SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will there be a counter on the screen tracking the run? I didn't see it during Shane's practice.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is something about the run attempts... the man v mountain thing, that has an almost transcendental, inescapable, can't pull my eyes away thing about it.

Admittedly, its not for everyone. But for many of us... you start to watch... and get sucked in... wondering where the cliff is.

Lou Figueroa
I love it
No question that was the feeling watching Schmidt on livestream, especially when the cliff came at ~490.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell yeah.

Watching Shane warm up was entertaining enough - watching these guys go for it will be days on end of free educational greatness. Sign me up and save the drama for your mama.

I hope the high run vids will be accessible afterwards.

pj <- kudos to Lou and the organizers
chgo

Thank you, PJ.

I will tell eveyone out there this: IF you watch and carefully observe, you will learn things you do not know. AND, as you see different styles of play -- particularly the difference between 9ball players and 14.1 mechanics -- you will have a ton of knowledge available right before your peepers, if you are just willing to watch and learn with an open mind.

This is going to be a Master Class in how to run pool balls.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it will be better to have ball count since multiplying by 14 (or 15o_O) is tricky for some people.

Another advantage of promoting 14.1 is that it might get people to search out 9-footers to play on and that might help some rooms stay open. It's hard to play 14.1 on a bar box.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe he did. so did a few others in the past.

the question is not whether someone did the deed but whether it should be sanctioned as a world record or not. using some kind of standard rather than just saying it was or having one ruling party declaring it as such without a standard being followed.
I don't think a standard can be applied retroactively though, especially selectively.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No question that was the feeling watching Schmidt on livestream, especially when the cliff came at ~490.
The tension that builds is much like a game 7 of a major sporting event play off...or a situation like the World Series Sunday night and again tomorrow. One more game won and it continues.....or it is over.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please re-post the facebook page this will be happening on. Forgot to "follow it" last time.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I guess if you shoot combos the way SVB does, the concept of removing blocking balls becomes less of a concern.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Unfortunately, the surest way to make your internet go down is to stream a pool match apparently. Shane was just starting to get cooking with about a 126 when they lost the network. I think that's his 2nd or 3rd 100 of the day. EDIT: He ran a 92 earlier according to FB - not 100. Run ended at 142 apparently.

It looked like he was getting out of racks fairly well but struggled with the CB after the breakshot.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry the live stream went out. Comcast was doing work in the area and the internet was down for a few hours. Anyways Shane ran a 257. Very good shooting comsidering he did an Exhibition all day and yesterday he played for 2 hours with someone else cue. Tuesdays starting time will be around 12pm and with nothing else but straight pool attempts I think he will get into a solid groove and we should see some great patterns and quick paced runs.
So a couple stats so far. Amazingly he hasnt missed a break shot but has scratched 4 times off break shots
18 innings here are the runs over 90