SVB vs Chang Update Thread

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Chang returned the favor and Shane attempted to jump it but missed and left Chang just above the side pocket an open shot on the two. He played a two rail cross Corner Bank on the 2in made it but came up and landed right on the three I don't know if he was if he actually called it or not you may have just been forced to go back and play it since the cue ball landed on the 3. Jane tried to fin the three and send the cue ball down table behind the six but came up a little short and Shane can see the three although it's a tough cut if he goes for it.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane went for the cut and undercut it and the cue ball went down table and left a tough shot. Chang made the shot with shape on the four ball he ran out. The score is now 128 to 136

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Jangbricks and makes two balls on the break. The one doesn't have an easy open pocket but the seven hold up in the upper right corner and he looks like he's going for a Carrom off the one.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is like the Last Samurai , both great warriors fighting to the finish just before they get run over by the young guns coming for thier sword's

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Chang makes the carom but the cb comes to rest over nestled yup behind the 8.

He kicks at the one and misses giving Shane bih.

The 4 is slightly difficult but Shane gets as perfect as can be expected on it and cinches it and runs out to get back to 9 ahead 137 to 128.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 3 ball's on the break bit is forced to play a cross bank on the 1 in the side. He makes it AND runs out. 138 to 128.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 2 ball's on the break with a long open shot on the 1.

He runs a little long on shape on the 2 but is still ok.

He makes the two and runs out again. 139 to 128.

And this is why people were willing to give up 8.5 games.

Jaden

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's simply not that hard to understand the original bet was to 120 8.5 given on the wire the bet was over the second Chang covered at 112 , period , just because they agreed later to extend it is irrelevant ,

But if one has

chang +8.5
Vs.
Chang wins if he gets to 112

Is it the same bet?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 2 balks on the break. Here has another long shot on the one but the 2 and 3 tied up at the other end of the table. The 7 did light up in the corner so a carom of the 2 for the seven with a breakup of the 2 and 3 may be coming.

No, Shane missed the 1 but there's still the problem of the 2/3.

Chang is on tilt. Flubs shape coming off of the 1 and holds himself behind the 4.

Jumps the 4 to break out the 2 and 3 and sets up the table for Shane.

Shane gets out again playing a two rail break up of the 10 8 to avoid any problems. 140 to 128

Jaden

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If I had a bet on Shane, and was giving up 8.5 games, I'd have paid already. I know lots of people will want to argue about it, but I know I'd be able to sleep at night.
I paid the most - $1,000 betting on Shane - there is NO doubt I lost the bet. It looks like everybody
else feels the same. Quit chiming in with your
non betting ass and let us who lost loose with dignity

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if they called it even at 115 and split the money, people who bet straight up break even but those….ah forget it :)
One has nothing to do with with the other, bet was over for those giving or getting 8.5 on the wire at 112 , beam me up Scotty

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I don't disagree, but making a bet is kind of like signing a contract and legalese DOES matter. It could be argued depending on the wording of the bet. Hey, I'm betting that Shane wins the match they're playing. You can have 8.5 games. The bet wasn't for race to 120, it was for the match. If the match gets changed, then it is no longer the match they had bet on.

And tell me this, what if they had stopped and extended it at 110 or 111 apiece????

Jaden
You know exactly what the spot was. I'm paying no matter what they change it to. I'm finding it harder to believe in humanity with every post I make. And just so I'm clear - any of you scumbags who think you can get out of this bet....put me on ignore RIGHT NOW!!!

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 2 ball's on the break with a long open shot on the 1.

He runs a little long on shape on the 2 but is still ok.

He makes the two and runs out again. 139 to 128.

And this is why people were willing to give up 8.5 games.

Jaden
Unfortunately, he decides to turn it on, on day 4. :rolleyes:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 3 ball's and squats the rock but gets no love.

The 3 ties up with the 8 and the 2 doesn't look like it goes past the 7.

Shane fires the two ball two rails out trying to break up the 3 8 Ann's misses but gets a little lucky and chang is forced to play a safety.

Chang locks him behind the 5 bit here does have a one rail kick.
Shane hits the 2 but leaves chang a long shot on it.

Chang can make the 2 but still needs to deal with the 3 which is tied up on the 8 on the opposite side of the table.

Chang elects to just roll hop on the 2 and let Shane deal with it.

Shane combo s the 5 with the two and is forced to play safe.

Chang can see the 2 and safeties Shane. Shane kicks the 2 and leaves no real shot for chang.

Chang assures back at Shane hiding the cb behind the 4.

Shane kicks the 2 but it double kisses and leaves a shot.

Chang doesn't want to deal with the tied up 3 so he bunted the 2 instead of making it.

Shane makes the 2 and plays safe on the 3.

Chang makes a brilliant thin shot on the 3 sending the cb two rails back down table behind the 9.

Shane misses the kick giving bih.

Chang plays bad shape on the 7 and instead of letting the cb run free, he elects to play safe.

Shane kicks the 7 and leaves a medium difficulty shot for chang.

big. And cuts the 7

Shane runs out to get 13 games up 128 to 141.

Jaden