thanks to Chuck Starkey

cribbeecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Missouri this past weekend for my wife's family reunion with some time to kill. I did a search for cue makers in my area and found Chuck just a few miles down the road and gave him a call. "come on over pardner" and we'll
swap some stories for a few hours. I met chuck and his 2 dogs Jack 1 and Jack 2 at his jewelry store. Chuck was gracious enough to share some insights and secrets on his vision on cue building. It was a great visit with someone with a lot more experience in the art of cue building than I possess. Chuck showed me some of his fantastic cues that are ready for sale, particularly a cue with a complete staghorn handle, it was a beauty. So if you are in need
for a custom cue or custom made jewelry contact Chuck, he is in Warsaw, Mo.
Thanx again Chuck for the beverages and great conversation! greg:smile:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I was in Missouri this past weekend for my wife's family reunion with some time to kill. I did a search for cue makers in my area and found Chuck just a few miles down the road and gave him a call. "come on over pardner" and we'll
swap some stories for a few hours. I met chuck and his 2 dogs Jack 1 and Jack 2 at his jewelry store. Chuck was gracious enough to share some insights and secrets on his vision on cue building. It was a great visit with someone with a lot more experience in the art of cue building than I possess. Chuck showed me some of his fantastic cues that are ready for sale, particularly a cue with a complete staghorn handle, it was a beauty. So if you are in need
for a custom cue or custom made jewelry contact Chuck, he is in Warsaw, Mo.
Thanx again Chuck for the beverages and great conversation! greg:smile:

chuck is good people!!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, Chuck is great to deal with. I used to live about 45 minutes from Chuck for several years. He was great to deal with then and has continued to be great to deal with since. He played a pretty good game of pool also.

cribbeecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the course of our conversation Chuck spoke highly of both Brent and Chris. Chris, Chuck shared a good story with me concerning his professional
dealings with the cueman that just let me know that I was in the company of
a straight-up fellow. greg

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you think you, enjoyed the visit

it was a very plesant supprise when i got a call form a fellow azber. it is so nice to tell a story about a cue build or repair and not have explain what you mean when you say tailstock, tool post, taper bars, you get what i mean.
if it was not for azb, jack #1 and #2 would get very tired of me trying to explain taper roll.
its amazing how many things we had in common, we both owned businesses, we both liked expensive/performance cars, we both knew a bit about building cues, we both played a bit, and when i ask if he would like to get a beer he almost ran me over getting to the door. :)

chuck