Sugartree

sheffield6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Is it possible to buy a used Sugartree for around $500, Would be glad of any advice, or offers, thanks.

ghost121

All I get is six words?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Sugartrees usually go for around $1500 to $2500 depending on spec. Cheapest I've seen is about $1200, not sure if any come in under that. If you like Sugartree playing characteristics - in other words firm and precise - then a lot of Jeff Olney cues play similar and are of equal quality. It is possible to pick up a used Olney with one shaft for a little less than $500. I have both, so this is from direct experience.

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I think the cheapest I have seen a sneaky advertised for was $600 and seen them go as high as $900. His player cues are almost always in the four figures.

Integrale

will work for cues.....
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
the cheapest i have seen was about 650$ and that was for a sneaky without ringwork and just 1 Shaft. Sneakys with typical ringwork and two shafts go for 900$ to 1200$ and wrapless plain janes fromm 1000$ to 1600$. Pointed cues start at 1600$. This said, that`s my experience of the second hand market in the last 2 years.

David

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
When I posted I wanted a Plain Jane Sugartree about a month ago, there were 5 ST cues that were in the 600.00 -750.00 range. I bought 2 of them, but I can look through my emails at work monday and give you the ID of the 3 other cues that were in that price range.......I did get about 6 cues offered in the 850-950 range though. I am sure you have some offers already maybe...

AZ member Zeek had a really nice one I was interested in, I think it was 650.00 (going off bad memory here so dont hold me to that price) but I had already bought 2.

Good luck in your search
Shawn

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
AZ member Zeek had a really nice one I was interested in, I think it was 650.00 (going off bad memory here so dont hold me to that price) but I had already bought 2.

Actually, mine is higher than that but I still have it.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you can find someone willing to sell one of the sneaky conversions out there you'd have a chance.

Probably closer to 6-7 though. Lot of great cues in that price range, but be hard to find a ST at 5.