T Rails

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What years did Brunswick make T rails for their tables?

1845 - 1945

There were some models of 'flat rail' tables as early as 1939 or '40, the 'Moderne' for example.

By 1945, the year of the Anniversary and Centennial, all were flat rail style
I believe.

Dale

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1845 - 1945

There were some models of 'flat rail' tables as early as 1939 or '40, the 'Moderne' for example.

I believe.

Dale

So the flat rail are the same or different as T rails?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
So the flat rail are the same or different as T rails?

No, the flat rails are not the same as the T rails.
Typically a T rail would bolt directly into the side of the slate.
Eventually they figured out that doing it that way was a bad idea, so they switched to a "flat" style rail that bolted thru the slate edge vertically instead.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The T-Rails put the attach bolts into tension style situation, creating a stretching situation for the bolt & the side rail when applying the side load.

The flat rails put the bolts into a situation of lateral Shear, gaining from the load of the slates to assist the bolt(s) in compression to clamp a larger surface area.

I hope that helps...

Last edited:

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bolts

The T-Rails put the attach bolts into tension style situation, creating a stretching situation for the bolt & the side rail when applying the side load.

The flat rails put the bolts into a situation of lateral Shear, gaining from the load of the slates to assist the bolt(s) in compression to clamp a larger surface area.

I hope that helps...

It does. I will attach a pic of the bolts. The rail bolts are on the bottom. IMG_1810.JPG

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bolt

I hope that helps...

Here is one by itself. IMG_1809.JPG

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1845 - 1945

I believe.

Dale

Did other manufactures also use the t rail during that 100 year period?