The AZB New Book List

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one is in mass market form in our Romance section. It came out last year but I only saw it today. Happy Mother's Day!

Attachments

• 20140508_124253.jpg
    20140508_124253.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 682

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Murder With A Twist by Allyson Abbott

The regulars at Macy's bar love a good mystery. But Mack is learning there's a big difference between barroom brain teasers and real life murder.

Just saw this today in our new releases. :) ISBN: 9780758280176

Attachments

• 1407174388748.jpg
    1407174388748.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 624

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Today this book crossed my path at work.

The title is Basic Pool: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide. The authors are Babe Cranfield and Lawrence May. I don't have to tell you who the Babe is, do I? :)

The ISBN is 9781616081799.

It is 210 pages and costs $12.95. There are tons of color photos and color diagrams. I don't think this is a new release. I think this is a reprint of Babe Cranfield's older writing with newer pictures and diagrams. Good stuff. :)

More submissions to come! :thumbup:

OMG you created Duckie!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of you know that I work in the receiving area of a large bookstore. Now everyone does.

At work, thousands and thousands of new books pass through my hands on a weekly basis. I've thought about passing along some new pool-related books from time to time. Up until now, I've only thought about it. Now I'm gonna try it.

So from now on, I'm going to try to pass along a pic in this thread of all the pool-related books I come across and their ISBN.

Be patient please. Sometimes I don't see anything pool-related for a long while, but I'll do my best to inform you guys.

Again, this will be new releases and first trade releases, new mass market books, etc. Hopefully, this thread benefits some of you guys and maybe even the authors too. :)

I'm the author of "The GREAT Break Shot". Joe Tucker has some of his works in the book too. The book was published in 2005.

The ISBN number is 978-1-4675-2572-5

Attachments

• 11 front cover sm.jpg
    11 front cover sm.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 583

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today this book crossed my path at work.

The title is Basic Pool: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide. The authors are Babe Cranfield and Lawrence May. I don't have to tell you who the Babe is, do I? :)

The ISBN is 9781616081799.

It is 210 pages and costs $12.95. There are tons of color photos and color diagrams. I don't think this is a new release. I think this is a reprint of Babe Cranfield's older writing with newer pictures and diagrams. Good stuff. :)

More submissions to come! :thumbup:

OMG you created Duckie!

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Does it have actual-size templates for "the arrow" that I can cut-out of the book and use on my table?!? Afterall, that's the Only Way To Aim[TM] (registered trademark of duckie).

:p
-Sean

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Does it have actual-size templates for "the arrow" that I can cut-out of the book and use on my table?!? Afterall, that's the Only Way To Aim[TM] (registered trademark of duckie).

:p
-Sean

Yes:rolleyes: And, you didn't answer my question;)

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oops, looks like the wrong book. How slippery is that double-pressed linen:p

Already answered that. Yes, it's very slippery, and fortunately it ain't me that has to deal with it (cue is a gift). Does that finally put that to rest? :rolleyes:

-Sean

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone like Manga? We got this new manga series in yesterday. It is called I'm Sakamoto. I'm not sure it has much to do with billiards but the cover caught my eye. ISBN is 9781626921962. 12.99 is the price. Winner of COMIC NATALIE'S Best Manga of the Year Award.

Attachments

• 1438179146813.jpg
    1438179146813.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 738

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone like Manga? We got this new manga series in yesterday. It is called I'm Sakamoto. I'm not sure it has much to do with billiards but the cover caught my eye. ISBN is 9781626921962. 12.99 is the price. Winner of COMIC NATALIE'S Best Manga of the Year Award.

I've always enjoyed this thread, and I'm glad you still have employment in a book store these days!

Neat cover, reminds me a lot of some posts where people talk about them making bridges of stroke motions in the middle of the day LOL

My son used to setup a set of pool ball colored golf balls on his bed and used the sheets and pillows as rails to "play" before we got our home table.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool related dust jackets always catch my eye. :smile:

Today's find is the second book in a new series. Trigger Yappy by Diana Orgain. ISBN is 9781250069122. Trade Cloth hardback only since it's brand new. It sounds like a murder mystery in a bar setting. 25.99 is the price. Happy Holidays everyone

Attachments

• 1480624451973258457478.jpg
    1480624451973258457478.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 642

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
"The Tender Bar" by J. R. Moehringer. One of the best books I ever read.