635460322.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm coming into the thread late, but I guess it begs the question. Has Jayson Shaw worn a kilt to competition in a pro event? I'd love to see a pic.

search for pat holtz, he used to wear one in world championships

• Love
Reactions: JAM