The Ballad of John and Lou, Part Two

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Bruce, Lou:

Apologies I'm seeing this only now. For as long as I can remember (ever since being on AZB back in 2006 timeframe as a lurker -- joined later), vBulletin had that Multi-quote button.

Lou, it's a godsend of sorts. You know all that replying-to-every-single-post-addressing-you-in-a-response-post-of-its-own thing that you do? You can do the same thing, in one post and in one fell swoop, with Multi-quote. Just click that button on each post you want to respond to, to "mark" it, and move to the next one. "Mark" that one, and move to the next one... etc. until you have all the posts you want to respond to "marked." Then click the "Quote" button on the bottom-most one you've marked, and voila! All those posts you've marked will now appear quoted into a Compose post dialog, ready for you to add your own comments.

In fact, I used the Multi-quote feature to response to both of you, and I've added my own twist. After I marked both of your posts and got into a Compose post dialog, I moved Lou's opening "[ QUOTE=lfigueroa;4672563 ]" tag upwards and outside of Bruce's quoted post, to embed Bruce's quoted post inside of Lou's quoted posted, recreating the original "Lou quoting Bruce" scenario. You can do a lot of cool things if you know how to manipulate QUOTE tags. Most people fook them up, because they lop off or misplace one of the "[" or "]" enclosing brackets. You see that all the time here, when you see a completely mangled post where it's difficult to tell where the original quoted post ends, and where the responder's text begins, and you see these broken "QUOTE" tags without one of its "[" or "]" encapsulating brackets. (And btw, when I mention above about moving Lou's opening tag and actually showed the tag in bold, I intentionally inserted a space next to each "[" and "]" to prevent vBulletin from interpreting that tag.)

Anyway, the vBulletin software is server-based, not client based. The only thing required on the client side is a relatively up-to-date web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, etc.).

Hope that helps! Lou, PM me if you need any assistance -- glad to help!

-Sean

If he did that, he wouldn't get the benefit of his 50 bumps.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John,
Are you really so self absorbed that you believe that only pro-Barton camp get banned? Come on now. Your name is in the title but Lou wrote it and it was about your match. Not about you. Part 3 is now closed. Why don't you leave the other two to run their coarse instead of euthanizing them.

Nick

Part One got whacked too. Just a matter of time before they close this one too I suppose.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with almost everything you wrote. Except that the people who helped me taught me very well and I went about as brain dead as possible in this match. I was gifted some damn good one pocket knowledge and I failed to apply it.

There will be no rematch because Lou has already stated he won't play. I would want to try again for as much money as I could bring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I said I probably wouldn't want to play again. Who knows, catch me on a good day and all that :) In any case, please stop with all the "as much money as I could bring" baloney. We've been down that road with you and it's a dead end.

Lou Figueroa

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Part One got whacked too. Just a matter of time before they close this one too I suppose.

Lou Figueroa

Lou

Doesn't much matter. They locked them rather than deleting them so your well-done OPs were preserved.

Kevin

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Eric guy seems to be a provocateur.

He admitted that he hates JB. Even as far as saying both of them have "bad blood" before JB even said it.

If you hate someone so much, why are you going to play pool next to them. This Eric guy had no business being at an event of a person he despise. He was right next to JB and JB took the bait. He was their to provoke JB. The reason for the bad start.

Eric wanted to watch the match. John could have easily ignored him, as Eric was ignoring him, before John started in on him.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bruce, Lou:

Apologies I'm seeing this only now. For as long as I can remember (ever since being on AZB back in 2006 timeframe as a lurker -- joined later), vBulletin had that Multi-quote button.

Lou, it's a godsend of sorts. You know all that replying-to-every-single-post-addressing-you-in-a-response-post-of-its-own thing that you do? You can do the same thing, in one post and in one fell swoop, with Multi-quote. Just click that button on each post you want to respond to, to "mark" it, and move to the next one. "Mark" that one, and move to the next one... etc. until you have all the posts you want to respond to "marked." Then click the "Quote" button on the bottom-most one you've marked, and voila! All those posts you've marked will now appear quoted into a Compose post dialog, ready for you to add your own comments.

In fact, I used the Multi-quote feature to response to both of you, and I've added my own twist. After I marked both of your posts and got into a Compose post dialog, I moved Lou's opening "[ QUOTE=lfigueroa;4672563 ]" tag upwards and outside of Bruce's quoted post, to embed Bruce's quoted post inside of Lou's quoted posted, recreating the original "Lou quoting Bruce" scenario. You can do a lot of cool things if you know how to manipulate QUOTE tags. Most people fook them up, because they lop off or misplace one of the "[" or "]" enclosing brackets. You see that all the time here, when you see a completely mangled post where it's difficult to tell where the original quoted post ends, and where the responder's text begins, and you see these broken "QUOTE" tags without one of its "[" or "]" encapsulating brackets. (And btw, when I mention above about moving Lou's opening tag and actually showed the tag in bold, I intentionally inserted a space next to each "[" and "]" to prevent vBulletin from interpreting that tag, because I want the readership to see the actual tag I'm talking about.)

Anyway, the vBulletin software is server-based, not client based. The only thing required on the client side is a relatively up-to-date web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, etc.).

Hope that helps! Lou, PM me if you need any assistance -- glad to help!

-Sean

Still not seeing no stinkin' "multi-quote" button...

Lou Figueroa
usin' Safari

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
then i'm going to post this before Wilson steps in today, cause i couldn't post @ Ballad 3:

last night, 500 sales reps, manufacturers, and furniture store buyers from across the continent, gathered on the 5th floor, to raise a glass in honor - of losing one of our own.

two hours prior, my Vegas rep, and very close friend of 10 yrs, informed me that he's got 2-3 months cause he doesn't qualify for a transplant. he is not here for the show & unless i can get to Vegas in time, December will have been the last time i saw him.

so our Celebration on Design Wing 5, was two-fold....

....and with swollen eyes and tears still streaming, i type - and amidst RKC & Lou/JB, JA/BigTruck, et al - we all mended bridges last night. forgave the $$$$$ owed. forgot the competitiveness. we were unified - cause that's who we are & what we do.

please think about it? i can't tolerate anything more on AZB today.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
then i'm going to post this before Wilson steps in today, cause i couldn't post @ Ballad 3:

Originally Posted by PINKLADY View Post
last night, 500 sales reps, manufacturers, and furniture store buyers from across the continent, gathered on the 5th floor, to raise a glass in honor - of losing one of our own.

two hours prior, my Vegas rep, and very close friend of 10 yrs, informed me that he's got 2-3 months cause he doesn't qualify for a transplant. he is not here for the show & unless i can get to Vegas in time, December will have been the last time i saw him.

so our Celebration on Design Wing 5, was two-fold....

....and with swollen eyes and tears still streaming, i type - and amidst RKC & Lou/JB, JA/BigTruck, et al - we all mended bridges last night. forgave the $$$$$ owed. forgot the competitiveness. we were unified - cause that's who we are & what we do.

please think about it? i can't tolerate anything more on AZB today.

I don't believe it's Dave that's closing them. But I could be wrong on that.

I do like the sentiment you've expressed, Pink One. But it is crystal clear from John's posts that he cannot see his way there, so that means we're all out of luck.

Personally I think John let a golden opportunity slip through his fingers towards the end of the Part Three thread. To me it looked like many were prepped to forgive him if he could have just shown the smallest sign of introspection and responsibility.

Lou Figueroa

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I don't believe it's Dave that's closing them. But I could be wrong on that.

I do like the sentiment you've expressed, Pink One. But it is crystal clear from John's posts that he cannot see his way there, so that means we're all out of luck.

Personally I think John let a golden opportunity slip through his fingers towards the end of the Part Three thread. To me it looked like many were prepped to forgive him if he could have just shown the smallest sign of introspection and responsibility.

Lou Figueroa

Lou

Folks that are stuck in the blame phase can never look within.

Kevin

TheThaiger

Banned

Lou Figueroa

As someone who's attracted a lot of attention, given and received flak aplenty, and been banned several times, I feel I am well placed to offer Barton the benefit of my experience. All he needs to do is show a little humility and accept he's as much to blame as anyone else. If you give it, you MUST be prepared to take it, which I don't think he is.

Only then will people forgive him for a being the complete lunatic he is. :wink:

That Buddha-like zen act he put on when he came back from his latest ban didn't last long though, did it. Never again was he to be drawn into any more pointless arguments over nothing. Oh no.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
usin' Safari

Lou, you responded while I was still editin'. Recheck my response above, and let me know if you see the button I'd screenshotted.

-Sean

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
usin' Safari

There's @ 5 different versions of how to use AZ's V Bulletin. If you click the lowest leftist most drop down box and click on "Tech Two", you will definitely have multi quote ability.

In every post you view there is an icon next to the "quote" icon. Curser over it, it will say "multi quote". Click it, and the same for all other posts you want to multi quote. Then click reply to thread and voila, all quotes are inserted.

TheThaiger

Banned

Lou Figueroa
usin' Safari

Oh god, don't encourage him. It took a lot of restraint to not comment on his post, so I fear for myself if he does a part II, I really do.

I can see it, but can't use it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's @ 5 different versions of how to use AZ's V Bulletin. If you click the lowest leftist most drop down box and click on "Tech Two", you will definitely have multi quote ability.

In every post you view there is an icon next to the "quote" icon. Curser over it, it will say "multi quote". Click it, and the same for all other posts you want to multi quote. Then click reply to thread and voila, all quotes are inserted.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Bingo. Tech Two. It's kinda dark though...

Of course now I don't need it anyway since all my threads have been whacked :)

Thanks though, KK.

Lou Figueroa

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh god, don't encourage him. It took a lot of restraint to not comment on his post, so I fear for myself if he does a part II, I really do.

I can see it, but can't use it.

Don't know why you feel you need to respond to my posts that are in the genuine spirit of helping other members.

Control issue, Tim?

-Sean

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Bingo. Tech Two. It's kinda dark though...

Of course now I don't need it anyway since all my threads have been whacked :)

Thanks though, KK.

Lou Figueroa

Great suggest, KK.

Lou, you'll get used to Tech Two. It's a little easier on the eyes than the intense contrasts of the other motifs.

P.S.: at least the threads are still around and not truly "whacked."

-Sean