The best stroke/cue action you have seen

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Respectfully Louie, watch this sheer Sigel perfection beginning to end, then get back to us about Mike's rhythm and flow in his prime:

Arnaldo ~ I guarantee it as the best, most inspiring single-hour of pool spectating you'll ever spend . . . even if you have zero interest in 14.1 ____________________________________________________________________________________________
Sigel had an interesting punchy kind of stroke. Not pretty, but very effective. I used to like Jim Rempe, he did not have a fancy stroke, but he always had control. Buddy Hall and Miz were similiar in that regard.

So the question of who has the best stroke action goes to... Ronnie O Sullivan, running centuries in snooker and being the GOAT!

Your welcome!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is almost impossible to understand the accuracy required to make a ball travel 20 ft into a specific spot on that cloth, until you have suffered it yourself!
All the precision happens at the first ball. With the reversy bendy shots, the precision happens inside the player cue ball system.

Kidding. I know what you mean.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The video of a Sayginer exhibition was just released by Accu-stats. This was when he was new to US fans. He had just set the US record for high average of 3.571 in a 50-point match (3 cushion). Note how he does some of the masse shots with a dart grip.

WobblyStroke

My opinion, a pump stroke using the whole arm is prettier than a pendulum. Just as effective if not more so. A pendulum is easier for an instructor to teach and troubleshoot, it's main virtues assuming a player can get low to the table. A pendulum is lousy with a high stance.
Spot on. Efren had the prettiest pump stroke ever and would def get my vote if I never saw Earl in top gear.
Earl's is the purest arm swing there can be.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
jimmy moore and eddie kelly. and thats why one of the reasons no one ever challenged either.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spot on. Efren had the prettiest pump stroke ever and would def get my vote if I never saw Earl in top gear.
Earl's is the purest arm swing there can be.

This arm position and stroke shown in the first minute or so is what I used when I shot pool well. When I came back to pool after a few decades away I was going to learn to play "right" including stance and stroke. Worst thing I ever did to my game!

For some reason I started calling this stroke bunting and started only using it on the seven footers. It will deliver all the power needed. I think I need to go back to this or a very similar stroke especially since I can't get low to the table these days.

Hu

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US players:
Funniest stroke: tied between mike davis and keith mccready
best stroke: alex pagulyan

international: neijs feljin (sp?) or efren reyes

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
jay forgot. he once said ed kelly had the best or was it the most pretty stroke.

If I talk about the prettiest stroke as in the most graceful movement it belonged to a guy shortstop level or less. Lost the video and have never found it again. It was a slipstroke but the individual way this man delivered it with the interaction of elbow, wrist, and grip made it seem like he had an extra joint or a flexible forearm, more like a flexible forearm I believe.

Impossible of course but like some optical illusion dance moves it was amazing to watch. I wish I could find it again. It has been years now and contrary to popular belief even with the internet much is simply lost. Best I recall this was a less than fifty second video. I think the guy was medium sized and in dress clothes or a suit.

It has been over a decade and my memory may not be accurate about details. Definitely the most graceful stroke I have ever seen though. Only an inch or two of stroke really matters of course and I don't know that this stroke offered any real advantage over more typical strokes. Sure would like to study it more.

Hu