SVB vs Chang Update Thread

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh really?🤔?so why did you stress out the fact that you are able to shoot whatever level of competiton 20 hours straight basically saying they should have played till the end even if they were clearly out of their game? you are just a know-it-all banger without any clue what you are actually talking about🙂
A bit harsh. HawaiianEye appears to believe that gambling/money games/long races are more signifant than tournaments/short races when determining how good a player is. I have an opposite opinion even though I'm better at the money than the rounds.

The fact that he says, by extension, that he doesn't care what you or I or anyone thinks just indicates that he has an ego and lacks respect for his fellows whether they are pool players or not. Is he a a banger or a player or neither or (like most of us) both - I have no idea.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
A bit harsh. HawaiianEye appears to believe that gambling/money games/long races are more signifant than tournaments/short races when determining how good a player is. I have an opposite opinion even though I'm better at the money than the rounds.

The fact that he says, by extension, that he doesn't care what you or I or anyone thinks just indicates that he has an ego and lacks respect for his fellows whether they are pool players or not. Is he a a banger or a player or neither or (like most of us) both - I have no idea.
He is a legend in his own mind, for sure

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why everyone here is so bum hurt. They decided like men to stop at 115 and then do another 40 the next day. They only are beholden to each other and their backers. Everyone else has an opinion and a belly button. Regardless if I bet or was just watching from interest I have nothing to say in the matter. The stream was free the next day and thus they kept up with their side of the transaction. Now anyone who had a bet with a spread or any bet for that matter has the right to work it out with the other party. Nobody else has a say.

From what I saw they fought like champions and after 3 LONG days decided they would rather fight tomorrow fresh. Now if everyone wants to put on their tin foil hats and conjure up some sort of grassy knoll grand cabal conspiracy well...it's your party. Do as you do.
I admit I’m not a gambler but I agree that if it was fine with them and their backers then it is what it is

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I fail to understand all the confusion about the race to 120 because both players decided to take a break at 115 each, then decided to make the race 40 more games, totaling 155 for the winner, big deal. When they start playing again, just take the first 5 games won from either one of them, add them to the 115 score, then you completely the race to 120, there's your winner. Anything beyond that is a separate bet. 115+5=120 in ANYONE'S addition!!!

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I fail to understand all the confusion about the race to 120 because both players decided to take a break at 115 each, then decided to make the race 40 more games, totaling 155 for the winner, big deal. When they start playing again, just take the first 5 games won from either one of them, add them to the 115 score, then you completely the race to 120, there's your winner. Anything beyond that is a separate bet. 115+5=120 in ANYONE'S addition!!!
That’s the dumbest resolution mentioned thus far.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What I am saying is that I decide how I play with MY money and it doesn’t matter, to me, what anybody else thinks.

Supposedly, these players had some of their OWN cash in play.

When I am betting MY money, I decide what I think is best for me.

The same goes for the pros as well. Why should SVB care what YOU think?

If SVB did NOT think the LONG races were in HIS favor, he would not INSIST on them when he has a lot of his money in the game.

He goes with what he is known best for.

He can’t control tournament matches, as far as rules and games, but he can do it when HE is setting up a betting game.

He feels his best BETTING game is long matches and he usually comes out on TOP.

He does NOT always come out on top when playing short races or sets.

It does not matter what level you play at to be able to determine what game best suits you.

I have always done well in long sets when gambling because I always had endurance and I could string together multiple games and sometimes many in a row. I ran a 6-pack of 9-ball on a 9-foot Gold Crown a couple years back before the COVID shut everything down. I did that even while only playing a few hours, once a week, and being a senior citizen and blind. That is another reason I always liked winner breaks formats.

The last time I played for 20 hours STRAIGHT, with NO breaks other than bathroom breaks, I was still running racks when they closed the place down. I would have played longer. My opponent kept saying, “how do you keep playing so well after all this time playing?”

To each their own.

If you play better at short stuff, keep up with the short stuff.

Quit saying things I never said.

I don’t care who anybody thinks is the BETTER player.

In gambling scenarios, the CASH talks when the winner walks out the door…even if the BEST PLAYER may have lost.

Last edited:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran a 6-pack of 9-ball on a 9-foot Gold Crown a couple years back before the COVID shut everything down.
I've bettered that but have never shouted about it because it isn't interesting to me or a random stranger. Repeating it is another story and doing so under the microscope is something else. I realised pretty early in life that anyone who is interested in hearing people bang on about how good they are is a hanger on. I'm an average pool player and am not about to pretend otherwise.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bettered that but have never shouted about it because it isn't interesting to me or a random stranger. Repeating it is another story and doing so under the microscope is something else. I reailsed pretty early in life that anyone who is interested in hearing people bang on about how good they are is a hanger on. I'm an average pool player and am not about to pretend otherwise.

I have bettered it also.

The discussion was long races and gambling matches.

Are you a sprinter?

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care who anybody thinks is the BETTER player.
Yes you do. You think, or at least say,
that players who win long races are the best, or at least that's what you say again and again. And you belittle people who disagree with you. That isn't nice.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you do. You think, or at least say,
that players who win long races are the best, or at least that's what you say again and again. And you belittle people who disagree with you. That isn't nice.

I have never said they were the best players under every condition or at everything.

I said they usually took the cash at the matches they set up and were the best at that.

To me, I don’t care who is the best at any sport.

I only care about who comes out on top when I am in a money match with someone.

I am not a sports nut hugger of any player of any sport.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never said they were the best players under every condition or at everything.

I said they usually took the cash at the matches they set up and were the best at that.
Yes you have said that it's the only thing that counts.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you have said that it's the only thing that counts.

I have said that I prefer long races and winner breaks to short sets.

If you have a problem with that, too bad.

Match of 3 sets to 25

1st set you win 25 - 24
2nd set I win 25 - 1
3rd set you win 25 - 24

You won the match.

You have won a total of 51 games (25 + 1 + 25)
I have won a total of 73 games (24 + 24 + 25)

I beat you 73 - 51 in games.

When you play one long race to 75 games, the winner is the person with the most games won.

I prefer to play that way.

You play however you want.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said that I prefer long races and winner breaks to short sets.

If you have a problem with that, too bad.

Match of 3 sets to 25

1st set you win 25 - 24
2nd set I win. 25 - 1
3rd set you win 25 - 24

You won the match.

You have made a total of 51 games (25 + 1 + 25)
I have won a total of 73 games (24 + 24 + 25)

I beat you 73 - 51 in games.

When you play one long race to 75 games, the winner is the person with the most games won.

I prefer to play that way.

You play however you want.
You've just said it again.