The best S/P's

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hightower

There's nothin sneaky about this cue, but it hits so sweet.
It's the one on the bottom, called swords and daggers, built by Chris Hightower.

instroke2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone here looking for a 2008 Josey Bacote Scabdagger...?

w/ Built in Daroo Cue extension
w/ 1 Predator 314-2 shaft with matching ringwork (Wizard Med tip)
w/ 3 Predator Z-2 shafts with matching ringwork
19 oz.

$725.00 shipped. Oh did I mention "Mint!"

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PAt Diveney!

Lisa- how is it that you keep getting Murray to chop wood for you? I want one too!!!!

acedotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjr183 said:
I know a few people in my area who only collect sneaky peats from Tim Scruggs and Bob Frey and believe they are the best sticks made. Even though they may be a little overzealous about it, this should at least indicate that they are high quality.

Yeah, there are a lot of Bob Frey fans down here, too. I've got two SPs, a Josey which is my favorite playing stick, and a Falcon which serves me well as a bar cue. Below is the Josey.

my_josey.jpg

thedude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two Bob Frey SP's, one about a year old, another one I bought used from the early nineties. One has a big pin flat faced joint, the early 90's Frey is a real sneaky with no joint collars, etc. I like the feel of the big pin on his newer cues, but that early 90's cue is a beast.

I'd recommend Frey to most, his customs are great as well. All three of my Frey cues are have a neutral balance. If you like a forward balanced cue, I'd go elsewhere.

Last edited:

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
without a doubt! hands down!

Keith Josey makes the best sneaky. Balance feel and design are all second to none... at least until God starts making sneakys....:smile:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
PAt Diveney!

Lisa- how is it that you keep getting Murray to chop wood for you? I want one too!!!!

Actually, Murray has only chopped wood for me once. The bocote Tucker I had acquired from runscott, who won it in the Hightower raffle in early '07. I played the daylights outta that cue, while waiting for mine to be completed by Murray. My Bois de Rose Tucker was completed and delivered to me days before VF '08. I hung onto the bocote Tucker for a few more months, but runscott really wanted it back, so I sold it back to him...otherwise, it would still be in my case. :sorry:

I do, however, have a possible line on a cocobolo Tucker full splice (SP-type)...if anyone is interested. ;)

Lisa