Taiwan TOI

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
nobody saw any squirts, swerves, or clings in any of the matches at the D.C.C.

Has anyone ever seen a professional player's shot squirt, swerve, or cling?

If there's any exceptions to this please describe the shot and how you could tell it squirted, swerved or cling ed. (who on earth made up these words?)

Maybe I should have said "ALL people saw no squirts, swerves, or clings" LMAO!!!

Squirt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look up squirt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Squirt or squirting can refer to the following:

Squirt, a small, quick stream; a jet
Squirt, slang for a small person or thing

So nobody saw any squirts, swerves, and clings in the matches at the Derby City Classic?

Interesting, very, very interesting. :groucho:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So when money is taken out it means it's going in the promoter's pocket? I wasn't implying that, however, it sounds like you are.

I'm refuting it (as you well know), as opposed to what you said about it: "It was disclosed last year by AtLarge that $45,000 is taken out of the tournament (DCC) in "buy back" fees......how much of this go to the "professional player"? 0.000% ..."

... By the way, what did 5th place pay in each division, that was my original question that you failed to answer. Is it "secret". ...

You're as capable as I am in looking that up. Last I looked, not all of this year's results were posted yet. Last year 5th place was $1,200 in Banks, $2,200 in One-Pocket, and $2,850 in 9-Ball. But Orcollo's high finishes in all three (1st, 4th/5th, and 4th/5th) won him another $20,000 (for which there were no additional entry fees or buy-ins). So his 5th place finishes actually won him a lot more than $2,200 and $2,850.

CJ -- I'm not quarreling with the jist of your argument -- that today's big pool events usually are, overall, losing financial propositions for the players. A few do well; the majority do not. But please do not misrepresent information I have provided.

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year 5th place was $1,200 in Banks, $2,200 in One-Pocket, and $2,850 in 9-Ball. But Orcollo's high finishes in all three (1st, 5th, and 5th) won him another $20,000 (for which there were no additional entry fees or buy-ins). So his 5th place finishes actually won him a lot more than $2,200 and $2,850.

But please do not misrepresent information I have provided.

LOL, You dont like misrepresentation huh?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So nobody saw any squirts, swerves, and clings in the matches at the Derby City Classic?

Interesting, very, very interesting. :groucho:

I believe that if someone on AZ were touting a TOS/TOC as the greatest thing since sliced bread (and selling DVDs too) someone would have been watching for it ;-)

Lou Figueroa

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please explain your comment. The guys who finish high have a shot at an extra $20,000, $3,000, or $2,000. Right?
Figure up how many fifth place finishers have went home without the bonus compared to the ones that have not and you will see why it is not even worth mentioning.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Figure up how many fifth place finishers have went home without the bonus compared to the ones that have and you will see why it is not even worth mentioning.

Of course most 5th place finishers have not won the bonuses. But when I looked up the answer to CJ's question about 5th place, I found it interesting that the guy who finished in 4th/5th place last year in two of the events won the Master of the Table. So I reported it.

More generally stated, three guys each year win bonuses -- $20,000, $3,000, and $2,000. That results from high finishes in the 3 events. So that $25,000 is actually part of the prize money for those events.

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course most 5th place finishers have not won the bonuses. But when I looked up the answer to CJ's question about 5th place, I found it interesting that the guy who finished in 5th place last year in two of the events won the Master of the Table. So I reported it.

Of course you did which is why I laughed when you said you don't like misrepresentation.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course you did which is why I laughed when you said you don't like misrepresentation.

I view your notion that I misrepresented something as inappropriate. The bonuses are part of the prize money, earned by finishing high. That point is worth making.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's still several billion possibilities in the equation without pool players

Figure up how many fifth place finishers have went home without the bonus compared to the ones that have not and you will see why it is not even worth mentioning.

You see what's going on.

When ask how much 5th place paid at a tournament it causes some to get excited in an unnecessary way. It's about a game after all, there's no reason to justify the number with one (and only one) exception. "it is what it is"

The 45K number was a topic last year on this forum, and it does come out of the tournament. Where it goes matter's not - pointing out that 0% goes to the pool players just narrows choices, after all it is a business and they should make a profit (it's the American way after all).

Without TV coverage the revenue isn't there for bigger prize funds.

:groucho:
abraham-lincoln-quote-destruction-america.jpg

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
the average 5th place finisher profited approximately $200. after entree and expenses

So you're saying it's misrepresentation to mention the biggest exception of the entire tournament as if it's significant {to justify}................whatever needs to be justified. ;)

That's profound......

So the average 5th place finisher profited approximately $200. after entree, buy backs and expenses - that's not so bad.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You see what's going on.

When ask how much 5th place paid at a tournament it causes some to get excited in an unnecessary way. It's about a game after all, there's no reason to justify the number with one (and only one) exception. "it is what it is"

The 45K number was a topic last year on this forum, and it does come out of the tournament. Where it goes matter's not - pointing out that 0% goes to the pool players just narrows choices, after all it is a business and they should make a profit (it's the American way after all).

Without TV coverage the revenue isn't there for bigger prize funds.

:groucho:
abraham-lincoln-quote-destruction-america.jpg

Why do you keep saying that 0% goes back to the players, when it has been shown to you that the Master of the Table award is from the buybacks?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Why do you keep saying that 0% goes back to the players, when it has been shown to you that the Master of the Table award is from the buybacks?
Geez, Neil, get with the marketing plan. How does this "truth" thing translate to sales?

pj
chgo

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably only 10 players have a legitimate chance of winning the Master of the Table

Player = 1

Players = more than 1

The Master of the Table Award and Prize goes to a player.

The rest (0%) goes back to the players.

Probably only 10 players have a legitimate chance of winning the Master of the Table prize, maybe 15 at the most.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player = 1

Players = more than 1

The Master of the Table Award and Prize goes to a player.

The rest (0%) goes back to the players.

Probably only 10 players have a legitimate chance of winning the Master of the Table prize, maybe 15 at the most.

Do you read post other than yours? THREE people share in the MOT prize fund. Not just one. What's your point anyways? You want anyone that shows up to make a profit??

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you read post other than yours? THREE people share in the MOT prize fund. Not just one. What's your point anyways? You want anyone that shows up to make a profit??

Yes, I want anyone that shows up to make a profit.