Something's Funny about the US Bar Table Tournament

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Is it just me, or does is seem as if there's a conspiracy against covering the US Bar Table Championships this week? Even AZ Billiards has been very quiet on the tournament. With one of the biggest events of the year, The homepage news on AZ this week has been about Pool Idol, Jasmin Oschean, and the Fujiwara tournament. You would think that AZ would have given tons of coverage to the Bar Table events.

This gets me wondering.....Is there something about the tournament that pissed off the Powers-That-Be in Pool? Or at least the AZ contingent. Maybe the organizers (I assume the BCA) are not well liked among their peers, or if there is some underlying conflict.

I don't want to be the prophet of doom, ( that's BlackJack :) ), and I haven't heard anything specifically. It just seems funny that there is no coverage on this somewhat Major event.

Mike
 
I thought the same when logged on. Unless I missed it there is not any mention of it or any brackets shown mention of players participating.
 
Well stated

There's another thread going with the same complaint. I vote for better coveerage also. And bartender, set up the house!
 
I think that Barack Obama has put a stop to good tournament coverage. At least that's the word on the streets. I urge everyone to vote Republican or this will probably continue.
 
LOL pretty funny. I hope he's not a secret member of the estemed:

"Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice"

I can't believe I feel sorry for Hillary right now... But I know she will be easier to beat than Obama
 
corvette1340 said:
I think that Barack Obama has put a stop to good tournament coverage. At least that's the word on the streets. I urge everyone to vote Republican or this will probably continue.
Actually, the Bush / Republican administration has been the problem. With the Republicans controlling all three branches (congress, senate and presidency), the government grew, and deficit spending increased, the national debt grew astronomically, gas prices went up significantly (more than doubled) and the value of the dollar has decreased...

Seems to me, how could AZ or anyone else afford to actually provide good coverage...
 
FLICKit said:
Actually, the Bush / Republican administration has been the problem. With the Republicans controlling all three branches (congress, senate and presidency), the government grew, and deficit spending increased, the national debt grew astronomically, gas prices went up significantly (more than doubled) and the value of the dollar has decreased...

Seems to me, how could AZ or anyone else afford to actually provide good coverage...

Well, that's the good news, what's the bad?
 
FLICKit said:
Actually, the Bush / Republican administration has been the problem. With the Republicans controlling all three branches (congress, senate and presidency), the government grew, and deficit spending increased, the national debt grew astronomically, gas prices went up significantly (more than doubled) and the value of the dollar has decreased...

Seems to me, how could AZ or anyone else afford to actually provide good coverage...


This is the man that will bring back good tournament coverage....
 

Attachments

  • political scene.jpg
    political scene.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 236
The action report boys have been all over it. They have been on this website every day promoting it.
 
I found it a bit frustrating too. Very little coverage from either of two of the biggest sites for billiard news.. AZ or InsidePool. Inside has at least mentioned it. Thank God for TAR!!!
 
alstl said:
The action report boys have been all over it. They have been on this website every day promoting it.
There's no doubt that TAR does an excellent job. But usually, AZ does as well. They haven't had anything on it. I would at least like to see brackets so I can find out how my favorite players did in the tournament.
 
Back
Top