SVB & Sarah Rousey Pool School in Austin, TX Feb 16th & 17th

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sarah is joining Shane to hold a few pool schools in Austin on President's day and the day after that. Shane will be at tournaments until then so I'm coordinating the registrations for him. Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions...details below.
ShaneandSarah.jpg

Last edited:

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Maybe him and Stevie Moore can get together like Strickland and Archer...
That would be sweet....

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just added sarah to the flyer...She's my favorite WPBA player so I'm really excited she'll be joining Shane for this.

Last edited:

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tuesday spots are filling up fast. So anyone that is planning on attending, please contact me to reserve your spot. You can pay the day of the pool school.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Why Austin have to be so far away :(:(:(

Word out that there is a Big Bar table tournmanet at White Diamonds in March. If SVB is still around please pass the word somone

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Wish you all the best turn out for the Pool School. I wish I could be in 2 places at one time but I think I will have better odds t attending your future school closer to me... Where ever I maybe.

Good luck:)

A.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
CrisDeLaGarza said:
Sarah is joining Shane to hold a few pool schools in Austin on President's day and the day after that. Shane will be at tournaments until then so I'm coordinating the registrations for him. Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions...details below.
ShaneandSarah.jpg
sarah hook me up half price.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
filluptieu said:
this should be on a weekend... damnit i have work and class

There are big tournaments on the weekends before and after this so this was the only time to do it. There's a Fast Eddies Tour stop Valentine's weekend then Shane & Sarah are both leaving to Turning Stone the day after the pool schools.

Monday is a holiday though, most people are off of work.

JMuck

Silver Member
I think the addition of Sarah Rousey to the SVB pool school is a great fit.After quietly following The Action Report for some time I found Sarah to be on top of the comentators list.She stayed focused, had a keen sense
of what players strengths were and good technical understanding on shot selection,position play, saftey play and how to execute. Shane is one of the brightest men I've ever known. He is famouse here in the Black Hills for his ability to observe complex things and to quickly incorporate them into his game or life. With Shanes experience and technical backround and Sarahs communication skills this can't help being a must see!

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poison Cues Presents the Pro Pool Charity Challenge in Austin, TX

Poison Cues presents the Pro Pool Charity Challenge in Austin, TX. Professional players will team up for a night of challenge matches to raise money for the American Diabetes Association. The challenge will begin at 7:00pm on Monday, February 16th at G-Cue Billiards in Austin, TX. The event will feature two WPBA pros, Sarah Rousey and Heather Pulford, as well as Shane VanBoening and James Davis, Sr., both of which are former Texas Open 9-ball Champions.

Rousey, a resident of Bloomington, IL, had a recent top 3 finish at the WPBA Tour Championships in Florida. She finished the 2008 season ranked 12th on the WPBA points list. Her opponent, Heather Pulford, also a regular on the WPBA tour, will be competing for her hometown crowd as G-Cue Billiards is her home poolhall.

VanBoening and James Davis, Sr. have played against each other several times over the past year at various tournaments around Texas, beginning with the Texas Open where VanBoening eventually captured the title. Spectators will get to see a re-match of the Houston Open finals where Davis defeated VanBoening.

Proceeds raised will benefit the American Diabetes Association, a charity that is of special importance to Sarah Rousey. At the age of 10, Sarah was diagnosed with Type I diabetes. “Having something wrong with you at a young age really scares other kids. I got to be the butt of the joke or people thought they could catch Diabetes by being around me. All of this fueled me to play pool” Sarah said.

“When I was 20, I had a serious low blood sugar scare which landed me in the hospital. I decided it was time to get an insulin pump. When I made this decision I told myself it was time to be an advocate and not be ashamed. I started educating people rather than hiding. It's amazing how understanding people can be when you just let them in.”

A special thanks to Poison Cues for their support and contribution of cues and products which will be raffled at the event. For more information contact Cristina De La Garza at (512) 799-9675 or crisdlg2005@yahoo.com.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
StudntofHmanMvs said:
So, is there going to be a cover charge? If so, how much? Thanks.

It might just be a donation or it will be a very minimal charge like $3 or $5...all proceeds going to the charity. Shane & Sarah will make that decision once they get to Austin.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If you can manage it, don't miss this opportunity. Shane and Sarah are two of the jewels in the crown of American pool.

They should be in a very good mood, too. In his most recent major competitive event, Shane won the Derby City Nineball and in her most recent major competition, Sarah came third at the WPBA National Championships.

It's not every day of the week that an opportunity like this comes your way.

StudntofHmanMvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
...It's not every day of the week that an opportunity like this comes your way.

I agree 100 percent. Cris, you can put me down for a $10 donation. I'd give more, but I'm just a broke county worker/pool player. Which is why I can't attend their clinic.
:sad:

Dennis