SVB in Kuwait 9-ball Open

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Does anyone have an update on how Shane's doing in Kuwait? Johann Chua posted that he (Chua) is already in the quarterfinals of the tournament. Wonder how Shane's doing. I'd very much like for both of them to "meet" again. :smile:

12801300_473279492875357_3138766855796687061_n.jpg

Last edited:

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think it is the Khalid Saleh Al-Ghunaim 9 ball Tournament. Kuwait 9 Ball Open is in the fall?

Sorry, no results info.

Looks like Oscar is there, too. Edit: Scratch that...he's playing in the Chinook Winds Open.

Attachments

• KS.jpg
    KS.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,865
Last edited:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
here's a clearer photo:

001.jpg

I heard Ralf is playing too. that guy on light blue shirt is Radoslaw Babica, and the guy on grey is Qatar's Waleed Majid.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impressed

I am impressed that Shane would travel to Kuwait to play in a tournament. How much money does the winner get? That has to be an expensive trip. I hope there is a big purse for who ever wins.

Where can I place a legal bet on Shane!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I agree with Jay that it is not a big purse event. When Shane was watching the fireworks this New Years, he said he was going to visit that country. So I believe it's a vacation a and a little pool. Johnnyt

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While listening to Oscar at his Top Gun event, he said there are two events in that region that he will be playing in, and that helped justify the cost of travel to Kuwait.

Not sure what the other event is, or was.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who won? Per their website, the finals was held, March 12 at 7 pm Kuwait time. That is 11 am, March 11, today Friday in US EST. Therefore, it is over already.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who won? Per their website, the finals was held, March 12 at 7 pm Kuwait time. That is 11 am, March 11, today Friday in US EST. Therefore, it is over already.

You need to work on that time zone math. Google the current time in Kuwait.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's hope Shane can overcome the 'overseas pony' that's been on his back, these last few years.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk