Tcom

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
In the color of money does anyone know who does the theme song at the beginning and end of the movie? Does anybody have werewolves of thunder/ london on mp3?

thanks

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
Warren Zevon did "Werewolves of London" (that's really showing my age!!) but I don't know about the theme song at the beginning and end....sorry.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Kerry Impson said:
Warren Zevon did "Werewolves of London" (that's really showing my age!!) but I don't know about the theme song at the beginning and end....sorry.

Kerry,

I thought the same thing!!! "Werewolves of London" is a classic...I actually have the song on album and cd

Jim

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
I thought I was the only person in the whole world who still owns LPs!! :p (Thank God I don't have any eight-track tapes.....)

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chefjohnb said:
Do you mean "It's In The Way That You Use It" by Eric Clapton?

Ahhhhhhh......that's it.

Christyd>>>> been racking my brain all evening!....lol

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
The music at the very beginning of the movie is by Robbie Robertson (formerly of The Band), who is a good friend and former roommate of Martin Scorsese. I'm not sure if it even has a title, it was just a "riff" that he had done that Scorsese liked and wanted for the movie.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JLW said:
The music at the very beginning of the movie is by Robbie Robertson (formerly of The Band), who is a good friend and former roommate of Martin Scorsese. I'm not sure if it even has a title, it was just a "riff" that he had done that Scorsese liked and wanted for the movie.

I had not known that TCOM factoid, JLW! That is very interesting! :)

Here's a listing of the soundtracks on the TCOM album. For those who have seen the movie a kazillion times like me, can you match the song with the scene in the movie?

1. Who Owns This Place (Henley/Kortchmar/Souther)
2. It's in the Way That You Use It (Clapton/Robertson)
3. Let Yourself in for It (Palmer)
4. Don't Tell Me Nothin' (Dixon)
5. Two Brothers & a Stranger (Knopfler)
6. Standing on the Edge of Love (Williams)
7. Modern Blues (Robertson) (225K)
8. Werewolves of London (Marinelli/Wachtel/Zevon)
9. My Baby's in Love with Another Guy (Brightman/Lurie)
10. Theme from "The Color of Money" (Robertson)

Sidemen:
Eric Clapton, Willie Dixon, Gil Evans, Don Henley, B.B. King, Mark Knopfler, Robert Palmer, Robbie Robertson, Woodie Wachtel, and Warren Zevon.

I own the TCOM CD and sometimes will play it in the car when we're on the road, but the music of choice for Keith is Barry White (LOL). There's nothing better than driving in the middle of the night, listening to Barry White tunes to get you in the pool-playing mood. George Benson is another favorite!

Personally, I'm into bluegrass, but I enjoy all music! :)

JAM

Last edited:

chefjohnb

Registered
I was looking at the cast on a web site and it says "the waitress" was played by Christina Sigel. Is this Mike's wife? Is this a little piece of trivia I didn't know?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chefjohnb said:
I was looking at the cast on a web site and it says "the waitress" was played by Christina Sigel. Is this Mike's wife? Is this a little piece of trivia I didn't know?

She did play the waitress in TCOM, and I believe she also racked the balls in a scene in Atlantic City.

Right after the release of TCOM in 1986, Mike Sigel competed in the Maryland State Championship held in Silver Spring, MD. He was a "resident of Towson," which made him eligible. He was accompanied by Christina, who is shown here wearing the TCOM movie jacket in silver. I don't think they were married at that time, but I could be wrong.

Sigel won the tournament, and it was a treat for all those in attendance. Cigar Tom Vanover was the reigning champion the year before.

Here's a "Main Squeeze" Shot from the 1986 event. From left to right: the pool room owner's wife holding the baby, Sweet Rose, young JAM, Christina, and Cigar Tom's lady wearing the neck brace! :p

JAM

Attachments

• SqueezeShot.JPG
    SqueezeShot.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 116