Taig index plate

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Does anyone know if someone makes an indexing plate that would fit the Taig small headstock with the 3/4" spindle? I could make one but would rather have a plug-n-play one to save time.
Thanks,
Dave

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
I looked for one a few years ago. I ended up just making one myself, easy enough to do.

Any questions shoot me a PM

aGHqr4n.jpg

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Gold Member
Silver Member
need to make a smaller pin, but pretty much done it in about 2 hours.

That looks great. I would advise to color code the holes like I did. It's super easy to miscount with old eyes and screw up the layout..lol

I used dry erase marker.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
That looks great. I would advise to color code the holes like I did. It's super easy to miscount with old eyes and screw up the layout..lol

I used dry erase marker.
yes, I will be doing that....have done that oops before. I also will be cutting the thickness on the bottom of the aluminum where the screw is so I can see the holes better. A work in progress, lol

JC

Coos Cues
Nice work Dave! I have to say there was something compelling about the 60 hole one from carter for making stitch rings to add 5 as a multiple as someone who has built a ton of them on my 24 hole hightower index.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
My Hightower came with one.
depends on which lathe you buy. This headstock came from Chris originally and the buyer only wanted a sanding lathe....now years later he has passed and now I have it and will use it for a CNC fixture.