Stevie Moore Playing on Live Stream Now

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing at our bar in Birmingham, first round of the 9 ball tournament. Up 5 - 0 in a race to 9. Watchpool.net Free.

Rob Saez got a first round bye and will likely play his first match tomorrow. Tom Kennedy drew a local favorite and strong player. Not sure who will be on the next streaming match.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Awesome stream Mark.

Really enjoyed watching Tommy play. He sure can play a little on the bar box...

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Kennedy must have been taught by McCready. Similar sidearm stroke, jumps up on almost every shot ... and wins! There's some very strong no name players in that field. David Rowell got took out by a no name. Some other no name took Stevie to hill-hill in the second round.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For God sakes its a crappy bar box 9-ball tournament, who cares... Anybody can win or get beat. I hate those cheap Valleys about as much as I like 9 ball. If they were playing on diamonds *(10-ball) it would be worth playing in. Pool needs help moving forward...

r

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree.

For God sakes its a crappy bar box 9-ball tournament, who cares... Anybody can win or get beat. I hate those cheap Valleys about as much as I like 9 ball. If they were playing on diamonds *(10-ball) it would be worth playing in. Pool needs help moving forward...

r

I DON"T want to derail the thread BUT 7 foot tables are for beginners and bar rooms. It saddens me to see 'pro' level players playing on them. I can see the future of pool on the new big thing; 3 X 5 tables with the new Aramith 1 1/2 inch pool balls!

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess it depends on where you live. In my area it's barboxes everywhere unless you go to a poolhall. I would say. If you can't beat someone on a barbox don't whine that you could beat them on a big table. Not everyone plays on 9ft tables and likewise. Not everyone plays on a barbox. Play you game with whats available.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reality is, the pool playing demographic as a whole can't afford Diamond tables. The business owner is spending $250 per month on the space that 7' bar box consumes and you have players that only come in when the tables are open and has a glass of water. You have APA Teams that demand no greens fees and for the bar to pay 1/2 their nightly league fees if you want them to come in and play at your facility. If I didn't love pool, I'd never consider putting money into it from a business perspective.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I guess it depends on where you live. In my area it's barboxes everywhere unless you go to a poolhall. I would say. If you can't beat someone on a barbox don't whine that you could beat them on a big table. Not everyone plays on 9ft tables and likewise. Not everyone plays on a barbox. Play you game with whats available.

Ummm.... not for nuthin, but ... isn't a pool hall where you're supposed to go to play pool? :shrug: :scratchhead:

I always thought a bar was where you went to get drunk and stupid, pick up long sticks and start yelling at each other over 8 ball rules that change from block to block on toy tables.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reality is, the pool playing demographic as a whole can't afford Diamond tables. The business owner is spending $250 per month on the space that 7' bar box consumes and you have players that only come in when the tables are open and has a glass of water. You have APA Teams that demand no greens fees and for the bar to pay 1/2 their nightly league fees if you want them to come in and play at your facility. If I didn't love pool, I'd never consider putting money into it from a business perspective.

REALITY SUX!! Well anyway, you know what I mean.... Guess I am one of the lucky ones the place I play leagues at has 16 9 foot Diamond tables, pro cut pockets and all have the blue label rails with Simonis cloth. Guess I am just plain spoiled......

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REALITY SUX!! Well anyway, you know what I mean.... Guess I am one of the lucky ones the place I play leagues at has 16 9 foot Diamond tables, pro cut pockets and all have the blue label rails with Simonis cloth. Guess I am just plain spoiled......

Yes, there are times it really sux. LOL Indeed, you are very lucky to have that kind of place to play at. I wish the local demographic in Birmingham would support that.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Yes, there are times it really sux. LOL Indeed, you are very lucky to have that kind of place to play at. I wish the local demographic in Birmingham would support that.

Any updates? I'm not sure what I'm watching is live
BTW I LOVE the barbox

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member

There are two places in town that have Diamond bar boxes, and we're lucky to have them. A 7' Diamond with pro cut pockets (IMO) is just as formidable an opponent as a lot of 9' tables. The USBTC is one of my favorite tournaments to watch. Although, I really like watching the Bigfoot challenge at the derby also. I'd like to see some 14.1 on a 10 footer.

Ben

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
There are two places in town that have Diamond bar boxes, and we're lucky to have them. A 7' Diamond with pro cut pockets (IMO) is just as formidable an opponent as a lot of 9' tables. The USBTC is one of my favorite tournaments to watch. Although, I really like watching the Bigfoot challenge at the derby also. I'd like to see some 14.1 on a 10 footer.
Ben

Try 9.1 on a Diamond bar table.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Stevie is on now playing a strong local. Tom Kennedy is playing a young man from mobile I think. Stoney Stone is playing strong on the losers side, he took out Rob Saez.