Stolen league money

Laubach.Baguio

Registered
I have already chalked it up to a loss. ....

I’m just not the type of person that gets stressed out over something like this.
I’m disappointed for sure, but legal action is not worth my time and energy. The extent of my wasted energy on this will be a phone call (or three) to make sure a report was filed with the same info he gave us, and this thread.

Some people are claiming they needed this money to buy groceries, etc. if that’s true, they shouldn’t be playing in a pool league. I can live just fine without this money, it just sucks a little.

Edited to add: the police department is about an hour from my house, the Phoenix area is kinda big.

Yes, why get stressed out. ! If ever let the league , police do its job. find out the truth & get the money back.

Last edited:

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh hell, let's just forget about it, $19,000.00 ain't much!

Nice...

Being a league player as well as a league operator, I have pictured myself on both sides of this situation.

I can't say that I would be dealing with it the same as anyone notably involved has stated yet.
As a LO, it's time for a savings withdraw, loan, etc...I own people money fast.
As a player... I am livid and want my payout; this would only be subdued by the LO's actions as far as police reports, updates, volunteer poly...
Easy E shouldn't need go find a report, call the station, etc...Odds are that the police don't care who he is anyway. It is the LO's house the was robbed, he is currently the only one that can get information other than public records that most likely haven't been updated yet.
That said, I am still at the police station verifying there is an actual case/investigation.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Nice...

Being a league player as well as a league operator, I have pictured myself on both sides of this situation.

I can't say that I would be dealing with it the same as anyone notably involved has stated yet.
As a player... I am livid and want my payout; this would only be subdued by the LO's actions as far as police reports, updates, volunteer poly...
Easy E shouldn't need go find a report, call the station, etc...Odds are that the police don't care who he is anyway. It is the LO's house the was robbed, he is currently the only one that can get information other than public records that most likely haven't been updated yet.
That said, I am still at the police station verifying there is an actual case/investigation.

Easily the most reasoned post in the thread....

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why sue the league operator and exclude the league itself with the big pockets???

Makes no sense! BCA has some liability for this issue and failed to make adequate consumer protections! Plus, they could afford it! Even though the league owner may be broke.

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Haha, ya right BCA/CSI......

When this happened in houston in 2009 right before nationals there was a meeting in vegas with the L.O., BCA/CSI bought his story and was going to let him come back and run the league AGAIN, with the intention to pay off the past league monies as well. Now, when a bunch of the league players in Vegas heard this there was yet another meeting that took place with alot of those players attending with input now and the L.O. was not allowed to run the league anymore after this meeting.........

Just goes to show they usually believe the L.O. over everything. You need a big showing in order to overturn them, which is what we had.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any response from the BCAPL headquarters ?

Or

Is it " no comment" still?

Kd

I’ve never reached out to them, and have no plans to. We were initially told that they have no involvement or responsibility to reimburse us. I believe that. If they were going to be held responsible for stolen funds, I’d imagine they would maintain more control.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the record, I was only going to see about $750 of that. Not exactly life changing money.

Everyone is different especially when it comes to money. I know a guy who tried for 45 minutes to get a quarter out from under his car seat. After 10 minutes- I was rooting for the quarter.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice...

This is exactly the position I’ve taken. I just want to make sure it’s being investigated. I doubt I’ll ever see a nickel. I also am planning on playing again next session (there is a different league manager).

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is different especially when it comes to money. I know a guy who tried for 45 minutes to get a quarter out from under his car seat. After 10 minutes- I was rooting for the quarter.

That’s funny. I know we have enough of those people pushing this issue within our league that something will happen.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
19000 = 190 x $100 bills
19000 = 380 x $50 bills
19000 = 950 x $20 bills
19000 = 1900 x $10 bills
19000 = 3800 x $5 bills

Point is no small safe could hold that kind of cash " physically"

Second, the money was given in small denominations!

Third, even a moron would notice that the safe was filling up and realize that this is a safety issue.

Kd

If it was a mix of 20s and 100s it would only be about the size of a paperback copy of Stephen King’s “It”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what did they say when you called them . . . after they stopped laughing.

Why would I call them? I don't have any info on the matter, and have no vested interest. They'd never talk to me. Doesn't hurt to call (or email, because it's just as easy). Worst they can say is no.

nothings going to happen as long as the most vocal guy wont even drive down to the police station and expects to get any info or results with a phone call.

Exactly.

It’s a private group page, I think you’d have to be invited to join by a member.

Got you. Thought it was an open forum type.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was a mix of 20s and 100s it would only be about the size of a paperback copy of Stephen King’s “It”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From experience... (1% 100s and 50s), (30% 20s), (50% 10s) and a PILE of 5s and 1s.
It's going to be a stack but it would fit in what I have seen as far as a small safe.
These things are about the side of a normal Igloo cooler.
However, these safes are to keep your kids, family, friends, visitors, house keepers, etc. away from your stuff, not 19k that belongs to others.

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
From experience... (1% 100s), (30% 20s), (50% 10s) and a PILE of 5s and 1s.
It's going to be a stack but it would fit in what I have seen as far as a small safe.
These things are about the side of a normal Igloo cooler.
However, these safes are to keep your kids, family, friends, visitors, house keepers, etc. away from your stuff, not 19k that belongs to others.
2 x 100 = 200
300 x 20 = 6000
950 x 10 = 9500
760 x 5 = 3800
total = $19,500
760 + 300 + 950 +2 = 2012 bills of us currency

That's a lot

using your figures and "no" one dollar bills!!!

kd

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 x 100 = 200
300 x 20 = 6000
950 x 10 = 9500
760 x 5 = 3800
total = $19,500

That's a lot

kd

Yes it is and this LO was keeping this at his home...
I know this because I use to manage my league's funds out of a safety deposit box.
It is simply much easier making weekly deposits.
I let the bank know a week ahead of time when it's payout time and I show up with pre-labeled (amounts) envelops. The bank allows me to stuff the envelops onsite.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 x 100 = 200
300 x 20 = 6000
950 x 10 = 9500
760 x 5 = 3800
total = $19,500

That's a lot

kd

A dollar bill has a flat area of 6.14 inches × 2.61 inches = 16.0254 square inches. The bill is 0.0043 inches thin. If you really need to know the volume of the dollar bill, then the volume is: 6.14 inches × 2.61 inches × 0.0043 inches = 0.06890922 cubic inches. By 19,000 individual $1 bills: 1,309.27518 cubic inches. Divide by 12 to get cubic feet. 109.106265 Cubic feet.

For the number of bills you use: approximately 139 cubic inches. Converted to feet: 11 cubic feet.

A small safe like you buy at Walmart will not do, no matter how you divide the bills.