SVB's Mosconi Facebook post

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go away MC Cup!

The M.C. Cup is outdated and away for a bunch of chest thumping Euros to think they are the best 9 Ball players the world has to offer. What a lie. All they have done is year after year cherry pick the players who have the hot cue for a given year.

In the mean time, they rake in the winners fee, that is the reason they want every thing to stay the same. America should walk away and find a more fair venue for show casing their talent.
Just say the heck with it. Let them compete with China, Taiwan or the Pinoy bunch. They won't, as they will loose.

One on one, in several short or long sets, none of them can beat Shane, but he is only one American and if I was him I would not play in the Cup. But, I would toss a one on one long set challenge out there and kick ass!

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I know that's his sponsor.

Did you watch the FB stream that was just posted?

Definitely looked like he was playing with a black shaft. Does cuetec make a black shaft?

Yes, I believe they make several. The Revo question was asked on the chat and it was confirmed by many that it is a Cuetec shaft (prototype).

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I believe they make several. The Revo question was asked on the chat and it was confirmed by many that it is a Cuetec shaft (prototype).

ah prototype. so not something on the market yet.

that makes sense

thanks

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
They should find sponsors for the team willing to pony up three months worth of salaries for the players. American players can hardly make it without a side job. Most can't and spend a lot of time working, not practicing like the euros. Shit someone set it up and open it for donations toward the players' expenses for that time. I'll kick in a hundo.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The M.C. Cup is outdated and away for a bunch of chest thumping Euros to think they are the best 9 Ball players the world has to offer. What a lie. All they have done is year after year cherry pick the players who have the hot cue for a given year.

In the mean time, they rake in the winners fee, that is the reason they want every thing to stay the same. America should walk away and find a more fair venue for show casing their talent.
Just say the heck with it. Let them compete with China, Taiwan or the Pinoy bunch. They won't, as they will loose.

One on one, in several short or long sets, none of them can beat Shane, but he is only one American and if I was him I would not play in the Cup. But, I would toss a one on one long set challenge out there and kick ass!
utter loser talk period ,, fact is just what are Americans winning on world stages in tourney play nothing , news flash that's what pro pool is ..not gaff matches ,,Shane is a great player might be the best to races to 100 , however that long battle is more of a endurance test than anything else and not a true test of who is the best

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

that makes sense

thanks

The stream was great to watch, both players made some amazing shots breaking out or shaping trouble balls. Sounds like it will be on all weekend...sucks that I am so busy:frown:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
This FB post is proof that SVB is a great player ...he beat the ghost so bad that the ghost
is now working for him....’cause his FB post HAS to be ghost written....
...what American uses the spelling “programme” instead of “program”?

This spelling is also a clue that the ‘ghost’ is English.

My thoughts as well as to it being ghost-written. I can't really see Shane saying "etching my name in history". He's a a bit too unassuming for that type of self-aggrandizing. Also, I've heard him speak many times, both in person and on video and none of that sounds like him. He's much more "down to earth" in his phrasing and general vocabulary. Isn't a negative, really. I don't blame him. I'd probably have someone else do it for me too were I in his place.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they being paid, fed, and housed for those five weeks?

In coach Johann's post interview last year he expressed more had to be done to prepare the team and that there was money in the sport that would have to be redirected.
I'm assuming he found funds to sponsor the players for those 5 weeks and cover expenses.

I'm assuming this because Shane would've had to give a yes or no so another player doesn't miss out on the funding.

To Shane this wasn't able money (again, my assumption from his writing) it's about his "time away from friends and family"....so maybe he is focusing on US Open (both international in the fall and the Matchroom one early next year)...or the world championships which he missed this last go around.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

that makes sense

thanks

After Shane had that shaft break during the U.S. Open, I wonder if the idea of a resilient shaft that stays the same no matter what is more relevant to him than ever before.
I'll be curious to see what size prototype he's playing with because Shane has a less than 12mm ferrule the last time I checked.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He actually was seen using a revo shaft a few weeks a go. He burrowed a friends apparently.

5 weeks is a long time for people playing a game that they have no contract and don’t get paid unless they win. that’s 5 weeks of no income for these guys plus a lot of out of pocket expenses to play in the mosconi cup which gives you a lousy 2 grand if you win after 3 days of torture . Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As pointed out in previous posts i too believe that SVB had nothing to do with this press release. It looks like some kind CYA move by MR in case he doesn't attend(which i seriously doubt happens).

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He actually was seen using a revo shaft a few weeks a go. He burrowed a friends apparently.

5 weeks is a long time for people playing a game that they have no contract and don’t get paid unless they win. that’s 5 weeks of no income for these guys plus a lot of out of pocket expenses to play in the mosconi cup which gives you a lousy 2 grand if you win after 3 days of torture . Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

i believe the winners get 20k EACH and the losers 10K!- It aint that much but it makes it worthwhile i believe for everyone except SVB. I think they MAY get a couple K in expenses also.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume we will see him there. As much as this is about making team USA great again, it’s also about selling tickets and advertising to an event that would at least suffer a major loss of American interest without SVB.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume we will see him there. As much as this is about making team USA great again, it’s also about selling tickets and advertising to an event that would at least suffer a major loss of American interest without SVB.

Respectfully, Matt
You mean the thousand people in the 'states that actually watch this? The MC is a BRITISH production aimed at BRITISH fans. As bad as SVB has played the last few outings i kinda doubt the outcome rides on his attendance.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean the thousand people in the 'states that actually watch this? The MC is a BRITISH production aimed at BRITISH fans. As bad as SVB has played the last few outings i kinda doubt the outcome rides on his attendance.

I thought I had qualified my statements sufficiently. But yes if the US GOAT isn’t playing, I think it affects interest in the US if not hollows out interest from British fans.

Respectfully, Matt

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I had qualified my statements sufficiently. But yes if the US GOAT isn’t playing, I think it affects interest in the US if not hollows out interest from British fans.

Respectfully, Matt

I was considering a trip tp London in December to cheer on Team USA but had heard rumors a couple months ago Shane may not play so this announcement comes as no surprise to me. This just confirms I will not be attending the MC in London this year. Maybe Vegas in 2019 if the event continues.