Southwest cue at a low, low price!

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I've had this nice SW cue for a couple of years now, and it's a great playing cue! Unfortunately for me, my local pool hall has closed down, and I no longer actively play more than once or twice per month in my own basement, so It's time to let a few things go...

This beautiful cue has 3 high and 3 low points of ebony, in a forearm of goncalo alves that has beautiful grain which I hope shows up in the photos. Veneers are maple, black, maple, and I believe I recall that 3 veneer SW cues are not very common. The wrap is black linen, and the butt sleeve is Macasar ebony, which is more very dark brown than black. Ring work is traditional Southwest style.

UN-like every Southwest cue that I have ever seen, the shaft on this cue is straight as an arrow! However, (here is where you're going to save a ton of money...) the butt does have a slight warp to it. I have been told that a good cue maker can replace the handle of the butt and correct the issue entirely, but that I do not know, and so I cannot guarantee that. The warp is minor, and the cue plays super solid, but I want to be up front about any flaws that I know of. Also, there are two small chips in the finish at the very bottom edge of the butt cap. (See pics) This cue is a player, but has no major dents or dings.

I am offering this Southwest cue with one shaft for only $XXXX with free shipping anywhere in the continental US. (International shipping is on your dime.) Payment via PayPal only please, and since I'm paying for the shipping, the PP fees are on you.

This is a great cue for someone who wants a nice Southwest player, at a very reasonable price.

I will try to weigh this cue and update this post this afternoon, but it's in the 19 oz range.
*** SOLD *** SOLD *** SOLD ***!

Last edited: