SVB/Chohan Updates

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This just popped into my head. Why isn't TRex a MC regular? He can count to 9 and ain't no dog.
By all means, you can list his nine-ball accomplishments and we'll be able to consider the matter. Unless your name is Earl Strickland, you only get onto Team USA through outstanding performance in 9ball or 10ball in the current year. To my knowledge, Tony is not even a regular participant in the 9ball or 10ball majors on the pool calendar.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By all means, you can list his nine-ball accomplishments and we'll be able to consider the matter. Unless your name is Earl Strickland, you only get onto Team USA through outstanding performance in 9ball or 10ball in the current year. To my knowledge, Tony is not even a regular participant in the 9ball or 10ball majors on the pool calendar.
I get this but for a few days of short sets what do you think? Is he missing qualifications? Not pool that's for sure. Mosconi had no 9 ball quals to speak of either...

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right and I'm actually kinda curious why not now. I just saw he's a 780 something Fargo. Since they don't count banks or one hole that makes him a pretty serious rotation player. Maybe not a fav in a big tourney but at least a threat. Oscar or Al Shaheen kinda territory. On paper anyway.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you, but it might be time to change gears and give us some new guys to root for win or lose...., Tony Chohan, Josh Roberts, Donny Mills, Kelly Fisher?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right and I'm actually kinda curious why not now. I just saw he's a 780 something Fargo. Since they don't count banks or one hole that makes him a pretty serious rotation player. Maybe not a fav in a big tourney but at least a threat. Oscar or Al Shaheen kinda territory. On paper anyway.

i think they do count one pocket now. his fargo was lower before they did.

anyway, he's a great player even in rotation, but he seems to like playing it about as much as shane likes one pocket. he didn't want to go to the intl open, didn't want to go to the US open, don't bother much with the 10-ball. says being on the MC would mean a cut in pay for him. maybe true, maybe just talk

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Actually, while you were right until less than a year ago, the recent inclusion of one pocket in Fargo calculations gave Tony about a 25-point bump.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, while you were right until less than a year ago, the recent inclusion of one pocket in Fargo calculations gave Tony about a 25-point bump.
It started at the 1P US Open in Vegas last year

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is interesting I hope Mike Page will comment. Tony has over 4000 games in the system , there can't be enough 1 pocket games since last year to raise it 25 points. At least that is the way I see it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This is interesting I hope Mike Page will comment. Tony has over 4000 games in the system , there can't be enough 1 pocket games since last year to raise it 25 points. At least that is the way I see it.
I can't speak for Mike and I'm going on memory regarding the size of the bump, but it's more than likely that Mike also used past one pocket results, not just those from the date he opted to include one pocket in Fargo calculations and forward. Of course, I just don't know for sure.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony would be a great fit for the Mosconi. Dude can handle the pressure better than anyone. He can play some pretty good rotation and a race to 5 he can definitely beat anyone.

I also think if he was selected he would take it a little more seriously. He's a better pick than a lot of other players that have been selected in the past.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony will be tough to be right now..he wants to win for Amar.
I thought the same thing. I just didn’t say it. 🙏🏼 I didn’t bet this match either. Just didn’t sit well with me to make a bet. Might sound weird but I just didn’t. Not a $ thing, just hope Tony’s good as he can be during this time. It’s tough action losing family(I have zero-not even a cousin)

Hope it’s close and they both play great and play again.

SVB looks cool with his black & white cloths

My 4¢

Fatboy😃

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought the same thing. I just didn’t say it. 🙏🏼 I didn’t bet this match either. Just didn’t sit well with me to make a bet. Might sound weird but I just didn’t. Not a $ thing, just hope Tony’s good as he can be during this time. It’s tough action losing family(I have zero-not even a cousin)

Hope it’s close and they both play great and play again.

SVB looks cool with his black & white cloths

My 4¢

Fatboy😃
Tony declared that this one is for Amar.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony had a pretty good jump when one pocket games went in. But a lot of it was just getting a bunch of more recent games. He hasn't been entering many stand-alone rotation events, and generally he'd only been getting rotation games in when a room had a 9-Ball event in conjunction with a one-pocket event. I think he's just rated more accurately now.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony had a pretty good jump when one pocket games went in. But a lot of it was just getting a bunch of more recent games. He hasn't been entering many stand-alone rotation events, and generally he'd only been getting rotation games in when a room had a 9-Ball event in conjunction with a one-pocket event. I think he's just rated more accurately now.
More accurate for rotation ? That doesn't seem to be the case from his past.