SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the possibility of a very high run is a strong possibility.

At the American 14.1 I think it was JF who told BC that he runs 200. When Bobby asked him how many times he did that Josuha said, "I run 200 every day."

Lou Figueroa
We shall see...looking forward to it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yet you believe that without video proof or witnesses right😅🤣

We're not talking about an official record, just pool players talking.

In any case, he demonstrated he's the real deal at the American 14.1. Heard he's not doing so badly at the International either. And he's expressed interest in participating in our soiree, so perhaps then you can see for yourself... if we don't ban you : -)

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member
We're not talking about an official record, just pool players talking.

In any case, he demonstrated he's the real deal at the American 14.1. Heard he's not doing so badly at the International either. And he's expressed interest in participating in our soiree, so perhaps then you can see for yourself... if we don't ban you : -)

Lou Figueroa
Ban me?😅🤣😂

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mistake me for being a groupie like you😅🤣🤩

I take you for someone who has enough interest in the subject to be frequently posting in this thread ;-)

And please, let's not devolve into name calling. If you need that in your life wander over to the Aiming Forum.

Lou Figueroa

realtor1618

Registered
I think the possibility of a very high run is a strong possibility.

At the American 14.1 I think it was JF who told BC that he runs 200. When Bobby asked him how many times he did that Josuha said, "I run 200 every day."

Lou Figueroa
That’s what the announcers were saying. However, when Filler was announcing they were talking about it and he said he practices 14.1 daily but doesn’t usually go past 100.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s what the announcers were saying. However, when Filler was announcing they were talking about it and he said he practices 14.1 daily but doesn’t usually go past 100.

Don't know.

Only know what Filler told BC.

Lou Figueroa

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't know.

Lou Figueroa
I think what you know is what Bobby said, not what Filler said. I, too, heard what Filler said (while commentating) about usually stopping at 100. But I don't think Bobby just made up what he said -- probably a matter of some wires getting crossed somehow. One possibility is that Filler actually did practice to higher runs years ago but not currently.

Last edited:

realtor1618

Registered
Don't know.

Lou Figueroa
Somebody misspoke or misunderstood. I know that Filler said that he only goes to 100. I heard it on the broadcast and I am sure I am not the only one. That being said, he is definitely one of the favorites.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what you know is what Bobby said, not what Filler said. I, too, heard what Filler said (while commentating) about usually stopping at 100. But I don't think Bobby just made up what he said -- probably a matter of some wires getting crossed somehow. One possibility is that Filler actually did practice to higher runs years ago but not currently.

wow, that is some serious word parsing, but no -- I confirmed via text yesterday what Filler said to BC: 200.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody misspoke or misunderstood. I know that Filler said that he only goes to 100. I heard it on the broadcast and I am sure I am not the only one. That being said, he is definitely one of the favorites.

I think we'll eventually get clarification.

Lou Figueroa

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is some clarity. Joshua Filler told me when practices on a 4 1/8 inch pocket table he runs 200 and stops on a daily basis. If he somewhere said he runs a 100 only it's a good chance it's on a easier table that he is just trying to stay in stroke on. Just imagine if all the days he ran 100 or 200 and continued till he missed. No doubt in my mind 700 or more would have happened multiple times on a standard pocket size table. Also to note Varner has told me he has ran to 150 and stopped hundreds of times and 100 and stopped so many times he couldn't even imagine and Mosconi probably ran 100 and 150 and stopped thousands of times. If all these runs and many others from other players would have never stopped and continued on till they missed who knows how many 700 plus runs would have happened. One thing is for sure all the World Champions at our event will not stop at any certain number so we will see what happens.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.48.16 AM.png

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if during your events, you fail repeatedly to produce a new high run record, do you then pay tribute to John Schmidt for HIS accomplishment for setting a record so high YOUR events fail to break it?
This is how shit gets done by people who know what they’re doing and have the drive and resources to finish a project. I applaud everyone involved no matter the results. Especially the players who are stepping up and taking their shot.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here is some clarity. Joshua Filler told me when practices on a 4 1/8 inch pocket table he runs 200 and stops on a daily basis. If he somewhere said he runs a 100 only it's a good chance it's on a easier table that he is just trying to stay in stroke on. Just imagine if all the days he ran 100 or 200 and continued till he missed. No doubt in my mind 700 or more would have happened multiple times on a standard pocket size table. Also to note Varner has told me he has ran to 150 and stopped hundreds of times and 100 and stopped so many times he couldn't even imagine and Mosconi probably ran 100 and 150 and stopped thousands of times. If all these runs and many others from other players would have never stopped and continued on till they missed who knows how many 700 plus runs would have happened. One thing is for sure all the World Champions at our event will not stop at any certain number so we will see what happens.
Yeah, and they can all run 10+ packs playing 9 ball, they just don't want to show off in tournaments doing it.