Table Climbers @ Buffalo's

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few screen shots I grabbed of the "table climbers" at Buffalo's this weekend.

Enjoy - compliments of and to Ray @ Pool Action TV for the quality coverage.

7Q3Wcsy_d.jpg

6ppbUTc_d.jpg

ZCxgkVe_d.jpg

XyCTXUd_d.jpg

wsNyJ2s_d.jpg

QfnbrlN_d.jpg

Ns3ChWQ_d.jpg

L9SG3v4_d.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 33471950_817045531822534_2733648921858408448_o.jpg
    33471950_817045531822534_2733648921858408448_o.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have played that way for 50 years in New Orleans and as long as Buffalo is the owner i don't see anything changing soon.

He keeps his tables in tip top shape, he even has Greg Sullivan owner of Diamond Billiards here in person to make sure every single table is perfect for this big event.

James Leone is Buffalo and he is absolutely one of the very best room owners on the planet.

There is nothing he wont do to help the players, room is open 24-7-365 and is action packed every day huge matches daily.

Anybody that has never been should make it a point to visit the best pool room in the country imo

buffs building.jpg

5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I respect the choice and tradition. But I am absolutely 100% cringing at those photos.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
I respect the choice and tradition. But I am absolutely 100% cringing at those photos.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

It also changes the game, if you are stuck on the bottom center of the stack and have to stretch over it to bridge on dink N dunk touchy shot, most likely you aren't shooting it, jump on the table and guess what, no problem.....so many more variables.

He may be a great guy and a good pool room owner, but ill never spend 8k in a calcutta with circus rules..

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It also changes the game, if you are stuck on the bottom center of the stack and have to stretch over it to bridge on dink N dunk touchy shot, most likely you aren't shooting it, jump on the table and guess what, no problem.....so many more variables.

He may be a great guy and a good pool room owner, but ill never spend 8k in a calcutta with circus rules..
More big action matches and the biggest calcutta's in the country at Buffalo's.

Don't expect any changes anytime soon lol

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is playing 2500 a game now late night action at Buffalo's and has no problem with house rules lol

They didn't have to play with these rules if they didn't like them . :shrug:

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have special rules for this particular event ?

Cringe level 1000 !

Playing with the rest is so beautiful.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have special rules for this particular event ?

Cringe level 1000 !

Playing with the rest is so beautiful.
No, they have always played by these rules at Buffalo's and the old Sports Palace in New Orleans.

The two real action pool rooms in New Orleans for the last 40-50 years or more.

The only reason Buffalo allows it is because the players want these rules to remain.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Predeter 27" leg extension, which helps me keep one foot on the floor while climbing. Mechanical bridge is a thing of the past. It does not fit in the zipper pouch of my case.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More big action matches and the biggest calcutta's in the country at Buffalo's.

Don't expect any changes anytime soon lol
Traditional NOLA 1p move. I love it. Don't like it, don't play in the 'Easy. Hey, i don't like the chicken-s^*t no-rail rule in snooker but that's how they do it. Don't hear anybody constantly whining about that.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is playing 2500 a game now late night action at Buffalo's and has no problem with house rules lol

They didn't have to play with these rules if they didn't like them . :shrug:

View attachment 493043

well yeah he is 5'2- bet Adam Wheeler never gambles there. I have a rule when i play "my fouls don't count" Im sure he is a great guy/owner but in a tournament the very basic rules for ALL GAMES should be followed imho. How long has the room been open?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well yeah he is 5'2- bet Adam Wheeler never gambles there. I have a rule when i play "my fouls don't count" Im sure he is a great guy/owner but in a tournament the very basic rules for ALL GAMES should be followed imho. How long has the room been open?

Buffallos’s has been around, in a few locations, since the 80’s when I moved there.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The one foot on the floor seems like an etiquette rule,
Respecting the equipment and its owner

But hey if the owner is kool with people stepping on his cloth and rails
Leaving who knows what kind of junk or germs even on the table
So be it

On top of all that, just looks childish

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If Buffalo has found a way to keep his room hopping & open 24/7 365, then more power to him. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24/7 action room
Sounds like heaven
Can only imagine an area with that level of interest in the game.
They are doing something right.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Buffalo has found a way to keep his room hopping & open 24/7 365, then more power to him. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

you really think it has something to do w the table riding. I think from what i heard-95% of the rooms in NO allow that

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Ah, the young and the restless...

I have some theories about what I'm seeing:
1. Nobody in New Orleans can use a rest
2. Everyone in NOLA is a midget.
3. Everyone in NOLA is a midget who for some reason cannot use a rest.
4. Nobody in NOLA can play opposite handed

The only near universal rule of all pocket billiards (one foot on the floor)has that status for a reason, because without it:
1. You risk damaging the cushion
2. You risk damaging the cloth
3. You risk putting the table out of level
4. You look retarded.

If the room owner is fine with the above, which apparently he is, then go right ahead.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin Hall used the no foot on the floor rule very wisely to help him double dip Tony Chohan in the finals.

With $38,000 on the line for 1st place you can't blame him one bit for taking advantage of that rule lol

33940802_10101053034214289_5168461509684101120_n.jpg