SVB vs Chang Update Thread

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane won a bunch of games in a row to tie it up at 115 and it was WAY late and they were tired and they elected to play another 40 today instead of finishing it off.

Jaden
Chang probably regrets not playing out the set to 120 last night now. I know Shane had all the momentum last night- but it definitely carried over to today.

Both are great players, but races to more than 100 in 10 ball favors Shane vs. anybody, probably even Filler.

I'm personally not a fan of these marathon races- way too long for spectators to maintain interest. I'm much more in favor of shorter races to 25 or so and playing multiple sets. Shane isn't necessarily a favorite in those types of matches.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks and makes 2 balls on the break. The cb popped and rolled forward a little bit. He has a shot on the 1 but it would be a tough back cut.

He elects to bank the 1 into a cluster of balls and follow the cb to the rail using the 7,8 cluster as blockers.

Change JUMPS the cluster and thin cuts the one in the side. I didn't even notice it could GO in the side. He left himself a long shot on the 2 but the 3 is near the corner and he only needs to make the 2 to get shape on the 3. He makes the two and the only potential problem is the 7,8. I can't tell if the 7 has a pocket.

Chang appears confident in his setup so I guess it does go. It does and over shoots shape on the 10 and is not left with an easy shot. I'm wondering if he won't elect to bank it in the side and pop the rock over to the goot rail. Chang cuts the 10 a long ways into the side to get to 134- 150.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Chang pops and squats making one ball on the break. He dos have an open shot on the 1 but shape on the 2, which is all the way down table, will not be easy as the 7 and the 5 are in the way of the natural 3 rail shape. He uses outside draw to come down table but runs into the 9 and gets hidden behind the 10. He has a sliver of the 2 and does manage to play a safety down table using the 10 as his blocker.

Shane also has a sliver of the 2 and cuts it over to the corner into a cluster of balls and sends the cb back down table close to the opposite corner. It looks like Chang does have a sliver of the 2 available again and with a lucky double kiss of the 2 and 9 manages to hook Shane. Shane can see enough of the 2 to play the 4 into the corner with a carom shot and controls both the 2 and the cb to get a shot.

He does end up straight on the 2 though and this becomes awkward as he has to thread past the 5/.10 cluster without scratching in the side to get down table shape on the 3. He power strokes the 2 carrying the 2 off of the tangent and comes around 3 rails for perfect shape and runs out to make it 151-134.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane breaks a little less controlled and makes 2 balls on the break but is forced to bank the 1. Never mind, he does bank it but it's wide for a safety which he gets. The 1 did lay up in the corner so Chang does have a shot at a one rail kick to make the one and it should lend itself to natural shape on the 2.

Ok, I guess he didn't like the 1 railer so he elected to kick it in 2 rails instead...lol He did clip the 3 and came up a tad bit short on the shape for the 2.

He'll have to run the cb around the table but the 3 is fairly difficult to not get good shape on so long as he cinches the 2 and doesn't scratch.

He elects to play safe instead but leaves Shane a full ball hit on the 2.

Shane loves these full table banks and the 8 down table in the corner makes the pocket big and Shane uses that to make the two and get shape on the 3. He comes around table for shape on the 3 and clips the 7 almost hooking himself.

He makes the 4 and if he can make the 7 he should be out and 3 games from closing this out. He does make the 7but clips the 9 coming all the way around table forom the 8 and is forced to play a 9,10 combo that is thin and awkward, he makes the ten and the 9 goes down table while the CB is tracking back up towards a scratch it doesn't scratch and the 9 falls into the corner. Shane is forced to play the 10 in the side from the spot with the cb sitting in the corner but makes it.. 152-134.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane doesn't get that pop on this break but does make a ball and has a great shot on the 1. The 4,5 got a little funnt just past the side. I don't believe the 4 has a pocket and he'll have ro play some sort of break out from the 2. He has a natural tangent off of the 2 in the side for the breakout but unfortunately threads the needle and barelt clips the 4 going off the long rail in between the 4 and 5.

Shane is forced to play a safe sliding off the 4 and the rail to hide behind the 5. Chang will have a one rail kick as Shane double kissed off the 3 and didn't get as deep behind the 5 as he intended.

Chang was actually able to thin off the 4 and the long rail and pop off the back rail into the 9 hiding Shane from the 4 ball.

Shane used a little too much follow trying to one rail into the 4 and the cb carried right past the 4 and gives Chang bih.

It's practically a Tom Cruise runout from here and Chang gets to 135-152. I spoke too soon, Chang drew back off of the 6 a little too straight and ended up cuing off of the rail for the 7. He did make it but is left with a tough shot on the 7 because of its proximity to the side and the chance of a scratch.

He just may have to play safe here. He may be able to back cut it into the side safely and he does with shape on the 9. He does get out after all.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
They were on break but came back without me reallizing it. It looks like Chang made two balls on the break and now the 2 is really close to the 10 and it's tough to tell if it can be made cleanly, even throwing it in with outside.

Chang is definitely taking his time to decide whether he can make it or not. He decides to hit straight into it and send it two rails out and down table. It leaves Shane a long back cut into the corner, but it has natural shape on the 3. Shane barely avoids a scratch but the 2 looks good, but catches a titty and hangs up at the last second.

There REALLY shouldn't be any problems with this rack now. Chang runs out and gets it to 136-152.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Chang breaks and makes 3 balls on the break, but the cb rolls forward against the 10 and then is kicked by the 8 knocking the 10 away and partially blocking the cb. The cb is also obscured from the 1 down table by the 6.

Chang puses by knocking the 9 down table but the 6 is still blockiong it. Shane kicks and sticks but the 1 does slide past where the 6 would be blocking it, but it is by no means an easy shot if Chang tries to cut it in.

Chang slightly o ver xuts the 1 and it hangs in the pocket. The cb goes back down table knocking the 5 against the head rail and back out into the cb making it partially obscured by the 4, Shane plays it rail first with right spin and knocks into the 1 making it, but the spin catches it and holds it theforcing Shane to play the bank on the 2. He makes the bank and should be able to get back in line off of the 3.

He gets on the 4 but a little straighter than he was hoping for. He pop-draws off of the 4 to get perfectly back in line on the 5 and runs out to get 2 games from the finish line. 153-136.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Shane pops and follows again only making 1 ball and losing control of whitey. He can see a sliver of the 1 but not enought to cut it in and the blocking ball is too far away to jump it. He elects to pushout but may get this one back.

Yeah Chang gives it back and Shane has to thin it bringing the cb back up table towards a cluster of balls. The cb hits the 5 and stops leaving a tough shot on the 1 but an open full ball. a thin back cut safe may be the best option here bringing the cb 2 rails back up table. That's exactly what he does but it looks like he may have left Shane a window.

He did but Shane manages to hit it fat and come around 2 rails. I think Shane left him a window on a back cut as well. He did but Chang over cuts it leaves Shane a piece of the 1 from 9 feet away.

Shane banks the 1 back up table and leaves the cb down table, using the 4 as a blocker. Chang may be able to see a tiny sliver of the 1.

He catches a tiny piece of the 1 and buries it in the corner behind a bunch of balls. Shane elects to roll the 3 up on the 1,6 making it impossible to make the 1. Chang is looking at potentially 3 fouling Shane. He's thnning the 1 and sending the cb away from the pocket looking for blocking balls.

He tried to get behind the 7 to eliminate the 1 rail kick but it may have leaked out enough and it did. Shane uses outside spin to come in and make contact on the 1 at ball speed and leaves the 1,3,6 all together in the corner.

Chang hits the 1 out from the corner through the 5 and draws the cb back behind the 3. Shane does gave a two rail kick on the 1 though which he hits sending the 1 down table behind the 4.

Chang clips the 1 and sends the cb 3 rails around back into that same corner wqith all the balls, but leaves Shane with a full ball hit. Shane back cut banks the one to the long rail and brings the cb 2 rails back around into that same corner, but he fully hides the one down table behind the 5.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Hey as far as my typing I'm going on 2.5 hours of sleep...lol

Chang is taking his time again trying to decide what to do.

He tries to kick at the 1 and misses hitting a bunch of other balls and giving Shane bih. Shane may be forced to carom the 2 in off of the 4 and he does, bringing the 4 out of that corner and getting shape on the 3. I don't think the 9 passes by the 10 so Shane may be forced to play a carom on the 10 or a combo.

There was no way to early break it out and be guaranteed a hit on anything.

WOW... Shane tried to pinch draw off of the 7 to come back down table and scratched in the side. Chang plays the 9, 10 carom, spots the 10 and then runs out to get to 137.

Jaden

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey as far as my typing I'm going on 2.5 hours of sleep...lol

Chang is taking his time again trying to decide what to do.

He tries to kick at the 1 and misses hitting a bunch of other balls and giving Shane bih. Shane may be forced to carom the 2 in off of the 4 and he does, bringing the 4 out of that corner and getting shape on the 3. I don't think the 9 passes by the 10 so Shane may be forced to play a carom on the 10 or a combo.

There was no way to early break it out and be guaranteed a hit on anything.

WOW... Shane tried to pinch draw off of the 7 to come back down table and scratched in the side. Chang plays the 9, 10 carom, spots the 10 and then runs out to get to 137.

Jaden

That is an interesting quirk or situation. Doing great Jaden!

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Chang breaks and makes 2 balls on the break. The cb and the 1 both hang in the upper corner pocket. The 2 is down table and it may be hard to control the cb. Chang only brings the cb out a couple of feet leaving a long shot on the 2. If he makes this with shape though he should be out.

Ok he makes the 2 and will have to likely play back and forth shape to get on the four. He overruns his shape a little on the 4 and may have to play short side shape on the 4 or punch it out two rails.

He plays short side shape flawlessly and should now be out.

He is. 138-153.

Jaden

Gtoys318

So did they double the bet? And what is the race to now? I know You probably said, but it’s too far back in the post to find it. Lol! Thanks.