Somebody was looking for Bat Head bridges recently

The OP was looking for the original Spinelli bridge heads, not the Chinese knockoffs that are sold on all the pool sites. The real ones have Spinelli printed on them.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

While watching a youtube video I saw a pooldawg ad that had the Bat Head bridges in stock.

http://www.pooldawg.com/product/the-bat-bridgehead?utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=Retargeting&utm_campaign=CRITEO

Personally, I'd find all its "horns" a distraction but if it works for you...
 
This is the Original ....

I carry this one in my 1x2 League Case. I carry a Just-a-Bridge in my larger Cases.
 

Attachments

  • spinali.bridge.gif
    spinali.bridge.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 358
I was the one who posted that. Thanks a lot for the reply. However, Scott is correct. I was specifically looking for the Spinali brand. It is much nicer than the knock offs. The one pictured in the previous post is the exact one I'm looking for.

Thanks anyhow. Anyone else know where I can find one?

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
 
EBay. Several years ago I lucked into a seller that had multiple to sell...so I bought his last four. Gifted off two, lost one at a league playoff, and my last one is in my case. If I had an extra, I would've just sent it to you.

Just keep checking eBay. The real ones came packaged in a plastic hang-bag with a tan header tag. The bridgehead was packaged with a USA sticker inside. That reads:

Spinali Woodworking Modesto, Calif., USA

eve8y2yg.jpg


Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
i know you are not looking for an alternative to the spinalli bridge. But, based on my read the chief complaint is scratching the cue??? If that is the case then I STRONGLY recommend using the X bridge! It uses aero space foam to prevent scratching plus the design allows for use near the rail! I thought they were gone for ever but noticed a supplier with a few and placed the link below. If you would consider an alternative then check it out!

http://www.shootersbilliards.com/X-Bridge.html

Kd
 
The Chinese versions have mold lines, which can cause scratches to the shaft...however, a little sandpaper goes a long way to smoothing those out. The downside to the Chinese versions is that they can snap in two while mounting the bridgehead on a cue...have had two do just that. Hence why I bought the Spinali.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
The Chinese versions have mold lines, which can cause scratches to the shaft...however, a little sandpaper goes a long way to smoothing those out. The downside to the Chinese versions is that they can snap in two while mounting the bridgehead on a cue...have had two do just that. Hence why I bought the Spinali.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Lisa:

Not just the very sharp mould-lines (where the liquid polystyrene "leaks out a bit" from where the two pieces of the mould meet), but the polystyrene plastic itself is also a problem. Yes, that's true -- you can sand those sharp mould-lines down, but another problem that I found with those cheapie Chinese knock-offs is that the polystyrene plastic itself "squeaks" against the wood shaft when you're stroking the cue through/over it. Lots of friction there, and yet another point of "concerned maintenance."

I personally like either leather bridges (like the Tiger Corona), or my new favorite, the London Bridge. The plastic used in the London Bridge is a heavy phenolic, not polystyrene. In fact, if you look close, you can see some kind of weave embedded in it (or at lease a weave pattern -- very noticeable). It also fits very nicely in the "cap" of a large cue case (e.g. 3x6 or 4x8), sitting on top of the cues with the rubber cylinder of the London Bridge pointing down into the case, resting in the space between the cue butts and shafts. This way, it takes no space in your cue case pockets.

And, it's more accurate, too. When using the London Bridge, instead of your cue shaft resting in a wide "U" slot with a rounded bottom (where it can wobble around from side to side), the London Bridge's slots are "V" shaped with a more-pointed bottom -- just like the "V" channel your hand makes when doing an open bridge. The cue shaft is held more stable and kept more accurate.

-Sean

Tiger Corona bridge:
clbn.jpg


London Bridge:
Daryl-Peach-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
Lisa:

Not just the very sharp mould-lines (where the liquid polystyrene "leaks out a bit" from where the two pieces of the mould meet), but the polystyrene plastic itself is also a problem.

I've got like 6 of these faux-Moosehead bridges... I wouldn't have thought for one second they were polystyrene.

The plastic used in the London Bridge is a heavy phenolic, not polystyrene.

I'm going to doubt that, too :)

Freddie <~~~ just saying
 
I've got like 6 of these faux-Moosehead bridges... I wouldn't have thought for one second they were polystyrene.

The plastic snaps easily, Freddie. Just like Lisa was saying. Yes, the solution is to be more gentle, and push the bridge on with pressure located as close to the rubber gasket as possible.

I'm going to doubt that, too :)

Freddie <~~~ just saying

There is a very noticeable "weave" pattern on the flat surfaces of the bridge. Sure, that can be a "faux" pattern, or else a remnant from the mould. But one thing's for sure -- you'd think the "legs" that stick out from it would easily snap off? They don't! I've tried pressing this bridge onto a cue with two hands -- holding the "legs" and they don't budge at all. Anyway, it may or may not be phenolic. But one thing's for sure -- the plastic used is a LOT stronger than those cheapie knock-off Moosehead bridges. That's for darn sure.

-Sean <-- listening, and also saying
 
Lisa:

Not just the very sharp mould-lines (where the liquid polystyrene "leaks out a bit" from where the two pieces of the mould meet), but the polystyrene plastic itself is also a problem. Yes, that's true -- you can sand those sharp mould-lines down, but another problem that I found with those cheapie Chinese knock-offs is that the polystyrene plastic itself "squeaks" against the wood shaft when you're stroking the cue through/over it. Lots of friction there, and yet another point of "concerned maintenance."

I personally like either leather bridges (like the Tiger Corona), or my new favorite, the London Bridge. The plastic used in the London Bridge is a heavy phenolic, not polystyrene. In fact, if you look close, you can see some kind of weave embedded in it (or at lease a weave pattern -- very noticeable). It also fits very nicely in the "cap" of a large cue case (e.g. 3x6 or 4x8), sitting on top of the cues with the rubber cylinder of the London Bridge pointing down into the case, resting in the space between the cue butts and shafts. This way, it takes no space in your cue case pockets.

And, it's more accurate, too. When using the London Bridge, instead of your cue shaft resting in a wide "U" slot with a rounded bottom (where it can wobble around from side to side), the London Bridge's slots are "V" shaped with a more-pointed bottom -- just like the "V" channel your hand makes when doing an open bridge. The cue shaft is held more stable and kept more accurate.

-Sean

Tiger Corona bridge:
clbn.jpg


London Bridge:
Daryl-Peach-3.jpg

I have the Corona leather bridgehead in my case as well....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
I'll stick to the more traditional bridgeheads. If you're proficient at using a bridge, they fit the bill quite satisfactorily.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
I bought one of Madman's One Pocket bridges and am a complete convert to it! Made of leather and has enormous reach when you put it on its side. Great bridge, it fits well in the short pocket of my case.
 
I bought one of Madman's One Pocket bridges and am a complete convert to it! Made of leather and has enormous reach when you put it on its side. Great bridge, it fits well in the short pocket of my case.

Pic or link?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
The plastic snaps easily, Freddie. Just like Lisa was saying. Yes, the solution is to be more gentle, and push the bridge on with pressure located as close to the rubber gasket as possible.
If you take two of these faux-Moosehead bridges and rub them together and they start to stick to each other, then they're polystyrene. In fact, they'd start to squeak. Otherwise, I'll guess they're something else. Maybe Nylon.


There is a very noticeable "weave" pattern on the flat surfaces of the bridge. Sure, that can be a "faux" pattern, or else a remnant from the mould.

I'd need a better photo I guess. It (London Bridge) looks injection molded to me. Could be a filler that has noticeable fibers. Else, it would have to be machined, but it doesn't look machined.
 
Wow! Wish I had known that a few days ago. I came right through Modesto, on my way to Fresno, and would have stopped in, just to see if they had any old stock laying around!

Kerry...You should email or call this company just to ask about the bridge head!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Just keep checking eBay. The real ones came packaged in a plastic hang-bag with a tan header tag. The bridgehead was packaged with a USA sticker inside. That reads:

Spinali Woodworking Modesto, Calif., USA

eve8y2yg.jpg


Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top