SVB vs Chang Update Thread

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i guess it would help to know that up until 1971 Chinese Taipei was THE representative of China in United Nations. So if you called them chinese you wouldnt be wrong anyway🤗
That is because Chiang Kai-Shek ran to Taiwan in 1949 after Mao and the commies gained the mainland.

Chiang proclaimed he was the rightful leader of China exiled to Taiwan and he eventually would retake China.

The majority of the Taiwanese didn’t want him there.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is because Chiang Kai-Shek ran to Taiwan in 1949 after Mao and the commies gained the mainland.

Chiang proclaimed he was the rightful leader of China exiled to Taiwan and he eventually would retake China.

The majority of the Taiwanese didn’t want him there.

interesting historical lesson. i knew the kuomintang fleeing there but not the rest.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interesting historical lesson. i knew the kuomintang fleeing there but not the rest.

Some very good books about it.

”Formosa Betrayed” is a good one.

It was banned in Taiwan when I lived there, but I got a copy that the American library kept hidden out.

It told the story of how Chiang and his gang of ragtag Nationalist soldiers slaughtered thousands of Taiwanese when they took over after fleeing China.

Another hidden story was called the 2-28 incident. February 28,1947.

That is when another incident occurred between the Nationalist soldiers and a Taiwanese lady who was selling black market cigarettes. They roughed her up and the locals killed a bunch of soldiers. Then the soldiers got revenge and killed a bunch of civilians.

The country was under martial law the whole time I lived there.

Last edited:

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has been a fantastic match, but I'm throwing in the towel. The first 2 days of this match were a great viewing experience and much of today has been as well. I think they've played 3 games in the last hour. I get it, they are playing for lots of cash and are both tightening up. I actually enjoy watching this near the end of long action matches, with the nip and tuck and grinding, but IMO they are just too many games away from the finish line for the current pace. They still have nearly 30 games left if it went hill hill. I just watched the US Open and with the 30 second shot clock, maybe I'm just spoiled. Nonetheless, both Chang and SVB has been an overall treat to watch. I hope it's a photo finish, but I'm not staying up till 5am in the morning to see it. For anyone with the time and doesn't have to work in the morning, enjoy!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has been a fantastic match, but I'm throwing in the towel. The first 2 days of this match were a great viewing experience and much of today has been as well. I think they've played 3 games in the last hour. I get it, they are playing for lots of cash and are both tightening up. I actually enjoy watching this near the end of long action matches, with the nip and tuck and grinding, but IMO they are just too many games away from the finish line for the current pace. They still have nearly 30 games left if it went hill hill. I just watched the US Open and with the 30 second shot clock, maybe I'm just spoiled. Nonetheless, both Chang and SVB has been an overall treat to watch. I hope it's a photo finish, but I'm not staying up till 5am in the morning to see it. For anyone with the time and doesn't have to work in the morning, enjoy!

I agree.

WAY TOO SLOW!!!