SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
babe ruths record was broken although not under the same conditions and equipment. thats progress we have to accept.

but it was broken in sanctioned games.

how about someone breaks it in some kind of home run derby.

another way to look at it would babe ruth if here now make a better record or would he be eclipsed by the new breed of players. i think he would.

would moscoini if here compete well with all the new players, i dont know but i would think it would be close.
Mosconi's run was in exhibition play, just like John's. Willie's run was NOT in sanctioned play....the only difference was that there was initially an opponent with Willie...and it was on a smaller table.

Jaden

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
equipment changes the way it is played as well. in the old days of no air conditioning and slow wool felt you didnt want to blast in to the pack and try to open it as many times they didnt open and left you safe.

the pockets may be tighter today but the tables play much easier with the new cloths, and balls

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
so to clear things up for me since i dont do facebook. is each players total tries from start to finish streamed in real time live.

that would give credibility unlike that last one which was recorded and not shown publicly for a time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so to clear things up for me since i dont do facebook. is each players total tries from start to finish streamed in real time live.

that would give credibility unlike that last one which was recorded and not shown publicly for a time.

I’m not on site but as I understand it: yes.

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the link? I clicked on the FB link in the first post and I only see the introductory video from 3 months ago.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m digging this. Have the football game and the World Series on the big screen and instead I’ve been watching Shane run balls on an IPad. He makes it look sooooo easy.