The classic by Brunswick?

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts on the classic by Brunswick? Found one locally I am thinking about picking up. Has some very odd shaped legs!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Thoughts on the classic by Brunswick? Found one locally I am thinking about picking up. Has some very odd shaped legs!

-

I'm not familiar with the classic...
Are you thinking of the Brunswick Century?

Rob.M

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a plaque on it that says Brunswick "the classic" and it has legs like a kling

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$_27.JPG

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
The cutout for the "classic" badge seems to be oversize with large headed brads to hold it in place.
Many Brunswick tables would have the ID badge centered on the short rail to replace the diamond.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cutout for the "classic" badge seems to be oversize with large headed brads to hold it in place.
Many Brunswick tables would have the ID badge centered on the short rail to replace the diamond.

Thanks Ralph. I tried to find another Brunswick that had both a name plate and rail marker but couldn't (mind you I didn't spend too long looking).

Maybe a Canadian only model or very old Brunswick?

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The font used on the nameplate is much newer than the table. Someone thought it would look cool and installed it.....not Brunswick.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input guys. On to the next one.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a Brunswick Classic in Jersey
Thank you.

It is still available at 850 Canadian (about $2 US lol)

I haven't been able to find anything about it online so I'm not sure if it was a decent table or if it had 1 inch slate. I think I am going to wait for a more 'mainstream' table to come on the market

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
What about the Gold Crown in your avatar pic? If you have a Gold Crown you are already set for life.:clapping::clapping:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I gotta say, I've never seen one before....ever, 82-83' only, wonder why only 2 years.

thats what i had handful of years back! haha

found it on craigs list for 600......

was in great shape, all wood frame no presswood/mdf.

played great...fixed it up a little. sold it for 1500 after owning it for about 3 years....i set it up 5 years ago almost at my friend who bought it. They still have it.

It could have more meat on the inside of the table and such but its simple to put together and pull apart.

glenns fibbing just a little :p he just doesn't remember it but he helped me and there was a thread and pics lol....here was one i remember posting up while i was messing with it and some others i found of some time over the few years i had it.......

i think it was a 1/2" hardware if i remember correctly.

loved the flat top which was as the name suggested like the old turn of centruy tables. I always figured it was a 70's table but never really researched it. Just by way of how the finish had the black paint splotches like you see in lots of furniture from that period.....on fake wood or even the real wood furniture.

but liek i said that tables all wood. if you cant steal a GC then i'd def recommend it.

rails played really well too. Cliff joyner played on that dam table with us matter of fact......not sure if i told the guy i sold it to that...probably could got an extra couple hundred outa him lol

careful with the little wooden pieces in b/t the corners and sides...and dont over tighten. those are plywood and i do remember those being shit.....i made new ones but wans't any big deal.....

mine was pretty mint when i got it, not much play on it. tops of subrails were in great shape and wasn't worn anywhere....only thing wrong really was those little plywood pieces that i mentioned the glue had dried and they became brittle.....

-Greyghost

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 219
  • full (1).jpg
    full (1).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 216
  • full (2).jpg
    full (2).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
when you take the sub rails and slates, top frame all that off....

the tapered legs and the wide planks b/t each leg are held on by two screws each on every end, top and bottom of that board.

use 1/2 box end wrench. stick your hand.....or someones hand or your gonna need long wrench into the hole on top of leg.....and use socket in other and losen......

i'd advise going over all the glue joints checking them as they may need repair possibly from dry rot or breakdown whatever you call it.....when da glue so old it forgets its job lol

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the Gold Crown in your avatar pic? If you have a Gold Crown you are already set for life.:clapping::clapping:
finances are a bit tight and I had to sell it :(

Half the cash went to the bank account and the other half is going towards another table

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats what i had handful of years back! haha

found it on craigs list for 600......

was in great shape, all wood frame no presswood/mdf.

played great...fixed it up a little. sold it for 1500 after owning it for about 3 years....i set it up 5 years ago almost at my friend who bought it. They still have it.

It could have more meat on the inside of the table and such but its simple to put together and pull apart.

glenns fibbing just a little he just doesn't remember it but he helped me and there was a thread and pics lol....here was one i remember posting up while i was messing with it and some others i found of some time over the few years i had it.......

i think it was a 1/2" hardware if i remember correctly.

loved the flat top which was as the name suggested like the old turn of centruy tables. I always figured it was a 70's table but never really researched it. Just by way of how the finish had the black paint splotches like you see in lots of furniture from that period.....on fake wood or even the real wood furniture.

but liek i said that tables all wood. if you cant steal a GC then i'd def recommend it.

rails played really well too. Cliff joyner played on that dam table with us matter of fact......not sure if i told the guy i sold it to that...probably could got an extra couple hundred outa him lol

careful with the little wooden pieces in b/t the corners and sides...and dont over tighten. those are plywood and i do remember those being shit.....i made new ones but wans't any big deal.....

mine was pretty mint when i got it, not much play on it. tops of subrails were in great shape and wasn't worn anywhere....only thing wrong really was those little plywood pieces that i mentioned the glue had dried and they became brittle.....

-Greyghost
Thanks for all of the great info! Sounds like it is worth going to check out

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The font used on the nameplate is much newer than the table. Someone thought it would look cool and installed it.....not Brunswick.

dont say stuff when you dont know what your talking about......the badge was in the same place on my table and you can see it in the pictures.

the table is just styled older....its not 100 years old.