The $200 question

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I have a players sneaky cue and it plays great. It is my first cue.

Balance point is 30 cm down from the cue butt joint. Only thing that is a bit off is the joint.
The butt joint is recessed and there is a gap where no wood is touching the shaft.

Can you see light in between the butt and the shaft? If so its not that great of a cue, but maybe I misread your post.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke

Hands down.....have petes ready to ship at 100 bucks....upgrades .... 3 week lead time....can add kamui tip, lighter weight, etc for less than $150 total.
They will answer the phone when you call. Receptionist is in the room with David. Will talk to you as long as you want.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz sneaky pete is way above $200.

Why not buy new OB Classic shaft for $165 at jjcue.com, ship it to Schmelke and let them make you butt for $50. This way you can own high performance cue that exceeds Players, mcDermott and similar budget cues in terms of playability..

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you just want a cue that performs well and doesnt cost you a fortune, you should definitely check out the HXT series by players.
They do a fine job as playing cues and there are rather nice looking ones available too for everyones taste.
I have a HXTE10 myself and I love it, even when I have bought a couple off Mezz cues, pred shafts etc after that HXT cue. They are great for the price :smile:
this is what I would suggest.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best playing cue on the market today, that cost $200 or less, using the stock shaft? I

Best playing for you might be different for me. It's very subjective.

My best straight pool run (70) was done with a cheap Players brand cue that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Well that's just, like … your opinion, man

STFU Donny...... you're out of your element.......

BTW, I still have copies of my famous or maybe infamous STFU system available for those that need it. When paired with PIITH, you cant help but win big tournaments and all the money matches you play. (found out on AZB, that ludicrous claims help sell stuff......:duck:) :thumbup: