Take my eye please....

sokaiba

1-Pocket Addict
Silver Member
For the last 3 or 4 months the lower eyelid of my left eye has been twitching. Luckily it has not been severe, but it is a bit annoying when I get down to shoot. Has anyone else dealt with this or know of any remedies. I made a doctor's appointment but thought I would post here in case some one else has been through this. Any help would be appreciated.

Kai

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the last 3 or 4 months the lower eyelid of my left eye has been twitching. Luckily it has not been severe, but it is a bit annoying when I get down to shoot. Has anyone else dealt with this or know of any remedies. I made a doctor's appointment but thought I would post here in case some one else has been through this. Any help would be appreciated.

Kai

Yes I had similar it happened on and off for a couple of weeks. I do not know what caused it but it just went away. Not much help I know but your right it is annoying. I think at that time I was playing little or no pool.

Wish I could remember more details but it could have been stress, diet or sometimes in my case short on sleep. Good luck

Rod

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the same issue for about 6 mos. It's in my left eye and I have astigmatism there. I had my annual exam with the eye doc two mos. ago and he said it's just due to astigmatism. Doesn't bother me when I play pool though.

I've been out of work for a few weeks and it's almost stopped completely, which tells me it's aggravated by working in front of the computer 8+ hrs. per day.

Let us know what your doctor says.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kai

Perhaps iron deficiency, try a multivitamin.
I will sometimes have my upper eyelid twitch.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I have no real idea about the eye lid muscle twitching but I did read somewhere that muscle twitches are sometimes caused by dehydration. Maybe more fluids? Drink more water perhaps.

Pardon the pun but this eye thread caught my eye, I've recently been stricken with double vision. It's killing me when I try to play. Doctor said its due to diabeties.

I hope your condtion improves I can relate to how annoying it is to not be able to see when you are playing pool. LOL :yikes:

sokaiba

1-Pocket Addict
Silver Member
I take vitamins every day. I do sit in front of a computer most of the day though, might be the cause who knows. I read that a Botox injection can stop it for 6-8 months and sometimes permanantly, otherwise it could be surgery to remove the nerve. Thanks for your comments.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same condition in the upper lid of my left eye. My optometrist told me that it's usually caused by stress and he could find no reason for it, medically. At that time, work was very stressful and I blamed it on that. Having been laid off 7 months ago, I now blame it on the stress of looking for a job. Once I find a job, I'm sure I can blame it on sucking at this game. :smile:

I find that it's less bothersome when I've had enough sleep and if I'm taking good care of myself. Eating right, sleeping well, having sex occasionally. With someone else, I mean. I also find I can reduce the effects by closing my eyes and focusing on something calming in my mind.

If you haven't had a check up, get a doctor to look at it as it could be a symptom of something more. Just to be safe.

Brian in VA

Kai

I've experienced this twitching problem a few times. In the medical profession it's called Blepharospasm.

Blepharospasm is thought to be caused by an abnormal functioning of certain nerve areas located at the base of the brain which control the coordination of muscle movements. For most people it appears without any real known cause. Oftentimes, it is accompanied by dryness of the eyes, either just before or, during an episode of twitching.

Dry eye can function as a trigger for the condition. Certain medications can sometimes cause eye twitching as a side effect. Blepharospasm can also be brought on by stress, lack of sleep, fatigue, eye irritation, prolonged staring at a computer monitor or TV, and /or nervous system disorders.

Schedule an appointment with an Ophthalmologist (not an optometrist), he or she will be best able to diagnose and help you correct the problem.

In the meantime try getting more rest, and reduce your stress level (meditation works well for me). I also recommend you get some really good lubricant eye drops (I use Systane Ultra from Alcon Laboratories and they work great). If you wear contacts do not insert the drops while wearing your lenses (you can use them if you put them in a few minutes before putting on your contacts). Also if you wear contacts always bring some rewetting / lubricant solution with you when you are out and about (I use Bausch and Lomb ReNu Multiplus).

BTW, I take a nutritional supplement made specifically for promoting good eye health, this supplement is called Claroxan and lots of target shooters swear by it. Here's a link: http://www.claroxan.com/default.aspx

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same condition in the upper lid of my left eye. My optometrist told me that it's usually caused by stress and he could find no reason for it, medically. ...Brian in VA

yoU CAN TELL YOUR GENIOUS dR. THIS:
(Well, aside from DAMN THAT CAPS LOCK!)

IIRC, fluttering eyelid is usually caused by a change in blood pressure.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Kai

Do you drink a lot of Soda Pop with artificial sweetener? Appertain (artificial sweetener) has been know to cause such tremors. Please don't mess around with you eyes, as vision is something you do not want to loose! See a doctor!

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get the same thing sometimes. Only when I am real stressed out. Usually a few beers and I'm back to normal the next day.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
My uncle had a very bad eye twitch. It was a form of tuorette syndrome.

I doubt if it is something that you have and hope not.

Good luck.