Tac strip update

LCCS

Silver Member
Rep points

so the blue is not a 24 oz cloth? so the dye is thicker and that makes the elongation and stretch dif?

I will put this down on my things to do list.

Hey Glen is 25000 alot of rep points?
You seem to figure everything out and you do not know this?:confused:
Pull a rabbit out. Come on.

LCCS

Silver Member
Rep points

so the blue is not a 24 oz cloth? so the dye is thicker and that makes the elongation and stretch dif?

You seem to figure everything out and you do not know this?:confused:
Pull a rabbit out. Come on.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Compared to 406648 rep points, not really;):D I don't really refer to cloth by the oz because 66" wide 860 has the same thread count per square inch that 78" wide does, but the 78" wide weighs more per running yard because it's wider, so does that make it a better cloth because it weighs more per running yard? Yes, the Blue and Green 860 have the exact same thread count per square inch, yet the Green overall is going to weigh just a little bit more, does that make it a better cloth...I think not, it's the same as the Blue, as the dye don't help prevent cloth wear;):D

Glen

OTLB

Banned
I disagree, the dye has everything to do with cloth wear. Maybe I will get that many points someday, doubt it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ok well you asked me, so here goes.

Simonis std green (green in general)which was the std for Tournaments and home tables for players and alot of people forever right.

Well now, std green 860 leaves so many ball burn marks and looks terrible after it has been played on even in a short period from these marks, everyone hates that aspect of it. The breaking area and line to the balls shows excessive wear even though its just from the balls bouncing on it. A pro tournament played with std green even when started with new cloth looks like it went through the ringer and looks bad on TV and bad in person.

Why would a company that sells a product want it to look bad right after someone played on it for a while like a pro.

Let me say it like this. You have a black car and I have a white car. Your car always looks dirty and the only way for you to keep it looking gggggggoood (stutttttter) is to keep it covered..Dust doesn't show so much on a light colored car.

Simonis promotes Elec blue IMO because it doesn't show the ball burn marks as much and reps their cloth better that way. See Glen it is the dye. Lighter color Simonis cloth under the exact same play shows less marks because its a lighter color. What other color could they have chosen to improve the look of their cloth and that would be acceptable from the general public. IMO its only the light blue. So its the dye isn't it and in particular the color of the dye that either helps show or hide wear like the paint on a car so to speak.

Really Elect blue is just hiding a problem that they can't fix. If they had std green that didn't leave burn marks I would have bet that elec blue would never become a std for cloth color in a tournament.

Think about it, 100 years of play and all of a sudden someone says blue is better. There is only one reason why its better.

Like you say the dye is different. Std green dye causes wear in appearance and thats whats its all about.

In time I will bet that it goes back to green like it should be.

Thats alot of points, so if you give me a red mark what happens to my rep?

You couldn't be more wrong:D

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually your right I am wrong..

I think its Diamond that initiated the change. Their tables would look terrible with 860 gr on them after one or two tournaments and then they wouldn't be able to shuffle them from tournament to tournament without changing cloths. How many tournaments have been played already with the same blue cloth on them? if it was green it would be way to noticable and guys would complain, with blue its easy to use the same cloth over again and again as it doesn't show the wear like the green does.

I think every tournament should have new cloth on the tables when professionals are using them.

Wrong again:D

OTLB

Banned
prove it! I don't see a bunch of people thinking I'm wrong. The rationale why I am wrong?

Last edited:

OTLB

Banned
Glen as requested here are some pocket pics from my table today. You already saw the tac strips.

It is the only GC V with snooker rails and Billiard plugs

My personal opinion is that this is without question the best looking table made today for professional use!!!

A great table should also look great!!

Attachments

• MVC-050F.JPG
    MVC-050F.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 325
  • MVC-045F.JPG
    MVC-045F.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 327
  • MVC-047F.JPG
    MVC-047F.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 323
  • MVC-048F.JPG
    MVC-048F.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
A little off topic here but could you please show some pics of your table with the billiard plugs installed.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
I like mine better

Well I'm not saying that I don't like your work , your work looks great I'm just saying the style that Glen has I like as well . I'm not trying to nock anyone down here . Everyone like's different things . No hard feelings .