The cue you wish you had back

MalibuMike

Banned
Blue R14 with Matching ring work Custom Jacoby Custom Ultra 31" & Custom tip 12.25mm!

Blue Schon R14 with Matching ring work Custom Jacoby Custom Ultra 31" & Custom tip size 12.25mm, Sharp Points, New Hard Burnished Stacked Leather Wrap (Mosaic) by Tiger Cue Products! Balanced to perfection, Refinished by Meullers, Flawless! A real Shooters cue! It hits like my Burt Schrager, the new Ultra Jacoby blows the Revo and Mezz ExPro out of the water! I have tried all the shafts out there! A Awesome Cue!

Attachments

• 20190420_172039.jpg
    20190420_172039.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 20190420_172259b.jpg
    20190420_172259b.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 20190420_172229.jpg
    20190420_172229.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 20190420_172727.jpg
    20190420_172727.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 339
  • 20190420_172428.jpg
    20190420_172428.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 349

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
I have one that I want back badly and I have posted on here trying to locate it. The cue was a Richard Benson that I got from John Shuput, Omaha John. It was the cue he used when he won The Miller Lite World Series of Tavern Pool. It was a simple looking cue, not much ginger bread on it. It had 4 brown points and a tan Irish linen wrap, It also had 4 shafts with Phenolic ferruels and the initials JCS on the butt. John sold it to my wife , he knew I wanted it. It was my birthday present. It was stolen from my house on Christmas day many years ago. Years later my stepson admitted he stole it and sold it to a pawnshop in Council Bluffs. It was the most solid hitting cue I ever played with.

I would also like to have one of the Muecci MO 7's I had specially made for me to my specs. One was broken by my father and two were stolen.

idfx

Registered
I had a brand new Cuetec in Junior High to play rotation, then switch to play 3 cushion with a brand new La VICTORIEUSE cue then a second hand Wilhelmina cue, then play rotation with brand new Meucci Gambler at high school. At freshman year in college I had a second hand Richard Black to play pool as well as an Adam Japan 3 cushion cue with Joe Porper case. Second year college I had a brand new Schon STL 7 with original Schon shaft, then sold it and bought a brand new Schon STL 13 with predator shaft with an instroke case. Sold the Schon and bought a brand new cognoscenti then bought a second hand Southwest with an instroke casing.

Then at graduate school bought a brand new collaboration Predator Lucasi with Joe Porper case. Then bought a brand new Predator in 1998. Then bought a predator again 2k7, Then 4K with a talisman case.

Then starts switching to second hand Exceed 09xx something with a predator BK3, then bought a second hand Exceed Takahashi series 7TA5W all with Talisman case. Then bought a brand new Mezz EC7 W6 with an Instroke case, then a brand new EC7 R1 with Mezz MZ35 case. Then quit playing for 5 years. Now starting to play again with a brand new Mezz Ace 184 with Expro shaft and Mezz Dual Force with Mezz Softcase.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
I had Barnhart butt that Cory made from a single, solid piece of Brazilian rosewood. I was foolish to let it go, but it went to a previous owner that begged to get it back.
I've since had Cory build me a solid butt from a single piece of bocote. It plays GREAT, so I'm grateful to have it.
Neither of these cues were cored.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've had at probably 200 or so cues, and the only ones i pine for are certain house sticks... all hi-runs with low tips.

dspaboss

magic wand missing

Ordered a cue from Murray Tucker, waited 2 years for delivery, but was it worth the wait.
Pulled it from the box and ran 45 balls the first inning, played so effortlessly it was like cheating. Sold it under financial duress, like many others have.:(

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella 4 point rosewood hoppe. Sold it about 8 years ago when I was all pissed off about pool.

Since then I've come to accept that I can enjoy pool without having to always try to get better.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones....I had the opportunity to get the cue back a few weeks ago, and it plays just like I remember.

eddieautomatic

Temple of Pool Founder
Gold Letter Joss

After playing pool since 1964, I bought a gold letter Joss (lettering at the collars) at the Jointed Cue (Sacramento) in the early 1990s, from Terry Stonier's son (David). Then in the late 90s, I quit playing pool and gave the cue to my niece who was really getting into the game. That cue was a sweet hitter! She still has it!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
uh oh

Some time in the mid 90's when Danny Harriman was running around the midwest gambling with everyone he came through my area and needed some cash. I traded him some money and a plain SW for a 1of2 ever made Joss East cue made for Mike Sigel. Bunch of ivory floating points and the trademark fishing hooks. Sent it to Dane Janes for confirmation, new ivory butt cap and extra shaft. Back then he said it was worth 3/4k. About a week after I get it back, I make a quick stop at a bar to check on something with a buddy of mine and the owner of the bar has the bouncer look in my car window to see if I brought a cue with. He breaks in and takes the case. Then he comes up to me and tells me he just saw someone break in and take off. Obviously should never have left it in the car knowing the bar owner wanted that cue pretty badly when he saw Danny playing with it. The bouncer came clean several years later to my friend about it. Danny came back through about 6 months later and wanted to buy it back. Said it was one of the first cues he ever won gambling. I felt bad telling him the story of it's demise.:( Needless to say I hope that bar owner burns in pool cue thievery hell........

This is not true (yellow journalism), I never traded any southwest cue for a joss. I have owned two southwest's and remember how they both were released. Also when I was out on the road in the 90's - I did not gamble with 'everyone' (generalization facebook stuff) I was usually flush with $ as I chose my games carefully. I was usually winning $ (90% of time). Do not know where u got your storeee'. :-( But I do see your trying to portray me desperate gambler that needed some $ - very weird story) as I have never owned a joss cue built for Mike? Not callin u out, I just think your mistaken however, my memory is purty' good when it comes to pool cues and have never won a cue gambling in my life. I always thought it to be bad luck to win another persons cue so I turned all offers down. Only cue I ever won was a McDermott - that was from a tournament win. I think u have a mysterious case of wrong identity there doggin9. Please do not use my name in any more of ur bogus negative folklore. I have actually had a cue stolen from me and it aint' fun, again please do not use my name in any more of ur elusive fish tales. The people who post on here know I am not without fault, eh being dishonest is not one of my faults however.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not true (yellow journalism), I never traded any southwest cue for a joss. I have owned two southwest's and remember how they both were released. Also when I was out on the road in the 90's - I did not gamble with 'everyone' (generalization facebook stuff) I was usually flush with $ as I chose my games carefully. I was usually winning $ (90% of time). Do not know where u got your storeee'. :-( But I do see your trying to portray me desperate gambler that needed some $ - very weird story) as I have never owned a joss cue built for Mike? Not callin u out, I just think your mistaken however, my memory is purty' good when it comes to pool cues and have never won a cue gambling in my life. I always thought it to be bad luck to win another persons cue so I turned all offers down. Only cue I ever won was a McDermott - that was from a tournament win. I think u have a mysterious case of wrong identity there doggin9. Please do not use my name in any more of ur bogus negative folklore. I have actually had a cue stolen from me and it aint' fun, again please do not use my name in any more of ur elusive fish tales. The people who post on here know I am not without fault, eh being dishonest is not one of my faults however.
Great reply DH. To the point but still polite. You outta come down to Tulsa in August for the Midwest event at Magoos.